United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:12 PM
dodger

Default Re: So Eddy baby's done after this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I've got to be honest, I'm expecting it. I'm pretty much expecting him to sign an unknown, relatively young goalkeeper with little to no experience.

I'm not being a doomlord, it's just after seeing Ronaldo and tevez leave, no real replacements brought in, the midfield being obviously weak but still not addressed after 2 seasons, it does fill you with misery.

Won't stop me getting behind whoever plays.
Jeez. It hadn't even crossed my mind...No, I can't see it.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:13 PM
borsuk

in many ways he's been the perfect keeper for united. fantastic concentration, big game player, has the authority to organise the back four and he's probably the best keeper with the ball at his feet that i've ever seen. his first touch shames most of our outfield players and his distribution from hand or off either foot is wonderful.

he'll leave a huge gap. probably our most consistent and possibly our best player since ronaldo left.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
in many ways he's been the perfect keeper for united. fantastic concentration, big game player, has the authority to organise the back four and he's probably the best keeper with the ball at his feet that i've ever seen. his first touch shames most of our outfield players and his distribution from hand or off either foot is wonderful.

he'll leave a huge gap. probably our most consistent and possibly our best player since ronaldo left.
Is this Scholes and Giggs last year too?

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Can you smell that borsers, yup it's definitely the smell of an approaching lack of value in the market.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Unless we put some major investment in, it can't be.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:21 PM
borsuk

Quote:
hope not, but i suspect scholes might call it a day at the end of this season.

said it before, dealing with giggs' and scholes' retirements will be fergie's last great task and will be the acid test for the glazers in terms of what they make available for transfers. even if a couple of youngsters have the talent to step up and grow into giggs' and scholes' roles the squad will still need to replace the experience and status of those players because reputation counts. maybe they'll stump up the cash for some big-name signings, after all it's not their £#%&!ing money anyway.

fix up look SHARPE

2:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He was MOM against Scunny.
3:00
Quote:
Maybe after his MOM performance at Glanford Park.
no wonder you've got 50,000 posts.

borsuk

Quote:
Can you smell that borsers, yup it's definitely the smell of an approaching lack of value in the market.
i can smell something all right

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
2:57

3:00

no wonder you've got 50,000 posts.
Good one.

Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Unless we put some major investment in, it can't be.
Has anything been said about them, in terms of how longs left?

Realistically, you'd want 2 world class signings in the summer, even if they dot retire, just to have them around and so scholesy can share his wisdom with the new guys.

If they retire this summer, it's going to be our most miserable summer in years.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
i can smell something all right
You better have a shower then.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:23 PM
andyroo

PIG was £#%&!ing rubbish at Scunny anyway. Only had so much to do because he dropped every bloody long-range shot so he also had to save the rebound.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Baron

I think it will be Scholes' last time. I get the impression that while he loves it, he'd like to go out on top on his own terms. I think Giggs has another year at least in him.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Has anything been said about them, in terms of how longs left?

Realistically, you'd want 2 world class signings in the summer, even if they dot retire, just to have them around and so scholesy can share his wisdom with the new guys.

If they retire this summer, it's going to be our most miserable summer in years.
Well, looking at eventually replacing Giggs, the recent Giggs, not the 17 year old, might Ozil not have been a good candidate last summer?

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
PIG was £#%&!ing rubbish at Scunny anyway. Only had so much to do because he dropped every bloody long-range shot so he also had to save the rebound.
He was wasn't he, absolute shite, like he'd smeared his gloves with lard. Most ridiculous MOM I've seen in ages.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Well, looking at eventually replacing Giggs, the recent Giggs, not the 17 year old, might Ozil not have been a good candidate last summer?
Do you think , and this is just a theory -

Ferguson was planning on moving for bale if spurs didn't get champions league football. Now he's waiting until the end of the season when city inevitably pip spurs to 4th, and will move in for Bale then.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Do you think , and this is just a theory -

Ferguson was planning on moving for bale if spurs didn't get champions league football. Now he's waiting until the end of the season when city inevitably pip spurs to 4th, and will move in for Bale then.
Erm, Bale'd cost a £#%&!ing fortune, I don't see us being able to finance a deal for him.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:28 PM
fix up look SHARPE

anyone know who was MOM v Scunthorpe?

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Erm, Bale'd cost a £#%&!ing fortune, I don't see us being able to finance a deal for him.
25m. Probably give them a player in exchange to bump it up.

Unread 07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
borsuk

fergie said there was only one player we were interested in last summer and that player already had a deal done.

bale would be a great buy, he's come on in leaps and bounds. cost an absolute fortune though, as anton said.

to replace scholes it has to be banega. made for us, absolutely made for us
Closed Thread