United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Pudge_Bear

Default Ronaldo- 'That Brazilian journalist was chatting shit'

kind of

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...664941,00.html

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo insists he has made no decision over his future.

The Portuguese ace has been at the centre of the transfer story of the summer as Real Madrid look to land him for a reported record-breaking fee.

The 23-year-old appeared to be leaning towards a move to the Spanish capital after comments suggested he has already set his sights on a move.

But he has now admitted he is unsure of where his future lies.

"Still I do not know where I will play," Ronaldo was quoted as saying in Spanish daily Marca.

"I have not yet decided. It will be decided after the European Championship."

Ronaldo continued to add to his already sky-high reputation with an excellent performance in Portugal's 2-0 triumph over Turkey on Saturday as Luiz Felipe Scolari's opened their Euro 2008 campaign with a win.

The former Sporting Lisbon star was handed the captain's armband in the latter stages of the encounter, and Ronaldo insists he was not intimidated by the responsibility of captaining his country.

"I've been captain many times. (At a major tournament) the responsibility is the same. It's always nice to play with the armband," he added.

Unread 08-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Ed Sullivan

That's just as bad though.

"Still I do not know where I will play," Ronaldo was quoted as saying in Spanish daily Marca.

"I have not yet decided. It will be decided after the European Championship."

So you keep putting it off.

#@&%!sicle.

Viva la Rooney.

Unread 08-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Jack Duckworth

i've been trying to ignore all this ronaldo stuff, but he's pissing me off now.

just come out and say one way or another what you're going to do, you pillock

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
jem

Default I think he meant

he doesn't know if he'll be playing in the first team or the reserves.

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Talking ffs

Any news on these desperate phone calls the media reckon Ferguson's been trying to make?

Has he got his flight out to Switzerland booked yet?

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Any news on these desperate phone calls the media reckon Ferguson's been trying to make?

Has he got his flight out to Switzerland booked yet?
Keep trying to divert attention away from Ronaldo's disgraceful comments I see. Would you care to tell us what you make of his latest refusal to commit his future to United and end all this speculation or would you rather cling to one story made a few days ago that's not nearly as relevant?

I await your attempted smart arse reply with baited breathe.

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Keep trying to divert attention away from Ronaldo's disgraceful comments I see. Would you care to tell us what you make of his latest refusal to commit his future to United and end all this speculation or would you rather cling to one story made a few days ago that's not nearly as relevant?

I await your attempted smart arse reply with baited breathe.
get a life

yes i know i've been on here all £#%&!ing weekend

i meant get a £#%&!in brain and start thinking for yourself

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
get a life

yes i know i've been on here all £#%&!ing weekend

i meant get a £#%&!in brain and start thinking for yourself
Yep, I thought as much, you can't bear to admit it. Why do you come on on these threads when they are so obviously out of your depth?

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
magic_cantona

What a £#%&!ing @#%&!.

"I still don't know where I'll play"

£#%&! off.

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yep, I thought as much, you can't bear to admit it. Why do you come on on these threads when they are so obviously out of your depth?
sorry, what was the question again

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM
dunk

Didn't he say he would make no comment?

Didn't Big Phil say the same?

Sounds to me that Marca are just rubbing out the tracks of their propaganda

Until any of these words come out of his mouth, in English, on a televised interview, I'm ignoring it all.

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
rebelcountyred

this shit is doing my head in, why does he need to make these comments, i thought it should be obvious where he will be playing next season, four years remaining on your contract, ring a bell ronnie?
if he doesn't get a transfer it won't be from lack of trying on his and his agents behalf.

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't he say he would make no comment?

Didn't Big Phil say the same?

Sounds to me that Marca are just rubbing out the tracks of their propaganda

Until any of these words come out of his mouth, in English, on a televised interview, I'm ignoring it all.
I caught the end of an interview on 5Live earlier with Ronaldo after yesterday's game. I missed most of it but they asked Steve McLaren what he thought of it and he said that "Ronaldo could have ended the speculation there and then by saying he would be at United next year and he didn't".

If he's doing this to make himself the centre of attention, he's a @#%&!.
If he's doing this to set up a move to Real Madrid, he's a @#%&!.

