Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Anyway according to SAF midfield is not a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
rofl
He's not far off tbf, all three have players who would get a healthy number of starts if they played for us.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Different player to Park, does a completely different job. How would Krancjar have done when given the role of keeping Pirlo quiet against Milan?

And it's unfair to compare an experienced international to Obertan. He's obviously got raw talent that will come through. He's had about 8 games or something, bit harsh to be judging him already.

Gibson, jury's out but he's still young.
I agree with Ginners here. Time was when we didnt really care about keeping a player quiet because ours were so good that we would score 4 anyway. We have plenty of players who can "keep somebody quiet", just not enough to unlock a defence with a pass or scare the shit out of opposition defenders when they come on with 20 minutes to go.

Ginners

Quote:
Is the general feeling then, if we sign Benzema and Silva everyone's happy?
id be £#%&!ing delighted tbh

cant see it happening though

red red robbo

Quote:
Is the general feeling then, if we sign Benzema and Silva everyone's happy?
I don't think anyone will be complaining. But it won't happen.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Appletango

Quote:
rofl
Well it seems people on here are hoping we sign midfielders from said sides, Milner, Rodwell, Modric etc.

Young
Milner
Petrov
Downing
Delph
Sidwell

Arteta
Cahill
Fellaini
Bilydiledinov (sp?)
Osman
Rodwell
Pionaaer
Heitinga (Who can also play in defence)
Gosling

Modric
Palacios
Jenas
Huddlestone
Bentley
Lennon
Krancjaer

I'd say our midfield is of similar standard to them 3 imo. Feel free to explain why your opinion differs.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:36 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's not far off tbf, all three have players who would get a healthy number of starts if they played for us.
palacios and fellaini are nowhere near fletcher's standard
none of their wingers are a patch on valencia and nani
anderson and hargreaves have not played and scholes and giggs are getting on - that is the one position where arteta or modric would have a shout. but i'd still go with a rested giggs over either. still, that is the position we need to strengthen in the summer, clearly.

spurs, villa and everton ffs

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
anderson and hargreaves have not played and scholes and giggs are getting on - that is the one position where arteta or modric would have a shout. but i'd still go with a rested giggs over either. still, that is the position we need to strengthen in the summer, clearly.

Thats all im saying, that Modric, Arteta, Rodwell, Young and Milner would get games for us. Even Pienaar would be a decent squad player.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Sparky***

I don't really know what people expect fergie to say. he's hardly going to come out and start slating our players saying they're not good enough ffs.

He knows what needs strengthening and he knows berbatov hasn't worked. Whether he'll have the money is another thing.

all this talk, even in rumour, of spending £20 odd million on james milner is quite frankly terrifying.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:42 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Thats all im saying, that Modric, Arteta, Rodwell, Young and Milner would get games for us. Even Pienaar would be a decent squad player.
i agree, but that's a very different thing to say than that midfield is probably worse than teams like Villa, Everton and Spurs tbh honest, which is just daft imo. we piss all over whatever midfield they put out every time we play them, the odd game excepted.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't really know what people expect fergie to say. he's hardly going to come out and start slating our players saying they're not good enough ffs.

He knows what needs strengthening and he knows berbatov hasn't worked. Whether he'll have the money is another thing.

all this talk, even in rumour, of spending £20 odd million on james milner is quite frankly terrifying.

Agreed, as said at the weekend, on our budget, we should be getting Joe Cole for free, and offering £10m plus Carrick for Modric. Reckon that would do us, we're not actually that far off.

Switching Off

Quote:
i agree, but that's a very different thing to say than that midfield is probably worse than teams like Villa, Everton and Spurs tbh honest, which is just daft imo. we piss all over whatever midfield they put out every time we play them, the odd game excepted.
Agreed

marlo

Quote:
ashley is 5 times the player valencia is.

its almost unbelievable how highly johnny average is on here.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Terrifying but would you be suprised?

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Ginners

Quote:

Agreed, as said at the weekend, on our budget, we should be getting Joe Cole for free, and offering £10m plus Carrick for Modric. Reckon that would do us, we're not actually that far off.
£10m + carrick for modric ffs

it looks like cole is going to spurs, whether or not that means modric is on his way out i dont know.

but he would cost £25m upwards.

i doubt we would get more than £10m for carrick if we sold him

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:47 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Anyway according to SAF midfield is not a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
ashley is 5 times the player valencia is.

its almost unbelievable how highly johnny average is on here.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Appletango

Quote:

Firstly, I would say Flecther is the better defensive midfielder out of the 4 teams but he's not miles better than the likes of Petrov, Palacious and Fellaini.

As for wingers, get real. Everyone has slagged Nani off for 3 years, he is playing well now though. Did you say Valencia was miles better than Ashley Young, Milner and Arteta, who although play in the centre now, as more than capable on the wings or even Aaron Lennon. I'm a big fan of Valencia but he's no better than the players mentioned imo. As for the left Pionaar or Young or Modric, Nani miles better than them?

As for the attacking midfielder, as good as Giggs and Scholes have been, they are both pretty much past it tbh, Arteta has only played about 5 games and has probably scored/setup more goals than the two of them. It's time to let go of them, especially Scholes.

Lennon/Valencia/Downing/Osman - Usually on the right of each side.

Palacious/Jenas/Huddlestone
Milner/Petrov/Delph
Fellaini/Cahill/Arteta/Rodwell/Heitinga
Fletcher/Scholes/Giggs/Gibson/Anderson

Usually options for the centre of midfield.

Young/Modric or Kranjaer/Nani or Pionaar - Usually left.

Nothing much in them.

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
£10m + carrick for modric ffs

it looks like cole is going to spurs, whether or not that means modric is on his way out i dont know.

but he would cost £25m upwards.

i doubt we would get more than £10m for carrick if we sold him
If Joe Cole goes to Spurs when there's a chance United are after him, he'd be the biggest idiot in the history of the earth. Imagine getting the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in europe under the greatest manager in history, and turning it down to go and play for a twitchy, corrupt, shit at producing intelligent offspring moron like Redknapp at Spurs.

Withers

Ashley( Just in case you didn't know, I know him) has been dog shit this year.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Ashley( Just in case you didn't know, I know him) has been dog shit this year.
Kept out of the side by Stewart Downing.

Unread 14-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
I felt my heart sagging as I read that. Genuinely. That would be my first port of call if there was any funding available.
So did I. Then I read further down and saw his comments about Gibson and felt almost has low as last Wednesday night. What he fails to mention is Scholes was a master at what he did, getting into the box late. Gibson shoots everytime he gets the ball and 1 in 20 hit the target. If he is really comparing Scholes to Gibson we have serious problems
Closed Thread