United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Just watched it. Playing your silent face on the outro hit me right in the £#%&!ing feels. What a show, what a time. Nowt better than going to school on the Monday and trying to imitate Weah, Batigol or Baggio in the playground.

Makes football these days look shallow tbh. 90s was the perfect marriage of the culture, stardom and icons of football, culminating with '99. Ripip
Speaking with a couple of mates earlier today; specifically about how 1994-2000 was a great era for international football, with some great tournaments that haven't really been matched since. France '98 and Euro 2000, in particular, stand out. However, now you mention it, it was probably the peak (in my life, anyway) for club football, too.

So many characters back then, and it was the magic of the unknown that made things so special. Italian football was something unique from a faraway place that you felt privileged being able to see. The clubs, the players, the stadiums, the crowds, it was all incredible.

In the modern age it's information overload, and you know every tidbit of information about every club and player anywhere in the world, and can access it at any time. It's all the same old shit, and that is how some of the magic of that time has been lost IMO. Loved growing up in the 90s, and Football Italia was a key reason for that.

Unread 03-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Swagger

Remember opal fruits?

Unread 03-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

I always thought it was insanely boring. But I was more interested in being outside playing the game at 10 rather than sat in front of the tv like all you fat @#%&!s.

Unread 03-04-2018, 05:49 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I always thought it was insanely boring. But I was more interested in being outside playing the game at 10 rather than sat in front of the tv like all you fat @#%&!s.
And look where that got you......,

Unread 03-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
And look where that got you......,
Trials with United and arsenal?

No.

No it didn't.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:40 PM
ziggyman17

Quote: