Thumbs up

I need a poo.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
carling Cup holders
True.

It was a final to remember as well. Great game.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:32 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I still have a massive #@&%!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
my 9 inches reassures me every night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Link?

twot

Rar rar rar

We are all DE-LIGHT-ED!

We've won the European

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:33 PM
MJ Ramone

...actually, speaking of Finals. We've only scored 1 goal in our last 4 Cup Finals (not including the World Club one)

0-0 FA Cup 05
0-1 FA Cup 07
1-1 European Cup 08
0-0 Carling Cup 09

Just thought I'd throw that little one in there in order to wallow in a piece of relatively unrelated doom

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:44 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
...actually, speaking of Finals. We've only scored 1 goal in our last 4 Cup Finals (not including the World Club one)

0-0 FA Cup 05
0-1 FA Cup 07
1-1 European Cup 08
0-0 Carling Cup 09

Just thought I'd throw that little one in there in order to wallow in a piece of relatively unrelated doom
FFS SAKE YOU DICK HEAD!!!!!

THERES 27 OTHER THREADS FOR THIS.

You just can't help yourself can you?

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Fellow forumistas. Today we celebrate our Indepenence Day. Yes, this is our quasi-traditional Newcastle/Southampton Double Bill. Let the plebs have their giddiness. I'll bttt this at the end of the season when we are celebrating another remarkable season.
In the meantime -this will bring a smile to anyone's lips.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Fellow forumistas. Today we celebrate our Indepenence Day. Yes, this is our quasi-traditional Newcastle/Southampton Double Bill. Let the plebs have their giddiness. I'll bttt this at the end of the season when we are celebrating another remarkable season.
Thank you.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
FFS SAKE YOU DICK HEAD!!!!!

THERES 27 OTHER THREADS FOR THIS.

You just can't help yourself can you?
Crikey ...Sorry about that.

OK, I'll say something positive: We may have pissed a 10pt lead up the wall in a week, losing 4-1 at home to Liverpool & following it up with a shock defeat today.....but, at least we look solid at the back.

Unread 21-03-2009, 08:59 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Crikey ...Sorry about that.

OK, I'll say something positive: We may have pissed a 10pt lead up the wall in a week, losing 4-1 at home to Liverpool & following it up with a shock defeat today.....but, at least we look solid at the back.
That's the spirit!

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Zorg

Right.

The nightmare period's over and United are still a point ahead with a game in hand. The players will hopefully come back fresh and focused. Liverpool's players have no experience of a title run-in and are far more likely to bottle it than United's. They also have a European tie that will be a massive drain for them, and Benitez won't dare rest players with a shot at the title still there. Fergie knows exactly how to deal with this kind of situation and will get the players in the right frame of mind.

There are positives if you look for them

:bi:

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:14 PM
borsuk

united are trying to do things that no-one else has ever managed:

retain the premier league for the third year running
retain the champions leage
win the treble again
win the quintuple
hold, at one time, all seven possible titles available to us (we'd need to win the super cup and the charity again for this)

if we fail this season, we fail gloriously, attempting something no-one else can even contemplate. where would liverpool be if they had had to play in monaco, in tokyo, if they were still in the fa cup, if they had got to the carling final and won it in extra time?

no red should lose sight of what we are attempting and what kind of pressure our squad is under as a result. the fact that we are still top, still have a game in hand, still in the fa cup and still in the cl is remarkable, tbph.

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

win the treble again
win the quintuple
hold, at one time, all seven possible titles available to us (we'd need to win the super cup and the charity again for this)

if we fail this season, we fail gloriously, attempting something no-one else can even contemplate. where would liverpool be if they had had to play in monaco, in tokyo, if they were still in the fa cup, if they had got to the carling final and won it in extra time?

no red should lose sight of what we are attempting and what kind of pressure our squad is under as a result. the fact that we are still top, still have a game in hand, still in the fa cup and still in the cl is remarkable, tbph.
Viva Borsuk

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Dueling Banjos

Thumbs up

Quote:

win the treble again
win the quintuple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Viva Borsuk
If you imagine it delivered in this style it gets even better!

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:32 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Thumbs up

Quote:

win the treble again
win the quintuple

Top post borsuk

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:34 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

win the treble again
win the quintuple

I really liked that.

I blame Sparky and MJ Ramone for my doomlordery.

Unread 22-03-2009, 07:59 PM
user_name

Quote:

win the treble again
win the quintuple

Nice one!

I'm going to bookmark this... It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

Unread 22-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Barracuda

Very valid points Borsuk - well said.

I would just add that we haven't played anywhere near near what we are capable of for any great length of time at all, yet are still in pole position - ahead of a team who had unbelievable fortune at the start of the season and seemingly have an entire nation and the sporting gods with them at present.

That should galvanise the team and get them out of this slump, knowing the country is taking the piss and willing them to lose should make them even more determined to ram it all back down their throats.

The team, the supporters and everyone else concerned needs to stop feeling sorry for themselves in the face of all the adversity and do something about it. Let's not cave in, we're down and we're taking a bit of a pasting - but real Champions get back up and come firing back - it's time to show what we're made of.

Unread 22-03-2009, 08:37 PM
borsuk

just one more thing...

if we fail, we will come back stronger. because that's what we do, we're manchester united. we overcome adversity and disaster and we come back anew.

but if we succeed...

if we succeed, with the scouse @#%&!s so close now, with the scouse giddyometer in the stratosphere, with the whole stinking lice-ridden, rat-eating, granny-stabbing, wall-pushing murdering lot of them screaming in unison with absolute certainty 'IT'S ON'... to come so close and then fail, yet again, for them... they would never forget it. benitez may never get over it.

come on united. twist the knife. hold that title in front of the @#%&!s. tantalise... then snatch it away, take it home, lock it away. a-£#%&!ing-gain.
Closed Thread