United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"It's a lovely blue sky out today, isn't it talksport."

"Blue? You don't honestly think it's blue, do you? Deary me, you'll believe anything you see with your own two eyes backed up with actual evidence won't you?"
Drip, drip, drip

Unread 15-03-2016, 03:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

"Blue? You don't honestly think it's blue, do you? Deary me, you'll believe anything you see with your own two eyes backed up with actual evidence won't you?"
throbs loathe to post anything now because he'll get called Talksport immediately

Unread 15-03-2016, 03:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
throbs loathe to post anything now because he'll get called Talksport immediately
I've noticed "parklife" is the new response to large posts....this could be just as big.

Was Talksport always like that btw....I don't remember it being as bad/obvious as it is now. The straight man to collymore ( is it beaky? ) is so cringe in his fake shouting/anger "NO STAN, IT'S GOT TO STOP !"

Unread 15-03-2016, 04:04 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Hitler would have made a brilliant manager.
Could never get a result in Moscow.

Unread 15-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Could never get a result in Moscow.
Fergie would've made a great Hickloh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm sure he's giving a wry smile to it all, he's a good Sport.

Unread 15-03-2016, 04:59 PM
BarryX

Quote:

Unread 15-03-2016, 05:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Back on the piss again I see
Throb? Yes, it would appear so

Unread 15-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

i don't even know what talksport means tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

what a lovely green and orange dress...

Unread 15-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It's a baffling and ridiculous point that people continue to make in regards to Giggs becoming manager. Nobody seems to mention the world-class team that Guardiola inherited with 3 of the best players in the world and probably football history at core of it.

The fact that Guardiola's greatest managerial achievement has already been equaled by his first full-time replacement in Luis Enrique should give you an idea of exactly how hard it was taking over modern day Barcelona.

Still, £#%&! it. Give the job to Giggs, why not, eh? What could possibly go wrong? It's bound to work because you know, Guardiola and that. Because that's exactly how football works. Just get a manager who used to play for your team and that's it, job's a good 'un. I'm sure a man who got Middlesbrough relegated with Ravanelli and Juninho up front knows exactly what it takes to be a successful football manager.
Using guardiola as an example doesn't work in Giggs' favour anyway. He collapsed under the pressure and £#%&!ed off 3 years into the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's pretty obvious that there is no magic wand...

If the main candidate is mourinho then he's just failed spectacularly at chelsea. the only argument is whether him winning the league last season is enough for you to ignore the mess he's left behind 6 months later...
I'd say what he did during the previous 14 years or so should also come into it.

Quote:
as I say, it's nonsense to say you know giggs would fail, especially when the guy you say you know will succeed has just failed so spectacularly.

mentoring giggs and working towards a dream of the cco92 running United for the next generation is absolutely the right idea.

saying you shouldn't cus it might not work is short-sighted, weasly, weak-minded and pathetic. and if it's none of those then it is just incredibly bitter.
You talk some shit. Do you think people are stupid enough to be influenced by such linguistic bullshit?

Just about everyone connected to United making an argument for Giggs are doing so with self interest in mind. I don't think Fergie gives a flying £#%&! whether he's successful or the best man for the Job. And I'm certain if Fergie owned the club he wouldn't have Giggs near the job. Same goes for Robson or Gill. If it was your money, I'm sure you'd happily employ a novice manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I think Giggs has the managerial personality. Anyone who can bang his brothers missus wouldn't think twice about dropping anyone or showing any loyalty to players if they were having a Rooney.
Not exactly key skills for a manager.

Inspiring people. People skills. Dropping a player but still keeping him onside.

Ask Roy Keane if Giggs would likely make a good manager. Probably the only one who'd answer honestly.

Unread 15-03-2016, 06:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Lack of experience didn't affect the likes of Pep, or Van Gaal and Sacchi. A year in the Barca B team is no real preparation for the top job at Camp Nou and the latter two didn't even play at the highest level, let alone work their way up in management.

But those guys are geniuses, with the personality and ideas to influence the game in a way that is very rare. Giggs can work if he has similar brilliance as a football man. If the club think he has what it takes, then lack of experience shouldn't matter too much.

I'm fearful, though. He's never been a leader and listening to him talk he doesn't strike as someone with something special. Also, when you see Butt's U19s get embarrassed by their peers in the Euro Youth Lge and the Nevilles #@&%!ing up Valencia, you become even more wary of the sense of obligation to allow these types of figures the responsibility of continuing a huge rebuild at an important moment.

Unread 15-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Lack of experience didn't affect the likes of Pep, or Van Gaal and Sacchi. A year in the Barca B team is no real preparation for the top job at Camp Nou and the latter two didn't even play at the highest level, let alone work their way up in management.

But those guys are geniuses, with the personality and ideas to influence the game in a way that is very rare. Giggs can work if he has similar brilliance as a football man. If the club think he has what it takes, then lack of experience shouldn't matter too much.

I'm fearful, though. He's never been a leader and listening to him talk he doesn't strike as someone with something special. Also, when you see Butt's U19s get embarrassed by their peers in the Euro Youth Lge and the Nevilles #@&%!ing up Valencia, you become even more wary of the sense of obligation to allow these types of figures the responsibility of continuing a huge rebuild at an important moment.
But Tumescent Talksport says the class of 92 should all be given prominent jobs at United because, you know...well he didn't say why, he never does. Just because.

