United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:59 AM
magic_cantona

Surely Rasmus is scoring tonight? Rashford even. Or BOTH?!

Unread 08-01-2024, 11:00 AM
Bunker Buster

Not like bellers to shit all over some lads excitement from his man made beach brunch....

Unread 08-01-2024, 11:07 AM
est.1878

Could make a decent poll tbf.

40 degree dubai beach brunch Amidst scantily clad (unsure) expats

Or,

1 degree wigan away in historic cup comp with good opportunity to get involved in wiganuary

Unread 08-01-2024, 12:53 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

MATCH DAY MENU
MAINS

Slow cooked beef steak, onions, and potatoes, topped with golden short crust pastry
Thyme roasted potatoes
Carrots, peas, cauliflower and broccoli
Caramelised onion gravy

VEGETARIAN/VEGAN – MUST BE PRE-ORDERED
A pithivier of butternut squash, spinach, chestnuts, cranberries and vegan feta with sprouting
broccoli, roasted carrots and sauteed potatoes served with a tomato and basil sauce

DESSERT
Vanilla cheesecake
chocolate sauce and vanilla whipped cre

Need to ask Jem what a pithivier is.
Far more interested to hear what the food was like than the match tbh. Remember your Rennies Keith, looks like heartburn (and heartache after Wigan win 1-0) central that menu

Unread 08-01-2024, 01:47 PM
no fun

Quote:
I was initially told that I had to buy them through Wigan who in turn use some agency (seat unique) or something so ended up at £210 after fees and shit

I was later showed that you could buy them via United at £180 which was a wonderful wonderful surprise.

Slow cooked beef apparently too…

MATCH DAY MENU
MAINS

Slow cooked beef steak, onions, and potatoes, topped with golden short crust pastry
Thyme roasted potatoes
Carrots, peas, cauliflower and broccoli
Caramelised onion gravy

VEGETARIAN/VEGAN – MUST BE PRE-ORDERED
A pithivier of butternut squash, spinach, chestnuts, cranberries and vegan feta with sprouting
broccoli, roasted carrots and sauteed potatoes served with a tomato and basil sauce

DESSERT
Vanilla cheesecake
chocolate sauce and vanilla whipped cre

Need to ask Jem what a pithivier is.

Woah woah woah

Where’s the £#%&!ing starters?

Where’s the soup, the prawn cocktail, the pate and toast, melon?

And where’s the Black Forest gateau option in the puddings?

Unread 08-01-2024, 01:48 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Far more interested to hear what the food was like than the match tbh. Remember your Rennies Keith, looks like heartburn (and heartache after Wigan win 1-0) central that menu
Good advice.

Doubt I’ll make the buffet given that it starts at 6 and I’ll be with my group elsewhere I imagine.

Was thinking of donating the buffet tickets to Wiganste…he’ll need some scran if it’s been on it all afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Woah woah woah

Yep, wondered wtf had happened to the starters.

Also, when in Rome: DRESS CODE

Casual dress code, replica shirts and jeans are acceptable

Are acceptable. At last some sense.

Unread 08-01-2024, 01:50 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Woah woah woah

Back in the 1980s I'd imagine

Unread 08-01-2024, 01:53 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Back in the 1980s I'd imagine
You been to wigan?

They’re at least 10 years off that decade yet

Unread 08-01-2024, 01:56 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Woah woah woah

I'm more worried about the lack of a hot pudding in the middle of Jan. Your cheesecakes are fine but I'd be wanting a sticky toffee and custard as standard tonight.

Unread 08-01-2024, 02:09 PM
larry

can we talk about the match in here?

Unread 08-01-2024, 02:24 PM
TreeFiddy

Can our famed attack break down a stubborn league one defence? I’m thinking no.

Unread 08-01-2024, 02:32 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
can we talk about the match in here?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Can our famed attack break down a stubborn league one defence? I’m thinking no.
On second thoughts, let’s go back to talking about the buffet.

Unread 08-01-2024, 02:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not knocking it mate fair play to anyone who's still prepared to do it, it just blows my mind.

To put it in to context me and the wife went out on West Beach on the Palm on Saturday. Brunch from 12-5 (all you can eat and drink) was about 70 quid each. We probably spent another 100 quid after brunch so for about 9 hours we spent 240 quid eating and drinking in the sun. For the same you're in Wigan for two hours

Tbf, you could say the same about going to a gig but they are special events. How many times in your life are you going to go out for food and drinks with your wife compared to watching The Rolling Stones/Scott The Scottish Player etc?

1 nil Wigan.

Unread 08-01-2024, 02:38 PM
suedeshoes

We're winning this 5 nil. Maybe 6.

Quote:
replica shirts and jeans are acceptable
They're £#%&!ing not.

Unread 08-01-2024, 02:52 PM
Finport Red

I haven’t seen mentions of such a vast array of food since I stopped delivering Luke Shaw’s house for Just Eat.

1-0 down, 2-1 up.

Unread 08-01-2024, 03:32 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
We're winning this 5 nil. Maybe 6.

They're £#%&!ing not.

These dress codes are stupid though. I once went to a United corporate match thing in shorts because it was a boiling hot day and I looked dapper in them. Was told I couldn’t come in without trousers so had to go to the mega store to buy some £#%&!ing tracksuit bottoms. I ended up looking like a proper scrubber but that was deemed acceptable.

Unread 08-01-2024, 03:43 PM
believe

You know the fight from within is on the waive when you’re justifying going to Wigan on a Monday night in your replica kit for 200 and calling it a life changing moment I just hope we win for Keith’s sake.

Unread 08-01-2024, 03:54 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You know the fight from within is on the waive when you’re justifying going to Wigan on a Monday night in your replica kit for 200 and calling it a life changing moment I just hope we win for Keith’s sake.
when you put it like that ..

just being doing some research and looks like wigan have mr tickle in goal. gonna be a long night

Unread 08-01-2024, 04:42 PM
RedNick80

My favourite pre-match thread evs. Irreverent Reds.

4-1 Utd

Unread 08-01-2024, 04:59 PM
redhegemony

Deffo 0 - 4 - shades of 2006 For You Smudge