United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2015, 02:20 PM
ashtonred

Default George Best

This month marks the 10th anniversary of George´s death.
Channel 5 showing a documentary re-examing the facts surrounding his death tonight (9pm). Sounds a bit morose but hopefully the programme will include some footage of his outstanding footy skills.

Unread 16-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Mr_Ed

It's described as: "Dr Jason Payne-James re-examines the facts surrounding the death of the man blessed with astonishing football skills and stunning good looks."

Dr Payne-James said: “George had told his doctors that in the months leading up to his admission he had been drinking heavily. The alcohol had clouded his judgement and he had overdosed on his immunosuppressant medication.

Not much about his other talent - playing football

Unread 16-11-2015, 02:28 PM
jem

unless putin had him executed, I doubt there will be any great revelations.

Unread 16-11-2015, 02:29 PM
believe

So basically it's a documentary about the fact he was an alcoholic and a footballer? great.

Unread 16-11-2015, 02:30 PM
forzagarza

The alcohol didn't kill him but the fact he had been drinking heavily did

Unread 16-11-2015, 02:36 PM
elephantstone

no doubt it will be another opportunity for his airhead son to make a few quid out of his dad's name.

Unread 16-11-2015, 03:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Speaking of George Best I found this video of his performance away to Spain in 1970

Some incredible dribbling skills

Unread 16-11-2015, 03:17 PM
andyroo

Not long before I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go on a dialysis machine with Georgie Best

Unread 16-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Speaking of George Best I found this video of his performance away to Spain in 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBeeJpBTcTc
Add to his dribbling that the evidence he tackles like Giggs, dispossesses wingers at full back like Rooney, has the passing awareness of Scholes.

Not a bad little player.

Unread 16-11-2015, 03:44 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBeeJpBTcTc
No end product

Unread 16-11-2015, 03:50 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Add to his dribbling that the evidence he tackles like Giggs, dispossesses wingers at full back like Rooney, has the passing awareness of Scholes.

Not a bad little player.
It's often debated if the 'greats' from the 60's/70's would fit into today's game. George definitely would. Mesmerising skills, never broke sweat and made the game look so easy. Can't for one minute imagine what his worth would be in today's tranfer market. Bale 80 million? The mind boggles.

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Reno

Wouldn't piss on his corpse if it was on fire tbh. Fulfilled a small fraction of his potential. Never gave a shit about United or anything/body else. The only thing George cared about was George. How a @#%&! like that can be judged a legend is beyond me, pissed away his career at 25, and then when he almost drank him self to death, wanted us to feel sorry for him. hahaha Not a chance, was glad when he finally went.

Would take 1 Phil Neville over a 100 George Bests.

''Have another Stella Georgey Best, Have another Stella Georgey best.....''

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:39 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno
Wouldn't piss on his corpse if it was on fire tbh. Fulfilled a small fraction of his potential. Never gave a shit about United or anything/body else. The only thing George cared about was George. How a c*** like that can be judged a legend is beyond me, pissed away his career at 25, and then when he almost drank him self to death, wanted us to feel sorry for him. hahaha Not a chance, was glad when he finally went.

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Not a bad little player.
Giggs had a similar slide tackling style but George did it more often and was more aggressive. Without going into direct comparisons, he's right up there with the greatest ever to play the game.

Quote:
Wouldn't piss on his corpse if it was on fire tbh. Fulfilled a small fraction of his potential. Never gave a shit about United or anything/body else. The only thing George cared about was George. How a @#%&! like that can be judged a legend is beyond me, pissed away his career at 25, and then when he almost drank him self to death, wanted us to feel sorry for him. hahaha Not a chance, was glad when he finally went.

Might as well wear an "I am an attention seeking moron" sign on your head

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
It's often debated if the 'greats' from the 60's/70's would fit into today's game. George definitely would. Mesmerising skills, never broke sweat and made the game look so easy. Can't for one minute imagine what his worth would be in today's tranfer market. Bale 80 million? The mind boggles.
No he wouldn't

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Might as well wear an "I am an attention seeking moron" sign on your head
Get him one made up to match yours you £#%&!ing braindead £#%&!wit

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:48 PM
King Eric

Pure Genius.

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Holocaust, utter holocaust

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Holocaust, utter holocaust
You are a £#%&!ing disgrace

Unread 16-11-2015, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe