United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:29 PM
ziggyman17

Default Jose's signings

He is only been here a year and already he has changed the spine of the team..

Bailly, Lindelof, Pogba, Lukaku and and a new midfielder to follow, all these players 24yrs old and under and yet posters still say he never gives young players a chance......... I can see us running away with the league next year.

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:36 PM
The Stella Fella

It's nice to see some balls in the team - team has become far to soft over last few years.

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Billy Redface

Lindelof 22
Bailly 22
Pogba 24
Lukaku 24

Spine.

Hates youth though.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:10 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
He is only been here a year and already he has changed the spine of the team..

Bailly, Lindelof, Pogba, Lukaku and and a new midfielder to follow, all these players 24yrs old and under and yet posters still say he never gives young players a chance......... I can see us running away with the league next year.
It's youth team players he's not great at developing and trusting

He's bought plenty of young players over the years

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Crumps

Think he's planning on sticking about otherwise we would have bought a fair few players hitting their prime. He's buying top quality young players and José ain't the guy to be buyin players that will benefit the next manager.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It's youth team players he's not great at developing and trusting

He's bought plenty of young players over the years
All eyes on TFM, Tuanzebe, Lingard and Rashford then. all of whom he seems to rate.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:27 AM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
All eyes on TFM, Tuanzebe, Lingard and Rashford then. all of whom he seems to rate.
plenty of youth there along with talent to be first teamers , home grown (pogba) too. lukaku is the old man up top.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:29 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
plenty of youth there along with talent to be first teamers , home grown (pogba) too. lukaku is the old man up top.

Unread 09-07-2017, 01:19 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
Pogba doesn't count as home grown. Wasn't here long enough was he?

Unread 09-07-2017, 02:25 AM
Chris Quayd

No matter how he leaves us the squad will be stronger than at any point in the last 3 years, won't be anywhere near as hard a job as he inherited.

Unread 09-07-2017, 03:18 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Pogba doesn't count as home grown. Wasn't here long enough was he?
The PL count him as home grown in their squad list. I think they may work off seasons rather than calendar years which is how he qualified.

Unread 09-07-2017, 03:37 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
The PL count him as home grown in their squad list. I think they may work off seasons rather than calendar years which is how he qualified.
36 continuous months before your 21st it is. Lukaku is but Pogba isn't? God knows I'll have a look when I can be arsed.

Unread 09-07-2017, 10:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Andreas Pereira going on tour Joel Pereira just signed a new deal...

Unread 09-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Andreas Pereira going on tour Joel Pereira just signed a new deal...
He does seems to speak highly of Joel Pereira.

Didn't know about Andreas. Nice one

Another attacker and a central midfielder, if not this summer then possibly January, and the squad is talking shape nicely.

Unread 09-07-2017, 10:47 AM
dunk

Need someone for the right up top, for me, and a proper midfielder to add to the pool. Pereira should stay as an option...

Carrick
Fabinho/Bakayoko/Matic()/Dier
Fellaini
Herrera
Pogba
Pereira
Mkhitaryan

Would look a good mix of options and provide ample cover, with TFM and Tuanzebe that could play there in an emergency.

Do need to offload a few though..

Unread 09-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Need someone for the right up top, for me, and a proper midfielder to add to the pool. Pereira should stay as an option...

Carrick
Fabinho/Bakayoko/Matic()/Dier
Fellaini
Herrera
Pogba
Pereira
Mkhitaryan

Would look a good mix of options and provide ample cover, with TFM and Tuanzebe that could play there in an emergency.

Do need to offload a few though..
Someone to play on the right or someone to play 'right at the top' ?

Unread 09-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Crumps

Greizman for the right Jan/next summer. Will be between Rashford/Maat/MickyT until then I reckon.

Unread 09-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Sandman

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like James Rodriguez come in, can see Mourinho wanting a real number 10, and he's one of the few available. Still only 25 as well.

Unread 09-07-2017, 11:05 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
36 continuous months before your 21st it is. Lukaku is but Pogba isn't? God knows I'll have a look when I can be arsed.
Pogba definitely home grown according to this. I was trying to work out before how he meets it but frankly if it's good enough for the PL then I can't be arsed.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

Unread 09-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Red Al

The team looks strong and powerful for the first time in years.

Lukaku
Poggers
Bailey
Lindeolf
Tone
Rojo

And having the likes of Fellaini(yes I know)will prevent us from being bullied in games like Stoke away

Plus with the slick CL types like mata,ander,Miki the team is now looking near complete.

2-3 signings away now
Closed Thread