United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
What you make of Nelson Oliveira Saffers?
Dont think ive ever seen him play until tonight, if I did I dont remember him.

He's supposed to be a decent striking prospect tho, surely worth starting him over the pointless Postiga who's been stinking it up for about 10 years now.

Ozil was just lacing that game with class even though he wasn't anywhere near his best in a big game as per usual

I got abuse for calling him a midfield version of Berbatov on here recently. Makes you wonder what he could do if he stopped smoking, eating junk food and really dedicated himself to the game. He's pure talent.

Unread 09-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Coentrao is superb when he plays like he did tonight, surely with a little bit of faith he will usurp that clown Marcelo at Madrid.

He was impressive going forward but defensively he was poor, he kept standing off Muller

Unread 09-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Part 36 Offer

Hummels superb. Very poor game though. Portugal deserved something tbf. Jesus their strikers are £#%&!ing £#%&!.

Oliveira could be a player but he's only a kid.

Unread 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Hummels superb. Very poor game though. Portugal deserved something tbf. Jesus their strikers are £#%&!ing £#%&!.

Oliveira could be a player but he's only a kid.
yep, he showed some nice touches when he came on.

no surprise parters spotted that, tbh

Unread 09-06-2012, 11:51 PM
TheKitchenSink

Have Portugal really got nobody better than Postiga? He's tragic

Unread 10-06-2012, 12:56 AM
MJ Ramone

How did Ronaldo play?? - I'm still boycotting Football after the Sunday afternoon that shall never be mentioned again [SIZE="1"]tm

Unread 10-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
How did Ronaldo play?? - I'm still boycotting Football after the Sunday afternoon that shall never be mentioned again [SIZE="1"]tm
Huffed and puffed, had a few rubbish shots from miles out - had a decent one near the end. Set up a couple of good opportunities for nani and someone else.

6/10 performance tbh. looked pissed off when he stomped off the pitch at the end.

Unread 10-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Bringing on reem's German cousin
Okay just checked.

Bender. :shakehead:

Unread 10-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Stickman

That header was absolutely class.

Unread 10-06-2012, 08:04 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Kummels is £#%&!ing immense, we missed out there tbh.

Will probably be rated as the best ball playing centre back around very shortly, is 4 or 5 yeas younger than Thiago Silva but fast approaching his level.

Coentrao is superb when he plays like he did tonight, surely with a little bit of faith he will usurp that clown Marcelo at Madrid.
we didn't miss out, he didn't want to leave dortmund. it's not like he left and went somewhere else.

Unread 10-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That header was absolutely class.
Text book header.

Unread 10-06-2012, 09:31 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Text book header.
only ever seen him play like andy camel, but that header was straight out of. the earlier one, though not a real goal threat, was text book too.

Andy camel he ain't, whereas Andy is pure camel.

THAT GIF WITH THE HORSE AND THE FITNESS BALL.

Unread 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Huffed and puffed, had a few rubbish shots from miles out - had a decent one near the end. Set up a couple of good opportunities for nani and someone else.

6/10 performance tbh. looked pissed off when he stomped off the pitch at the end.
I got a text off somebody after the game & he gave it the old 'Ronaldo didn't turn up in a 'big game' again nonsense

I'll probably break my Football boycott today tbh, just seen that Spain v Italy is on. Can't really ignore it forever..

Unread 10-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Germany not that impressive, one chance in the game really. Portugal much more impressive when they started to chase in the game and should have secured a draw.

I do like Nani in that central role, such good feet in tight areas. Compare him to Rooney playing in that role who often struggles with his technique under pressure. Rooney has better decision making.
Rooney needs to be a wall for the pacy tricksters to bounce off instead of trying to be a playmaker. Playing like this he will be effective in the build up rather than the end of move he far too often is, and still score a bag full of goals following up from the edge of the box.

who was that £#%&!er at the end for portugal who hit the keeper when a simple sidestep to his left would have left him with an empty net to pick his spot? I was minded of Roy keane against Galatasaray all them years ago - doing exactly what I used to do

Unread 10-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

who was that £#%&!er at the end for portugal who hit the keeper when a simple sidestep to his left would have left him with an empty net to pick his spot? I was minded of Roy keane against Galatasaray all them years ago - doing exactly what I used to do
Takes an absolute PLAYER to put those away. In fact id have backed Nani in that situation over anyone else on the park, he seems to have that finesse in tight spaces.

Unread 10-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Takes an absolute PLAYER to put those away. In fact id have backed Nani in that situation over anyone else on the park, he seems to have that finesse in tight spaces.
dya reckon?

looked a £#%&!ing sitter to me - keeper was totally committed to the dive so just sidestep the £#%&!er and its an open net intit

Unread 10-06-2012, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
dya reckon?

looked a £#%&!ing sitter to me - keeper was totally committed to the dive so just sidestep the £#%&!er and its an open net intit
Or lift it. Anything other than playing it into the path of the keepers dive.
Closed Thread