United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-04-2023, 11:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
As bad as I've seen. He set the bar with Casemiro's yellow and then forgot all about it. That period where B

Speaking of Brighton, for all the media love in they were right snide @#%&!s with all the little (and big) fouls.

Considering the injuries we are dealing with, and the fact that 3-4 of the starting 11 were not match fit, didn't think they were all that. Would take Caicedo in a heartbeat though.

Fred should start against Spurs imo. Bring Ericksen on in the later stages.

No argument with that. Eriksen needs to get fit, any way.

Oh, and Caicedo was far less prominent once Fred got to grips with him. Love to see a player work out how can be effective as a sub. Ole was exceptional at it and Garnacho has done pretty well, too. Plenty in between.

Unread 24-04-2023, 11:53 AM
Big Norm

Watched mini highlights today and tbh we had just as many chances as them during the game. Every single one of our penalties was top class (even Sabitzers).

Unread 24-04-2023, 12:17 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Seeing a few people defending DDG by saying the Brighton keeper didn’t save any either any.

Well firstly, he actually got within a couple of metres of some of them, rather than just immediately collapsing to the opposite side of the goal like David.

Secondly, he’s on about 20k a week and isn’t generally considered one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Rather than David on his £400k a week, who we’re still told is an elite keeper, with shot stopping one of his strengths.

We’ve clarified recently that the financial side of things influences expectations of performance, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect DDG to save a £#%&!ing penalty now and then, even if the Brighton keeper doesn’t.
We could have had that shoot out until midnight and de gea wouldn't have got near a Brighton penalty. That's the difference for me. He never even gets close. Brighton players weren't even bothering with run ups

Unread 24-04-2023, 01:15 PM
marlo

that referee was the worst I’ve seen in my life i think.

he had his card out before you players had even made the tackles at one point.

Unread 24-04-2023, 01:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
that referee was the worst I’ve seen in my life i think.

he had his card out before you players had even made the tackles at one point.
Would be a Freudian slip if the spelling Marlo was on

Unread 24-04-2023, 01:43 PM
Sparky***

We’ve seen some shocking ref performances this season but Jesus I think we hit the nadir on Sunday.

Polson pretty much let Brighton players do whatever they wanted, astounding amount of tactical fouls went without yellows and how Mitoma stayed on after crunching the goalkeeper with a leg breaker i don’t know.

He couldn’t book Casemiro quick enough though, which was just typical.

Unread 24-04-2023, 01:59 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Seeing a few people defending DDG by saying the Brighton keeper didn’t save any either any.

Well firstly, he actually got within a couple of metres of some of them, rather than just immediately collapsing to the opposite side of the goal like David.

Secondly, he’s on about 20k a week and isn’t generally considered one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Rather than David on his £400k a week, who we’re still told is an elite keeper, with shot stopping one of his strengths.

We’ve clarified recently that the financial side of things influences expectations of performance, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect DDG to save a £#%&!ing penalty now and then, even if the Brighton keeper doesn’t.
Yep. Dont expect a penalty save as they’re stating the obviously not easy to save. But he goes down like a sack of spuds and doesn’t seem to have the gumption to try and at least make himself look big and/or move around and try and fill the goal. In fact he does the opposite and bends his knees, hunches his shoulders. No way it doesn’t give a bit of extra condfidence to the taker

Unread 24-04-2023, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Yep. Dont expect a penalty save as they’re stating the obviously not easy to save. But he goes down like a sack of spuds and doesn’t seem to have the gumption to try and at least make himself look big and/or move around and try and fill the goal. In fact he does the opposite and bends his knees, hunches his shoulders. No way it doesn’t give a bit of extra condfidence to the taker
This is because he’s not good at making himself big, he’s good at positioning and reflexes, which offer little on penalties. It’s also why he seems to concede so many goals that he gets nowhere near, he’s generally set well but there are big gaps, so if a player has any sort of time and composure he looks easy to beat, as with penalties.

Unread 24-04-2023, 03:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
if a player has any sort of time and composure he looks easy to beat

Unread 24-04-2023, 03:18 PM
armchair

Caicedo's foul on Dalot where the ref played on would've been a sending-off for Casemiro.

Unread 24-04-2023, 04:05 PM
BigJim

I have a tip for De Gea - read the notes on your little water bottle, then do the opposite.