United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

he had a poor game, probably the worst of the bunch but nothing to wet your pants over

we got a draw and in the future we will get other players to supplement his dips, no biggie tbh - thats what you get with top top players, when they're on they're on and when they're not you get this

edit; forgot i'm talking to Sparky, moan away lad
Given he quite literally handed those £#%&!ing @#%&!s a goal out of nothing I'm struggling to see why the @#%&! doesn't deserve the full Sparky treatment. With pike.

Tiberian

Quote:
true, just think when he starts games badly he has a tendency to try and prove that it was just a blip by trying even more risque stuff i.e. that back heel in the 2nd half

plus i've noticed that whenever teams set up to pressure him from the go he gets irritated and gives away silly fouls, he did the same thing against Sunderland a few times early in the game, def needs to work on that part of it

but think it's fair to say we're gonna need a couple other options in central midfield next season, just incase Pogba has another one of these stinkers

Pogba has been pretty poor across the big games. He played like an excited puppy today, no composure or control.

Needs to show more maturity in his play when the level of the opposition improves.

AK14

Quote:

he had a poor game, probably the worst of the bunch but nothing to wet your pants over

we got a draw and in the future we will get other players to supplement his dips, no biggie tbh - thats what you get with top top players, when they're on they're on and when they're not you get this

edit; forgot i'm talking to Sparky, moan away lad
Nah, that was worse than anything Rooney at his worst has served up. He was utter £#%&!ing garbage and looked like he didn't even want to be there at times, his best period of the game was when he went into hiding for the last 15 minutes.

Cream

Carragher tutoring Redknapp and now fuming at Souness.

He's dead right.

Mr_Ed

Carragher and Souness arguing

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Tells you it wasn't a football game but more of a scrap.
Which is what the high press and the dippers game plan is. It's anti Tiki Taka, it aims to prevent a game by making it a scrappy mess of mistakes and fouls, as opposed to constant nullifying possession. It's £#%&!ing awful to watch.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
At least we did decent in the 2nd half vs City.

This time we were worse 2nd half, despite still carving out a couple of good chances, Martial shoulda equalised right after the break, different game.
Because we had no midfield when carrick came off. Effectively we made it into a kids playground game with a tennis ball. I hated Van Gaal's slow, methodical style, but this sloppy mess is just as annoying.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
Tells you it wasn't a football game but more of a scrap.
Yep, agree with that to a certain extent. Although not sure misplacing 5 yard passes under no pressure has anything to do with being in a scrap

Herrera was abysmal too.

Billy Redface

Quote:
yeah think today was a reminder that our midfield is still short, especially options from the bench - just £#%&!ing wish Basti wasn't a slow shit c***, he would come in handy for games like this
Yep.

Our flaws were exposed today.

- We don't have enough CM options
- we get overrun in midfied when we're pressed.
- We miss too many chances.
- Zlat and Mata are our only reliable finishers

ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
yeah think today was a reminder that our midfield is still short, especially options from the bench - just £#%&!ing wish Basti wasn't a slow shit c***, he would come in handy for games like this
TBF to Schweinsteiger unless he's lost his entire game he could do an occasional job in out midfield.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:15 PM
andyroo

Damian was quietly decent. Not Maldini or anything but there's a hint of a player there.

Valencia is still so frustrating. Had them on the rack loads but so little result. Though to be fair he was vital in the goal.

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Because we had no midfield when carrick came off. Effectively we made it into a kids playground game with a tennis ball. I hated Van Gaal's slow, methodical style, but this sloppy mess is just as annoying.
I agree.

Hoping now that Schneiderlins future has been resolved we bring in someone that Mourinho wants.

I trust him in the market. January or summer, doesnt matter. Pay whatever it takes for who you want. Still lots of garbage hanging around our club.

red in cumbria

Quote:
This draw is a worse result for us than them
They will be pissed off at not winning, we will be relieved at drawing. One of the few matches this season where we couldn't have complained about a worse result.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:16 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Damian was quietly decent. Not Maldini or anything but there's a hint of a player there.

Valencia is still so frustrating. Had them on the rack loads but so little result. Though to be fair he was vital in the goal.
Hope you aren't called edgy for rating Darmian.

Lads been class for most of his time under mou tbh.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
I agree.

Hoping now that Schneiderlins future has been resolved we bring in someone that Mourinho wants.

I trust him in the market. January or summer, doesnt matter. Pay whatever it takes for who you want. Still lots of garbage hanging around our club.
Can't wait for next season.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
TBF to Schweinsteiger unless he's lost his entire game he could do an occasional job in out midfield.
No, he does not deserve a chance. £#%&! him and his 200kp/w weight on the club. He is unusable, not fit enough, does not care enough, for all that Fellaini is a horror of player to watch you could never accuse him of cheating the club in terms of effort and application.

If Basti wanted to play he would be pushing for a move.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That's down to jose.

It's baffling as we've set up so well against Spurs, at Anfield and he's made cute little changes against Boro and West Ham that have turned it for us.

But he got it horribly wrong today and against City earlier in the season. Two big games to get it wrong.

I hope we can just kick on. Take the point, take the positives and move on. Hopefully we can pick it straight back up. Another good run and that could prove an important point.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Shambolic performance yet we missed 3 sitters and Liverpools goal came from a Pogba/Jones brainfart.

I thought the Rooney and Fellaini subs made us play worse. Would much rather have seen Rooney deeper and Pogba up front with Ibra...

Such a wasted opportunity but we absolutely must beat Stoke now considering ciddy got Spurs next and then some of the other teams around us play eachother in coming weeks.
You see why some of us were reluctant to join in with you saying we will beat Liverpool, like we only have to turn up for victory? We have been playing well, but we have some serious limitations, everywhere but in goal.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:19 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Which is what the high press and the dippers game plan is. It's anti Tiki Taka, it aims to prevent a game by making it a scrappy mess of mistakes and fouls, as opposed to constant nullifying possession. It's £#%&!ing awful to watch.
which is why we should have been more switched on and moved the ball a lot quicker by taking 1 or 2 touches at most, we played into their hands today, we were lucky to get the draw, yet had 2 one on ones in the first half and could have been out of sight,

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:19 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They will be pissed off at not winning, we will be relieved at drawing. One of the few matches this season where we couldn't have complained about a worse result.
Putting myself in their shoes I concede that id also be quite pissed off, United not fully at the races, liverpool gifted a penalty to set things up nicely for them. Big wasted opportunity for them.

Terrific for Chelsea who now look poised to seal the title if they win at Anfield, which they probably will.