United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:22 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
We're the only big club in the world that gets continuously shafted on transfers. It's embarrassing and boring now.
Who's embarrassed ffs? Bored? Just ignore all the shit speculation then if it's boring, easy.

If you want the best players (and Pogba), then you need to pay top dollar. People said Liverpool got shafted paying £75m for Van Dijk. Some questioned City paying what they did for that Chelsea reject De Bruyne. Maguire- some still think we got 'shafted', but the bloke's played every single minute in the league- we needed that kind of consistency in defence, and as a result, we've kept the most clean sheets in all competitions in Europe. Who gives a £#%&! if it's not in line with some gimp's valuation online?! Pay it.

If we want to be perceived as a top end club, and if we want to put to use all of these sponsorship deals we've signed up over the past few years, then act like it and pay what it takes to get the top young players in. Sancho is exactly that. Couldn't give a shit if he costs a bit more than 'market value'- whatever the £#%&! that is.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:22 PM
pedr0

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Myichateran (sp)
nah you nailed it mate.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:24 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
nah you nailed it mate.
Cheers, didn’t even look at the keyboard

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I don't think people realise how £#%&!ing good he is tbh, I've been very impressed every time I've seen him. He's got 17 goals and 16 assists in 25 starts in the league this season. He only turned 20 in March

Sancho, Rashford (22), Greenwood (18) and Martial (24) are very good options to have for years to come.

Get him in.
I would say that 90m, if true, is a fairly decent effort to do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Let’s get it done. Or not. Just stop the messing around. Look at how Chelsea handled their business.

I want Sancho but that kind of money in this market isn’t likely. Plus it will have a huge impact on other signing we could makeS As good as I hear he is, 120m can probably be spent better.
They’re haggling over the Havertz fee if the reports can be believed. Other clubs negotiate too, it’s just that we make for good copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Exactly this. It's not just about the individual's worth, here but an investment in the whole team - the club - which would set us up for years. We can then add another few AAA players into the mix over the next couple of seasons and project Ole will be complete.

Our very own fab four - 3 of which are English - should piss the Scousers off for years to come
If Rashford doesn’t sort his form out, he’s in danger of becoming Ringo.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If Rashford doesn’t sort his form out, he’s in danger of becoming Ringo.
£#%&!ing hell what is it, 10 days since he scored one and made one at Palace in a 2-0 win?

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell what is it, 10 days since he scored one and made one at Palace in a 2-0 win?
It was a joke mate.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
It was a joke mate.
Never can tell with you and your underlying hatred of Rashford tbf.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Never can tell with you and your underlying hatred of Rashford tbf.

Love him.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:

Love him.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Who's embarrassed ffs? Bored? Just ignore all the shit speculation then if it's boring, easy.

If you want the best players (and Pogba), then you need to pay top dollar. People said Liverpool got shafted paying £75m for Van Dijk. Some questioned City paying what they did for that Chelsea reject De Bruyne. Maguire- some still think we got 'shafted', but the bloke's played every single minute in the league- we needed that kind of consistency in defence, and as a result, we've kept the most clean sheets in all competitions in Europe. Who gives a £#%&! if it's not in line with some gimp's valuation online?! Pay it.

If we want to be perceived as a top end club, and if we want to put to use all of these sponsorship deals we've signed up over the past few years, then act like it and pay what it takes to get the top young players in. Sancho is exactly that. Couldn't give a shit if he costs a bit more than 'market value'- whatever the £#%&! that is.
This.

All this "he's not worth x".

You only know a players worth after they sign.

All we can do is aim big, aim to get to a level and sign players that reflect that.

As you say, VVD fee was laughed at, but not only has he proven to be brilliant, but he's elevated them, the players around him and has been absolutely critical in terms of them going from nearly men, to the best team in the country ( )

If he's our no 1 target, I want us to get him. Rather than save £#%&!ing £20m, which buys you £#%&! all and will only get lost down the back of the Glazers sofa anyway.

If the signing of Bruno has shown us anything, it's that we need quality over quantity. I'd rather we spent bigger, but took more windows to do it, but actually get what we want.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:50 PM
dunk

It’s not what he’s worth so much as how much of our budget it costs to get him.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:52 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Why do people keep saying “in this market” when we don’t actually have a clue what the market is like yet?
Well we know that many clubs have lost the means to earn revenue at the levels they did pre-covid and that the crazy days of Neymar type signing would be very difficult to sustain (and justify) right now.

We’ll see in the next window.

I do agree with those saying it’s not our money, it’s just a number, etc., but I would worry if we spend 120m plus on a player and don’t have anything left for other just as crucial signings

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
It’s not what he’s worth so much as how much of our budget it costs to get him.
I think it'll be all of it tbh. The last few summers have shown the glazers are willing to spend between £50-£100 NET.

If it is, then so be it.

I'd rather we got our first choice in one key area, than compromised options in 3 or 4 areas.

And selling with be equally important too. Free up some funds and get that wage bill down.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Well we know that many clubs have lost the means to earn revenue at the levels they did pre-covid and that the crazy days of Neymar type signing would be very difficult to sustain (and justify) right now.

We’ll see in the next window.

I do agree with those saying it’s not our money, it’s just a number, etc., but I would worry if we spend 120m plus on a player and don’t have anything left for other just as crucial signings
Yeah I get that, but what do you do- sign someone shit for less that wouldn't compete with Rashford/Martial/Greenwood? We'd have another Daniel James on our hands (maybe a bit harsh, but £#%&! it ). Go for and get the best out there.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

If the signing of Bruno has shown us anything, it's that we need quality over quantity. I'd rather we spent bigger, but took more windows to do it, but actually get what we want.
No matter how much you pay for someone, the fee only ever seems to come up again if they’re shit. People made fun of us because we supposedly paid more than Spurs were quoted for Bruno; now it’s:

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think it'll be all of it tbh. The last few summers have shown the glazers are willing to spend between £50-£100 NET.

If it is, then so be it.

I'd rather we got our first choice in one key area, than compromised options in 3 or 4 areas.

And selling with be equally important too. Free up some funds and get that wage bill down.
This.

Unread 27-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
No matter how much you pay for someone, the fee only ever seems to come up again if they’re shit. People made fun of us because we supposedly paid more than Spurs were quoted for Bruno; now it’s:

Exactly.

And never seems to cut both ways. Schweinstiger was perceived as a bargain, but did £#%&! all. So as it turns out, he was overpriced.

If they're good, who cares?

Tbh, I don't know much about Sancho, but I trust Ole. If he's our No 1 target, then I want us to get him.

Especially in that area. We have Lingard and James who can play there. Options is not an issue. Quality is. I don't want us to compromise.

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:00 PM
dunk

Ole apparently wants 4 or 5 players.. If this fella costs £120m that credit card is taking a £#%&!ing pasting

£#%&!s me off that Chelsea can seemingly just go out and attract who they want, nice and quietly, for decent fees even without CL football being guaranteed, whereas we seem to have to beg and pay over the odds for £#%&!ing everyone

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
Ole apparently wants 4 or 5 players.. If this fella costs £120m that credit card is taking a £#%&!ing pasting
Not happening is it

2 maybe 3 unless we sign a couple of unknowns for peanuts

But I’m not sure there are many ‘Unknown’s’ out there these days?

Still think we should look at a couple of freebies...

Unread 27-07-2020, 02:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not happening is it

2 maybe 3 unless we sign a couple of unknowns for peanuts

But I’m not sure there are many ‘Unknown’s’ out there these days?

Still think we should look at a couple of freebies...
No such thing as a freebie, really, you just have to give the fee to the player instead
Closed Thread