United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:32 AM
redhegemony

Got the kids FC Pakhtakor wasn't even the home kit, cheapest made thing i've ever seen...

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
JakeB

Worst football shorts I've ever owned

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:40 AM
carlosartorial

We had no money when I was young and being clueless about football, my mum got me a crappy, generic polyester football top for PE at school...it was red with long white sleeves....no bages on it but it was a snide arsenal top to all intents and purposes. Coupled with a pair of white Bukta shorts, from a distance it looked like an Arsenal kit. I remember asking for and receiving a pair of red football socks so the look was complete....and being ecstatically happy at the time.

I wasn't an Arsenal fan at all, I just wanted a football kit and that was the best they could afford.

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
We had no money when I was young and being clueless about football, my mum got me a crappy, generic polyester football top for PE at school...it was red with long white sleeves....no bages on it but it was a snide arsenal top to all intents and purposes. Coupled with a pair of white Bukta shorts, from a distance it looked like an Arsenal kit. I remember asking for and receiving a pair of red football socks so the look was complete....and being ecstatically happy at the time.

I wasn't an Arsenal fan at all, I just wanted a football kit and that was the best they could afford at the time.

gypos.

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Worst football shorts I've ever owned

I had these while at University. Wore them to one of my finals

had no lining inside. shocking

back to shirts though, big coincidence saw a bloke today wearing a top a bit like the one below. it had a zip on the v-neck. Don't remember such an abomination. also I think the Sharp colouring was blue? Did they exist or was it snide?

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM
elhombre

Quote:

I wasn't an Arsenal fan at all, I just wanted a football kit and that was the best they could afford.

awww

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I had these while at University. Wore them to one of my finals

had no lining inside. shocking

£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
£#%&!ing hell.

I know.

I only wore them for football, but got it into my head that I should wear them for an exam. Thought I would feel more, ahem, relaxed.

Unread 10-05-2012, 09:55 AM
elhombre

Quote:
I know.

I only wore them for football, but got it into my head that I should wear them for an exam. Thought I would feel more, ahem, relaxed.
did you go with a sweatshop sweater and hi-tec silver shadows to finish the look off?

i have to admit, i did wear some dicey stuff at uni myself.... but that is proper 1980s student stylee.

Unread 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
did you go with a sweatshop sweater and hi-tec silver shadows to finish the look off?

i have to admit, i did wear some dicey stuff at uni myself.... but that is proper 1980s student stylee.
1994. Even worse.

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
elhombre

Quote:
1994. Even worse.

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
a couple of years ago a celtic supporting mate of mine who is quite obsessive about replica shirts said he had a united one in his collection that he would give me. It was this one. Cheers pol....

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT MATE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK ONLINE AT WHAT PRICE YOU CAN GET FOR IT ...£200 + EASY....noticed the caps lock late sorry, not re typing though.

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:34 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:

When i first got into football I just loved it, everything about it and i loved kits, i had these kits that i remember off hand and i was mad on Van Basten, remember playing on the estate where we first lived in Salford and i had the West Ham kit on but lads there use to have all sorts on, normally foreign teams we had never heard of as kids tbf but everyone supported united, just young kids that loved football

Always seemed to get given Celtic shirts too by all the older paddy kids from my mums side, I use to say they were my second team

first ever United kit I had

Personal favourites, still got the Holland one with Van basten on the back

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM
JakeB

Forgot about GK kits. These two were pretty epic..

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
first kit i got, shorts and socks with it too

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:

I had the 88/ 89 plain green Jim Leighton special, still got it too, it use to come down to my knees and when i found it the other day it looked like it wouldn't fit a doll Midget boy.

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Is it £#%&!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

terrible kit
we've never had a black kit that was anything other than excellent imo
they all go into the top of the list for good kits

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
first kit i got, shorts and socks with it too
Ditto

Remember getting this tracksuit top around the same time:

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Midnight Mafia

Had this kit aged 16. On sale in JJB so snapped it up.

Closed Thread