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:46 PM
naes_sean

£#%&!ing @#%&!. end of.

Unread 08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
I caught the end of an interview on 5Live earlier with Ronaldo after yesterday's game. I missed most of it but they asked Steve McLaren what he thought of it and he said that "Ronaldo could have ended the speculation there and then by saying he would be at United next year and he didn't".

If he's doing this to make himself the centre of attention, he's a @#%&!.
If he's doing this to set up a move to Real Madrid, he's a @#%&!.
I understand exactly how you feel and what you are saying. However, if he hasbeen instructed to say nowt and concentrate on the Euro's then that's what he should do.

He has said on countless occasions, in face to face interviews on the TV, that he is in the right place, is happy and is staying. If he says it again in an aftermatch interview, it's not going to make a blind bit of difference to the speculation, the press would just say Fergie has told him to say it. So he says nothing.

All the reports of the last week have emanated from one source, the Spanish propagnda machine, therfeore they should be ignored IMO.

I've thought long and hard about it and I am satisfied that he neither desperately wants to go nor is worried by what's being spouted in the media. That'll do for me.

The media want to cause a division between the fans at United and the player, they want disharmony at OT, that is the soul ambition of this whole campaign as far as the press are concerned in this country, Neil Custis was even on SSN on Friday encouraging United fans to hate Ronaldo for what he is doing. If that doesn't clear up what is going on then nothing will, after all, it is the press that are telling us what he is 'doing'.

It is up to strong minded individuals to sort through the shit and pick the sense out of the nonsense.

Unread 08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
captain scarlet

But dunk he is not saying nowt. He is saying something and that something is very ambiguous as regrds his immediate United future. As a result it is legitimate to infer that he regards his immediate United future as ambiguous. This interpretation is not weak minded. It's very plausible.

Unread 08-06-2008, 02:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
But dunk he is not saying nowt. He is saying something and that something is very ambiguous as regrds his immediate United future. As a result it is legitimate to infer that he regards his immediate United future as ambiguous. This interpretation is not weak minded. It's very plausible.
It's for the conspiracy theorists and the pessimists.

Even if he came out at the end of every match and said he was staying, the speculation wouldn't go away. How many times since the European Cup has hesaid he will be here next season in TV interviews, 3, 4? How many times has he said he wants to move or he doesn't know, in TV interviews? 0? Has the speculation ended? Immediately afte the CL Final he said live on TV he is staying. The next day the papers said he was moving to Real, although there is no footage of the 'interview' he gave to the Spanish Press saying this.

The whole agenda here is to de-stabilise player and club, from Madrid to strain the relationship so they get him sooner rather than later, Tey have said on countless occasions that they can't get him this year, they know that because of his contract, they can cause as much disruption as possible though, laying the ground work for next summer. The Spanish press are all over it at the behest of Real and to give their league a boost by implying the World's Best player is dying to move there. In England to destabilise United and get rid of a player they failed to hound out 2 years ago, weakening United in the process by using their little inglunder mentality.

Unread 08-06-2008, 02:29 PM
rebelcountyred

Unread 08-06-2008, 02:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Not at all. I am well aware he wants to play for Madrid at some point and fully expect him to move in a year or 2. I'm just not stupid enough to buy into the tactics beig used by the press and Madrid, attempting to divide Ronaldo, the club and the fans, making his stay at the club uncomfortable or impossible, forcing a transfer on their terms.

If you are too stupid to see that this is their plan and stupid enough to play right into their hands, then I feel sorry for you.

Unread 08-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not at all. I am well aware he wants to play for Madrid at some point and fully expect him to move in a year or 2. I'm just not stupid enough to buy into the tactics beig used by the press and Madrid, attempting to divide Ronaldo, the club and the fans, making his stay at the club uncomfortable or impossible, forcing a transfer on their terms.

If you are too stupid to see that this is their plan and stupid enough to play right into their hands, then I feel sorry for you.
Ronaldo is as guilty as Madrid in this. Do you think they'd still be at this if he said there is no way he'll be playing for them next season?
Closed Thread