United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So it’ll be for the share percentage of what the glazers own and the rest will stay where it is?

The debt is a worry, no?

Very good

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
It’s marketing garbage. They’re just not dumb enough to replace ‘fan’ with ‘customer’.

And if anyone thinks by ‘fan’ they mean the middle aged blokes who frequent here and who live within fifteen miles of Old Trafford, they’re deluding themselves.
Exactly. Just sounds far too much like sanitised PR speak from 'a man of the people'. Transparent to say the least, what's less transparent so far is his plans to pay back the borrowed money (and why he's borrowing it in the first place if it's not coming from United).

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:53 PM
Ethers

What exactly are you expecting from a one paragraph offer statement?!

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:57 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
So, an extension of the current set-up with more noses in the trough and a plethora of Wall Street leeches to satisfy. Debt remains, but hidden under a paragraph of grandiose throwaway sound bites of ‘making United great again’. An idea that might last as long as Jim’s ticker holds out, but will be gone soon after that.
Yep. Amazing how easy people have fallen for the PR. Might as well just send out a release saying "We get you."

ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
The idea that he's some hardcore red who won't use the club to pay back the money he's borrowed sounds like fanciful nonsense.

Some people are lauding him without knowing anything about him if we're honest.
Worth reminding again - he bought Nice and put his brother in as CEO. You can imagine how that worked out.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:07 PM
tatty

I understand why some are latching on to Ratcliffe but the Ineos bid statement isn’t even trying to hide the reality.

It’s just the Glazer’s with better PR.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:11 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I understand why some are latching on to Ratcliffe but the Ineos bid statement isn’t even trying to hide the reality.

It’s just the Glazer’s with better PR.
It's baffling, he's a bluffing @#%&! that's going to keep us in debt

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:13 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What exactly are you expecting from a one paragraph offer statement?!
I dunno. Maybe not a copy and paste from a bid for a rival club.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:15 PM
Ethers

So just to get this right, some bloke from Qatar who’s never been to Old Trafford is definitely to be believed with what he says in a one paragraph offer statement, but the guy from Oldham talking about realistic aims is just PR nonsense.

Okay……

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:16 PM
dunk

I don't believe any of them, personally. All shysters and bad bastards imo.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:16 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Which part is copy and pasted?

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
So just to get this right, some bloke from Qatar who’s never been to Old Trafford is definitely to be believed with what he says in a one paragraph offer statement, but the guy from Oldham talking about realistic aims is just PR nonsense.

Okay……
It's utter madness, chatting like they've read the bid.....

The hoops these Qatar heads are willing to jump through....

BarryX

Quote:

Okay……
TBF how do you know he's never been to Old Trafford? It's not like he couldn't afford it. He could've been (and claims to be) a lifelong fan, who's biggest dream is close to coming to fruition. He could even lurk on here. Billpig...???

Jethro

Quote:
Which part is copy and pasted?
£#%&! me go for a walk or something. I didn't mean literally.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:19 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Behind every fortune is a crime, and all that.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:19 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Correct. None of these vile @#%&!s should be allowed anywhere near the game, but with the filth running the sport, and politicians allowing it all to go ahead as long as their snouts get near the trough, the best we can hope for is someone taking the debt off our back.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
TBF how do you know he's never been to Old Trafford? It's not like he couldn't afford it. He could've been (and claims to be) a lifelong fan, who's biggest dream is close to coming to fruition.

Sure he is

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's utter madness, chatting like they've read the bid.....

The hoops these Qatar heads are willing to jump through....
Very weird. None of us have any idea of the details of either bid. Both statements are just carefully worded PR releases, you’d be crazy to read too much into either of them.

But evidently all the financial experts on here have popped out of the woodwork again

Quote:
£#%&! me go for a walk or something. I didn't mean literally.
Go for a walk or something

Fair play for admitting you were chatting shit.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Very weird. None of us have any idea of the details of either bid. Both statements are just carefully worded PR releases, you’d be crazy to read too much into either of them.

But evidently all the financial experts on here have popped out of the woodwork again

Go for a walk or something

Fair play for admitting you were chatting shit.
‘Majority’ is the single word that bothers me.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Big Jim has been to old Trafford more times than most of the Qatar cheerleaders on here....
Closed Thread