United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:36 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He doesn’t need to justify staying on. his consultancy role wasn’t dependent on how well he did as an interim. They’re entirely different jobs and I’m surprised that people aren’t willing to separate the two. And the consultancy role is his strength and what he’s largely been doing for ten years. Not being able to get a tune out of these tossers doesn’t affect that.
I agree. he's never shown he knows how to manage a team but he has shown knows how to run a football club. And importantly for our owners, he has shown he knows how to run a commercial football club.

Hopefully Erik blanks him on day one and only ever calls him to check on the bus times.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:38 PM
Ethers

Quote:
He doesn’t need to justify staying on. his consultancy role wasn’t dependent on how well he did as an interim. They’re entirely different jobs and I’m surprised that people aren’t willing to separate the two. And the consultancy role is his strength and what he’s largely been doing for ten years. Not being able to get a tune out of these tossers doesn’t affect that.
Yeah, such a strength he was working in £#%&!ing Russia when we picked him up.

You have no idea what his ‘consultancy role’ might entail. Nobody does. But as it’s at a football club, I presume football knowledge and insight might come in handy. Based on the 6 months he’s been here, he’s severely lacking in that area because he’s made bad decision after bad decision.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah, such a strength he was working in £#%&!ing Russia when we picked him up.

You have no idea what his ‘consultancy role’ might entail. Nobody does. But as it’s at a football club, I presume football knowledge and insight might come in handy. Based on the 6 months he’s been here, he’s severely lacking in that area because he’s made bad decision after bad decision.
At the risk of repeating myself, success on consulting on transfers or whatever the role might be behind the scenes is not affected by whether he could have made better subs at points in an interim role

They’re entirely different roles.

Even being a manager and coach is much more closely linked and even that produces a massive disparity in output. Brian kidd was a brilliant coach for us, but a terrible manager. Would you want the best director of football managing the team? That Paul Clement guy is one of the most respected and talked about in the game, but people aren’t hiring him as manager, and if he failed in a difficult interim managerial role, it shouldn’t affect his reputation in an entirely different role.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:48 PM
Hyman_Roth

Thumbs up

Quote:
At the risk of repeating myself, success on consulting on transfers or whatever the role might be behind the scenes is not affected by whether he could have made better subs at points in an interim role

They’re entirely different roles.

Even being a manager and coach is much more closely linked and even that produces a massive disparity in output. Brian kidd was a brilliant coach for us, but a terrible manager. Would you want the best director of football managing the team? That Paul Clement guy is one of the most respected and talked about in the game, but people aren’t hiring him as manager, and if he failed in a difficult interim managerial role, it shouldn’t affect his reputation in an entirely different role.
Ok. Let’s agree that he’s been brought in as an interim manager and has proven himself to be shite at that. He may end up having a consultancy role at the club - as yet undefined - and he hasn’t yet proven himself good at that.

So he’s a shit manager and he might be good at a role that’s not yet defined. He also might not.

Nice one!

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:56 PM
The taste of...

FFS …. Even the thick bastards running this shitshow knew RR
Wasn’t pulling up trees as a coach

His brief was to tie the laces for whichever of the shit@#%&!s was available
each weekend, get us into top 4 if possible but more importantly report
back on these leaking lazy £#%&!ers and there ability to participate in high tempo football……and it seems to me he has… to ETH
at least

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Ok. Let’s agree that he’s been brought in as an interim manager and has proven himself to be shite at that. He may end up having a consultancy role at the club - as yet undefined - and he hasn’t yet proven himself good at that.

So he’s a shit manager and he might be good at a role that’s not yet defined. He also might not.

Nice one!
Pretty much this

I just find it odd that so many people think he’s worth keeping around at the club, and I can’t see what it’s based on.

If he was that good at the off the field side of things, why was he working as a physio in Russia or whatever he was doing?

Just seems like classic modern day United to me. Instead of going out and getting the best person available, we went and found someone who would be alright at managing for a few months, and then might be alright doing some undefined consultancy role, to save us having to look for anyone else.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:57 PM
saffers

People crying about Ralf really need to chill out.

Seasons dead thanks to the players downing tools.

Nothing left to achieve for the rest of the season, lets keep the forum toxicity free and eyes on the future.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Nice one!
No, because he’s been undertaking those kind of roles elsewhere. Which is why we hired him. If we’d hired someone who was exclusively a manager, and not a particularly good one, and we just gave him a consultancy role and this interim position, then that would be fair enough.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:58 PM
saffers

Quote:
If he was that good at the off the field side of things, why was he working as a physio in Russia or whatever he was doing?
Hard to take your post serious when you write nonsense like this.

You and your ilk never wanted Ralf to win. You wanted the guy after him to win.

It must hurt you, Hyman and co deeply that your bet on Ole didnt pay off so you release your frustrations on Ralf. Very sad to see this stuff. Unseemly. Time to move on, no more bitterness please. The future is bright.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hard to take your post serious when you write nonsense like this.

You and your ilk never wanted Ralf to win. You wanted the guy after him to win.

It must hurt you, Hyman and co deeply that your bet on Ole didnt pay off so you release your frustrations on Ralf. Very sad to see this stuff. Unseemly. Time to move on, no more bitterness please. The future is bright.
Are you actually watching today then pal?

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Pretty much this

I just find it odd that so many people think he’s worth keeping around at the club, and I can’t see what it’s based on.

Just seems like classic modern day United to me. Instead of going out and getting the best person available, we went and found someone who would be alright at managing for a few months, and then might be alright doing some undefined consultancy role, to save us having to look for anyone else.
It could all go wrong and he might be a waste of time, but most to the reservations about his consultancy role seem to stem from what he’s doing as an interim.

And for us too. We’re such a mess that I’m not sure we’re a fair gauge to judge someone as a manager, never mind someone who will taking on a different role.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:01 PM
Chopper

Mon’ United.
Into them from the start.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Are you actually watching today then pal?
Saw Garners and Hanners on the bench, that was motivation enough to tune in today.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Chopper

There’s One.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:09 PM
saffers

Ronnie and Elanga doing the siiiiuuu together. If you dont smile at that you have a broken soul!

Patty_b

He's bagging a hatrick today easy.

Pop

Struggling to give a shite tbh.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:10 PM
armchair

I think the managerial idea was that norwich are shit.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:11 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think the managerial idea was that norwich are shit.
Awful other than the one break they had. First time in a while a team has come to Old Trafford and looked like they can't be arsed.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:13 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Awful other than the one break they had. First time in a while a team has come to Old Trafford and looked like they can't be arsed.
Even if they score United look like they can comfortably out-score them.