United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:26 PM
red in cumbria

Anyway......since I said 4 *decent* signings, Bunks is doing apples and oranges here.

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Anyway......since I said 4 *decent* signings, Bunks is doing apples and oranges here.
Wow, shots fired at Eriksson....

Unread 27-07-2023, 04:50 PM
shenwen

No. Need two more at least to those three. Onana the one I’m most excited about in terms of how he will change the the way we play. But we can’t go into the season with one striker, who is also unproven at the top level.

Unread 27-07-2023, 05:21 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Top 4 and maybe a cup.

We're so far from winning the league we'd have to spend half a billion in one window to bridge that gap, so it's not happening.

There's several things i want to see from United this season.

1. Be more cohesive in attack and show we've got ideas beyond just 'give it to Rashford and hope he beats 3 players from wide'. Deliver quality balls into the box, link up play etc. Tell Antony and Garnacho they are allowed to pass the ball to team mates in better positions and not just as a last resort.

2. Stop being so absolutely piss-easy to play through. Saw it far too often last season, we turn the ball over and within 3-4 passes the opposition are having a shot on our goal. We need to be far more difficult to play against in general.

3. Go away to teams in the top half of the table and not concede shit loads of goals and get rolled over. Show some nous and don't implode the minute we concede a goal. 3 times last season we went away and conceded 4+ goals in one half of football. That can't happen again.
Im actuely inclined to agree with 95% of that particuly about the imploding after going behind!

Unread 27-07-2023, 05:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

At the specific moment no. We have to go into the season with a new striker. Ideally another proper CM too.

It all depends on who is here by the start of the season. Strong reports with Hojlund and Amrabat coming in. If the two of them sign then it changes with a yes.

I think you have to take into account the funds we have available to spend and ffp.

Having the sale of the club hanging off your head doesn’t help either. If we sign the two above I’d say we have a good squad based on where we are as a club right now.

Unread 27-07-2023, 05:29 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, one definition is "much better than it could be considering we are still owned by THEM".
That's not a definition it's an opinion.

Unread 28-07-2023, 12:16 AM
92ToBury

The only window I'll be happy with is one that the Glazers are launched through.

Unread 28-07-2023, 12:46 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
That's not a definition it's an opinion.
A correct one, however.

Unread 28-07-2023, 05:32 AM
redhegemony

Very pleased to see the way we are doing things not getting held to ransom by Levy and £#%&!ing up the whole window. Kane would have been a game changer but it doesn’t seem as if he was prepared to push which suggests he wasn’t that committed to us.

With the 3 essentials done it may be easier to offload and strengthen - the biggest bonus is getting rid of the stench of desperation that has been around the club since Mourinho.

Think we could surprise a few people.

Unread 28-07-2023, 07:59 AM
Patty_b

We'll get a striker in and then it will be acceptable.

Even our best squads in history could've done with positions strengthening and more depth in some places. Nothing wrong with always wanting to improve the squad as much as possible, but I think there's room for a bit of perspective at the same time. Once we get a striker in then I think the squad will be the strongest that it's been for a good while.

Unread 28-07-2023, 08:37 AM
andyroo

Cavani is leaving Valencia on a freeman's...

Unread 28-07-2023, 08:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Cavani is leaving Valencia on a freeman's...
Going to Boca. Been trying to get there since his first season with us tbf.

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Very pleased to see the way we are doing things not getting held to ransom by Levy and £#%&!ing up the whole window.
would be very happy to see the glazers held to ransom. we are not "doing things properly"; we are restricted by ffp. and the reason for that is that the @#%&!s have never put a single red cent into united.

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:28 AM
Coracao

No.

Still looks like there is a serious shortage of goals amongst it.

Unread 28-07-2023, 09:43 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
No.

Yep, agree. It looks like we're gonna be setting up to attack with a high defensive line but what's the point if there's no @#%&! to put the ball in the net?

Unread 28-07-2023, 01:32 PM
Sparky***

Unread 28-07-2023, 02:08 PM
wiganste

It's absolutely clear we need to spend to sort out the mess left by Woodward's reign of terror.
The amount of money thrown down the drain is criminal

Unread 28-07-2023, 02:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It's absolutely clear we need to spend to sort out the mess left by Woodward's reign of terror.
The amount of money thrown down the drain is criminal
Last season we had a squad signed by 5 different managers.

An absolute mess

Unread 28-07-2023, 02:28 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
No.

Alongside a proper striker there is a desperate need for the rest of the side to up their output to similar numbers at their previous clubs.

Sancho was getting 13, 20 & 16 in his three seasons prior to joining us.

Anthony hit 11 & 12.

If Mount can get near his season best of 13 from midfield in '21-'22 season it would be a great return.

Only consistency we have is Bruno & Rashers (poor season before last excused as he's hit 20+ in all comps 3 times out of 4 now, last year exceptional).

I'd expect 10 goals out of the defence over a year as well in all honesty.

Unread 28-07-2023, 02:42 PM
dunk

Have we anyone that can take a consistently dangerous corner or set-piece yet?
Closed Thread