United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-04-2023, 09:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It's what I saw and I'm sticking to it.

Sick of all the shit he gets - we all know he needs to be moved on in the summer but the abuse is pathetic
Even Keane was defending him yesterday

Unread 17-04-2023, 09:33 AM
AK14

Quote:

Sick of all the shit he gets - we all know he needs to be moved on in the summer but the abuse is pathetic
All of this.

We’ve all called him shit at some point and had a rant about his poor performances, but the constant OTT abuse is very odd.

Worth the 80m? Never. But he’s never been as bad as what’s been made out imo.

Unread 17-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
All of this.

We’ve all called him shit at some point and had a rant about his poor performances, but the constant OTT abuse is very odd.

Worth the 80m? Never. But he’s never been as bad as what’s been made out imo.
I give him loads because I don’t like him as a player, but all within the context of football and his performances…..but the way he’s become an avatar for mockery in the wider footballing world is ridiculous. You’d think he was a league one player bluffing his way in the PL with the amount of shit he gets.

Unless you support City Or Arsenal, he’s better than most do your centre backs.

Unread 17-04-2023, 10:28 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
You can't say that because the agenda!

He was excellent after his yellow card. Also, never a pen for the handball. Can't believe everyone is going on about it.
Because we've had ones like that given against us before now. Ridiculous hand ball screams from crowds and players usually mean we'll get punished. Good to see it wasn't, because its a moronic rule. Maguire did play well, NQAT.

Unread 17-04-2023, 10:31 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

He doesn’t get enough abuse imo.

Unread 17-04-2023, 10:39 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Saw this for the first time yesterday (don't know whether it's been posted elsewhere on here, presume it has). He's become an international meme, even referred to in budget debates:

Insane levels of abuse IMHO. The laughter...

Unread 17-04-2023, 10:45 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Saw this for the first time yesterday (don't know whether it's been posted elsewhere on here, presume it has). He's become an international meme, even referred to in budget debates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFLHZSQfW7A&t=85s

Insane levels of abuse IMHO. The laughter...
deserves it

Unread 17-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly