United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Szekely

Default We're rarely this unfancied.

Don't know of a single pundit who thinks we'll win on on monday or finish in the top four.

its now getting to the point where people are actually ignoring what's in front of them. general consensus is that we were lucky to win at Newcastle even though we clearly dominated and created several clear chances. A win that, if any other club around us would have got, would have been considered a good result.

I prefer it that way.

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Lok

I'd be very surprised if we didn't win on Monday.

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd make us marginal favorites given our home record this season and general record against arsenal.

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:34 PM
dunk

Reckon we'll beat them tbh. Rooney with a couple

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
Don't know of a single pundit who thinks we'll win on on monday or finish in the top four.

its now getting to the point where people are actually ignoring what's in front of them. general consensus is that we were lucky to win at Newcastle even though we clearly dominated and created several clear chances. A win that, if any other club around us would have got, would have been considered a good result.

I prefer it that way.
you mean like when Chelsea won away at West Ham?

It's because we scored late, that's it.

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
you mean like when Chelsea won away at West Ham?

It's because we scored late, that's it.
Yeah, it's %@#$&!s. In a match in which Chelsea took a bit of a pounding and Courtois was MOTM SSN declared 'gritty Chelsea show title winning form' whereas our much more one sided victory was greeted with 'lucky
Louis as United scrape undeserved 3 points' or words to that effect

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

It's at home. We'll win and arsenal will be shaky again for a few weeks. As per.

Unread 07-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, it's %@#$&!s. In a match in which Chelsea took a bit of a pounding and Courtois was MOTM SSN declared 'gritty Chelsea show title winning form' whereas our much more one sided victory was greeted with 'lucky
It's all in how they choose to present the story. They hate our manager, it's as simple as that. They hate that he's not an amiable pushover like Moyes was who gives them info over dinner.

They all bang on about how "united should be doing this and playing like that" as if there's any sort of precedent to what's happening at the football club now. It's a totally exceptional situation. No club has had such a sustained period of total dominance under one manager and then suddenly had everything from the chief executive right down to 14 of the players leaving in 18 months.

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Szekely

Quote:
I said it on the MOtd thread too, but look at the reaction to spurs. They were clinging on in an evenly ccontested match at home to Swansea. imagine if that was us!

as sparky says, it's about how we're perceived to be doing. what we should be doing. moyes just needed time whereas van gaal should be doing more with the squad. match of the day called him lucky Louis twice. They actually closed their show with it.

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Ginners

why do people care what pundits think?

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Don't give a shit what any of them think tbh, I neither read nor watch anything that's not United these days, I just caught SSN for a couple of minutes this week and felt my contempt for the whole £#%&!ing charade double :£#%&!er:

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Reckon we'll beat them tbh. Rooney with a couple

What have you done with the real dunk ?

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Szekely

Quote:
don't really care because it doesn't matter, but it's interesting to see how we're perceived.

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Quote:
don't really care because it doesn't matter, but it's interesting to see how we're perceived.
you must care a bit if you've checked what several pundits think. i haven't even heard the game against arsenal discussed, no idea what paul merson thinks the score will be.

we're hanging on to 4th in the league and playing some disgusting football, its not a surprise pundits aren't expecting us to mount a late title charge.

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Szekely

Quote:
you must care a bit if you've checked what several pundits think. i haven't even heard the game against arsenal discussed, no idea what paul merson thinks the score will be.

we're hanging on to 4th in the league and playing some disgusting football, its not a surprise pundits aren't expecting us to mount a late title charge.

who said anything about mounting a title challenge?

The football has improved in the last three games. absolutely nobody has acknowledged that. including a lot on here.

I care enough to post a thread but that's about. don't exactly scream at the Mrs because Paul Merson thinks we'll struggle away to Hull.

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:57 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
id be very unsurprised if we didnt not lose ...and you cant not quote me on that

Unread 07-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Ginners

Quote:
who said anything about mounting a title challenge?

The football has improved in the last three games. absolutely nobody has acknowledged that. including a lot on here.

I care enough to post a thread but that's about. don't exactly scream at the Mrs because Paul Merson thinks we'll struggle away to Hull.
not what she said

Unread 07-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Szekely

Quote:
not what she said

Unread 07-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Alan

Quote:
Easy way of scoring top red points

Like you said, United are playing horrific football and deserve the criticism.

Unread 07-03-2015, 05:38 PM
waynes ear's

Knock the holders out for a spot in the semi finals

What more motivation do these shit @#%&!s need?
Closed Thread