United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2023, 10:47 PM
GBMUFC2020

Default Team v Real Betis

The big question is whether Cass and Bruno will start. I think Bruno will definately get about 70 minutes, Cass I am doubting.

De Gea

Wan Bassaka
Maguire
Martinez
Malacia

Fred
Sabitzer (if fit) or Mc Tominay
Bruno

Anthony
Weggy
Rashford

Unread 14-03-2023, 10:51 PM
Dr Stranger

None of them. Rest everyone.

Except Maguire. Put him out there on his own.

Unread 14-03-2023, 10:51 PM
jem

casemiro has to start.

Unread 14-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
casemiro has to start.
One booking away from a suspension. Not worth it IMO.

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
what choice do we have? would rather cass being careful. hope sabi is fit and maybe pellistri to run around. it will be mcfred, won't it?

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Is there an amnesty after this round?

If not, what does it matter? Are we going to leave him out of the first leg of the next round in case he misses the 2nd leg etc.

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:12 PM
marlo

he can’t be trusted to not get a booking so I’d leave him out tbh.

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:35 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

If not, what does it matter? Are we going to leave him out of the first leg of the next round in case he misses the 2nd leg etc.
No it`s after the 1/4 finals but surely we would prefer him to play in the 1st round of those wouldn`t we considering we are 3 goals up and I presume we will be at home again?. Bruno is in the same position but as captain and our only real attacking midfield player I was prepared to risk him for part of the game.

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:47 PM
dunk

Nonsense logic tbh.

Both Casemiro and Bruno play.

DdG
AWB
Varane
Martinez
Shaw
Casemiro
Fred
Bruno
Antony
Rashford
Weghorst

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:51 PM
Wayne Jenkins

If there's a time to finally rest Bruno this is it. Has been flogged this season.

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
If there's a time to finally rest Bruno this is it. Has been flogged this season.
I don’t hate that idea. Sancho for Bruno then?

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:54 PM
jem

how about weghorst?

Unread 14-03-2023, 11:55 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
I don’t hate that idea. Sancho for Bruno then?
Anybody. Wouldnt be against Sabitzer starting there's if he's fit.

Betis are having a good season but they're not a team who score a lot of goals so this is a good chance to rest a few.

Plus even though the international break is coming up Fulham is the bigger game.

Unread 15-03-2023, 08:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Normally, no. But with the tie being all but won, is it worth the risk? I think he’ll play him. Hasn’t stopped him before. Not sure on whether it gets wiped after this round.

Unread 15-03-2023, 08:20 AM
AK14

Dave

Wan
Linders
Maguire
Ty

Cass
Sabi
Fred

The kid with the hair
Weggy
Sancho

Unread 15-03-2023, 08:28 AM
shenwen

Casemiro to start no question. Needs to keep busy.

Other than that, would like to see some players benched (Rashford, Bruno, Varane, Martinez, Shaw) but available just in case. Might be risky playing Ole-era centre backs, but should be at least good enough not to ship four goals.

Unread 15-03-2023, 08:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Casemiro to start no question. Needs to keep busy.

Other than that, would like to see some players benched (Rashford, Bruno, Varane, Martinez, Shaw) but available just in case. Might be risky playing Ole-era centre backs, but should be at least good enough not to ship four goals.
Harry Maguire - Hold my shin pads...

Unread 15-03-2023, 09:03 AM
Stickman

May as well get his booking now, or we’ll be fretting over the same all the way through.

He plays. Not even a 10% chance he’s being left out when he’s missing the next 4 domestic games.

Unread 15-03-2023, 09:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Rest the ones that need wrapping up: Varane, Shaw, Bruno, Rashford. Ger The Scottish Player in because he will (unfortunately) be needed.

Assuming Sabitzer and Martial won’t start.

DDG

Dalot
Maguire
Martinez
Malacia

Casemiro
The Scottish Player
Fred

Sancho
Weghorst
Antony

Unread 15-03-2023, 09:31 AM
wiganste

Flying over later

I think he goes strong - make sure we don't concede a couple of early goals.

Casermiro 100% starts
Closed Thread