United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-04-2023, 03:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
No-mark left back

He’s just won the £#%&!ing World Cup tbf.

Unread 14-04-2023, 03:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Ned, you’re up…

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:05 PM
dunk

Fair point..

Arsenal spent half of the game Sunday milking injuries to take the sting out and we just passively let the opposition dictate what’s happening, even with a genuine injury.

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:08 PM
Ethers

It was very odd.

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:09 PM
dunk

Shades of Noble picking Herrera up and carrying him off the pitch.

They’d have gone £#%&!ing mental if we tried to shift a player of theirs in the same scenario.

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:15 PM
Bunker Buster

They are his international team mates though, there was zero malice in it, think Pete the dick is clutching a bit with this one .

Unread 14-04-2023, 05:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They are his international team mates though, there was zero malice in it, think Pete the dick is clutching a bit with this one .
Maybe not, but it wasn’t in our interests to get him off the pitch asap, take 5 minutes to assess it on the pitch and kill the momentum etc.

Unread 14-04-2023, 06:10 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Absolutely, it was just typical Argentinian fair play to get him off the pitch. Dunk is right though, it wasn't in our interest for him to leave the pitch so quickly.

Unread 14-04-2023, 06:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

It was a nice touch which quite coincidentally, entirely suited them

Unread 15-04-2023, 04:37 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Found our fans getting excited about someone having a needless pissing contest with some no-mark left back in a game we've got control over all a bit shite tbh. Seems our manager did too.

All went so well after that too.

Shame that's not ok with the top red crew.
Ah, it's top red now to enjoy watching players entertain.

Needless pissing contest

Antony had nothing to do with us conceding against Seville. Or maybe you think Malacia got upset by Antony's "overkill on the tricks"?

He also had nothing to do with Casemiro getting sent off.

Maybe stick to watching city win for a cringe-free experience.

Unread 15-04-2023, 11:00 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
They are his international team mates though, there was zero malice in it, think Pete the #@&% is clutching a bit with this one .
In that case fairplay to them, if they were genuninly trying to help an international team-mate in distress.

Unread 15-04-2023, 11:05 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
In that case fairplay to them, if they were genuninly trying to help an international team-mate in distress.
I think dunk is right

They probably were doing the good thing, but we needed a bit more nous about us and use it to take the sting out of the game. As he said could you imagine if the roles were reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Needless pissing contest

Antony had nothing to do with us conceding against Seville. Or maybe you think Malacia got upset by Antony's "overkill on the tricks"?

His kick out was ridiculous and on another night could have cost us, but other than that I loved the back and forth with their left back. His attitude is great imo and I thought he played really well but i Thursday

Shouldn’t have been subbed.

Unread 15-04-2023, 11:11 AM
Ethers

Yep, the kick out was petulant and very unnecessary. The rest of it was £#%&!ing brilliant. I think he’s getting better and better, and I love his attitude out on the pitch. I think if you told him to tone it down, it would take away from him as a player.

Unread 15-04-2023, 11:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Needless pissing contest

You found it entertaining. I found it unnecessary and so did our manager. Which makes you a better fan than me, of course,

It had everything to do with Casemiro getting sent off because that’s how the incident started.

Ah yes. I support City. Good one. As original as ever from the top red crew.

Ignore list. Just a suggestion.

Unread 15-04-2023, 12:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yep, the kick out was petulant and very unnecessary. The rest of it was £#%&!ing brilliant. I think he’s getting better and better, and I love his attitude out on the pitch. I think if you told him to tone it down, it would take away from him as a player.

I enjoyed the battle with the FB, it can go either way, clearly Antony needs a bit of needle to get him bang at it and he generates it for himself at times, I've no problem with it. He needs to know the limits though, kicking out is not the one and he's done it a few times this season.

Unread 15-04-2023, 12:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I enjoyed the battle with the FB, it can go either way, clearly Antony needs a bit of needle to get him bang at it and he generates it for himself at times, I've no problem with it. He needs to know the limits though, kicking out is not the one and he's done it a few times this season.
The context is important. I’m not taking that stuffy position of ‘all that showboating is disrespectful’. The reaction and outcry to that spin he did earlier in the season was ridiculous. Ultimately, it didn’t matter. He lost the ball and it had no effect on the game.

But doing it when we’re in control of the game is detrimental. It amps up the opponent when we need to do the opposite. At 2-0, we needed more composure, not that.

It wasn’t just about the kick out either. If it was, he’d have taken him off there and then. He didn’t. He stayed on and their little feud continued. That’s when he took him off because he knew that could end with him getting himself sent off. We end up taking off a player who is largely having a good game. It didn’t help us. That’s my issue with it.

I agree too that he’s got a bit of edge to him and you don’t want to lose that. The upside is that he’s tenacious and grafts and will keep coming back at you. I’ll take that over Sancho melting into the turf any day.

It’s just knowing where and when and how much.

It’s not a big deal and he’ll learn from it, I’m sure.

Unread 15-04-2023, 12:49 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You found it entertaining. I found it unnecessary and so did our manager. Which makes you a better fan than me, of course,

It had everything to do with Casemiro getting sent off because that’s how the incident started.

Ah yes. I support City. Good one. As original as ever from the top red crew.

Ignore list. Just a suggestion.
Er, you threw in the top red jibe.

"So did our manager"

Don't remember you blaming Antony for Casemiro getting sent off at the time it happened. Funny that.

Unread 15-04-2023, 01:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Er, you threw in the top red jibe.

"So did our manager"

Don't remember you blaming Antony for Casemiro getting sent off at the time it happened. Funny that.

You said ‘state of our support at times’ in reference to me.

I’m not blaming Antony for Casemiro getting sent off. I’m saying he did what he did the other night. Which led to the incident which Casemiro get sent off for. But of course, you know this. It just doesn’t suit your snidey little position.

And our manager does agree. Which is why he took him off and said as much. Which is what I was reacting to. But you’ve fixated on the word ‘cringe’. Tedious.

Unread 15-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Ethers

Ironic seeing Dr City having a go at a player for carrying things on needlessly…..

Unread 15-04-2023, 01:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Ironic seeing Dr City having a go at a player for carrying things on needlessly…..