Unread 15-03-2016, 07:38 PM
red in cumbria

Now we have Dwight Yorke sticking his oar in and saying "it has to be Giggsy". Because he is young, and Laurent Blanc. Apparently

Unread 15-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Playing is irrelevant. Look at Jose ffs.

Managing on the other hand would appear to be E£#%&!INGSSENTIAL.

Pep did very well as a humble B Team manager - sorry his success in the role means nada to you. Mourinho did amazing things with Porto.

Giggs has done less than Gary Neville - who is not currently being considered for the United job, but has a more forceful personality, and also knows the club inside out.

The only thing supporting Giggs candidacy is momentum. Not good enough.

Unread 15-03-2016, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Playing is irrelevant. Look at Jose ffs.

Managing on the other hand would appear to be E£#%&!INGSSENTIAL.

Pep did very well as a humble B Team manager - sorry his success in the role means nada to you. Mourinho did amazing things with Porto.

Giggs has done less than Gary Neville - who is not currently being considered for the United job, but has a more forceful personality, and also knows the club inside out.

The only thing supporting Giggs candidacy is momentum. Not good enough.
Thought they were up to no good, tbh.

Unread 15-03-2016, 08:53 PM
ziggyman17

Giggs is Van Gaals assistant and heir apparent, talked up by every £#%&!er connected to the club as the right man for the job, yet how come the team is shite, barely able to get 2 shots on target in a game, why does our number 2 sit there, like he is sniffing his own farts, yet he is going to take over in the summer and make the team great.. Van Gaal bigged him up as his replacement, so surely he has imput into the team set up and tactics... As bad as Moyes and Van Gaal have been, Giggs will be a lot worse..

Unread 15-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Pop

Yorke at it now....
Quote:
'I want to say this categorically. Giggs has been under the main man now for three years and you look at how football is changing. In Spain's top three all the managers are young ex-players. You have Pep (Guardiola) who is coming over, a young manager at 45. There's Pochettino at Spurs and Zinedine Zidane and Luis Enrique in Spain and Antonio Conte in Italy and Gary Neville is being given a chance,' explained Yorke.

'For Manchester United now there is no candidate out there. You have to accept that Jose Mourinho has been a great manager but if there is a change of manager at Manchester United and van Gaal goes then it will be Ryan Giggs. If they don't either this season or next season then Giggs won't be around anymore because he has served his time,' added Yorke.
'If he can't make the step up after three years after seeing all he has seen then when? After ten? There is only one candidate. There is no question in my mind who should get the job.'

Unread 15-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Venceremos

Insane

Unread 15-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
You talk some shit. Do you think people are stupid enough to be influenced by such linguistic bullshit?

Just about everyone connected to United making an argument for Giggs are doing so with self interest in mind. I don't think Fergie gives a flying £#%&! whether he's successful or the best man for the Job. And I'm certain if Fergie owned the club he wouldn't have Giggs near the job. Same goes for Robson or Gill. If it was your money, I'm sure you'd happily employ a novice manager.
no idea what you're waffling on about tbh. sounds as if you post on here to try and influence people

the bit about fergie not caring if the next manager is successful or not is ridiculous, obviously.

Quote:

I'm fearful, though. He's never been a leader and listening to him talk he doesn't strike as someone with something special. Also, when you see Butt's U19s get embarrassed by their peers in the Euro Youth Lge and the Nevilles c**king up Valencia, you become even more wary of the sense of obligation to allow these types of figures the responsibility of continuing a huge rebuild at an important moment.
butt has been in the job how long? he talks complete sense and a bit of straight-talking manc attitude instilled into united is not to be sniffed at...

the reality here is that no-one currently dismissing giggs knows whether he's got what it takes or not. he's been involved with the united first team staff for 2 years now, and has spent much of that time getting expert mentoring in the nuances of positional play and tactical variation off van gaal...

we could always have better players and we could always have better organisation - there's no such thing as the perfect team or the perfect game. but the things we seem to really lack, which most would agree on, is heart, soul and balls.

Unread 15-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
no idea what you're waffling on about tbh. sounds as if you post on here to try and influence people

the bit about fergie not caring if the next manager is successful or not is ridiculous, obviously.

butt has been in the job how long? he talks complete sense and a bit of straight-talking manc attitude instilled into united is not to be sniffed at...

the reality here is that no-one currently dismissing giggs knows whether he's got what it takes or not. he's been involved with the united first team staff for 2 years now, and has spent much of that time getting expert mentoring in the nuances of positional play and tactical variation off van gaal...

we could always have better players and we could always have better organisation - there's no such thing as the perfect team or the perfect game. but the things we seem to really lack, which most would agree on, is heart, soul and balls.
No-one currently championing Giggs knows whether he's got what it takes or not. That's the point.

It's way too risky a move to be giving this absolute Phelan one of the biggest jobs in football at such a crucial juncture.

Fergie and Charlton don't LIKE Mourinho - that is all. £#%&!ing egos. They want to be seen as kingmakers who get it right. They failed with Moyes and are going to look £#%&!ing stupid if Mourinho comes in and wins the league.

Unread 15-03-2016, 11:05 PM
BarryX

Quote:
he's been involved with the united first team staff for 2 years now, and has spent much of that time getting expert mentoring in the nuances of positional play and tactical variation off van gaal...
TBH that's not gone particularly well for him, has it? He's had all the goodness coached out of him by a mentor that's past his sell by date
Closed Thread