United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 23-10-2020, 09:47 AM
HarkNowHear

No tears goodbye.

Should have risked the Italian venture when the offer was on the table.

Unread 23-10-2020, 09:53 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Was serving my time as a Building Services Technician in the late 80s when Carrier offered two of us the chance to go to New York to complete our apprenticeships. I'd just met a girl so never went. The other lad did and I never saw him again.

I sit here in North Wales thinking that I'd be in a Manhattan office designing the cooling for a new skysc****r with the Rainbow Rooms booked for tonight with some classy Upper East side MILF divorcee.

Instead I'm going home to the same girl for chili con carne and rice, and to moan about the lack of any input my two adult sons have into the finances, cleaning or cooking in my heavily mortgaged house, and how my pension is so shite that I will need my Mum and Dad to snuff it before I can retire.

still.. good news about the chilli

Unread 23-10-2020, 10:01 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
still.. good news about the chilli
Lazy cooking at its worst.

Wouldn't change her or the lads for the world tbph

Unread 23-10-2020, 10:03 AM
Jethro

Not moving to Canada when the door was open. The fact my first was on her way put the breaks on things but I really wish we'd have just gone for it.

Unread 23-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not moving to Canada when the door was open. The fact my first was on her way put the breaks on things but I really wish we'd have just gone for it.
you're on the wrong log in, mike...

Unread 23-10-2020, 10:36 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Only being 11 when my old man died so never going for a pint with him. 15 for Grandad so the same...(although on his dying day he did give me a four pack of lager to drink during my job packing down a market stall).

Choosing to be educated in the Garden City with my mates rather than accept the free bursary to St. Bede's I was offered.

Spending the criminal injuries compensation I received, on various shenanigans during the summer of 1991, rather than put a deposit down on a house.

Thinking about it, the latter two are probably my Mrs regrets rather than mine...
I took the free bursary at Bedeís and you missed nothing. Well, given the date, not counting the buggery.

Unread 23-10-2020, 11:31 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Is incommunicado Spain or Portugal?
Coventry

Unread 23-10-2020, 01:20 PM
shenwen

went off the rails when I was in my late teens and it was hard on my family. Hit my dad especially and he died a couple of years later before I'd pulled myself back together and got to university and all that. Still feel I contributed to his poor health. Probably didn't but the thought is always there. Regret just being such a dick back then. Especially now I've got sons of my own.

On the positive side, last conversation with him I was working away in North Wales and I'd called home to speak to my mum but she wasn't in. Usually we'd have nothing to say but we chatted away about the FA cup semi replay v Oldham. Spoke longer than I can ever remember us doing before. He died a week later.

Unread 23-10-2020, 01:57 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I had a job offer in Canada, accepted it, got my visa then didn't bother going as I got offered a permanent job in Norway so stayed there instead. Not a regret as such as it turned out alright but I always wonder how things would have been different.

Unread 23-10-2020, 02:05 PM
doudou

Pretty much everything's been ace since I got the f*** out of Bury