United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2023, 10:04 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
BBC, Guardian and Telegraph all reporting this, don’t see how Jim or anyone else competes with this lot. Will be a grotesque day in our history when we hand the keys over to this lot
Not as grotesque as 2005

Unread 14-02-2023, 10:06 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
you can’t complain that the owners have interfered there

The Premier league has charged them with interfering about 125 times.

I'll be gutted if United become the latest plaything for an Emirati billionaire to allow him to trump his cousins and wash his reputation and money.

Unread 14-02-2023, 10:18 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
hopefully if it happens, the manager would get full control like at City

you can’t complain that the owners have interfered there
PSG play Bayern tonight. Bayern are winning btw. If you had to chose one club to be associated with, which would it be?

Unread 14-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
PSG play Bayern tonight. Bayern are winning btw. If you had to chose one club to be associated with, which would it be?
Oldham

Unread 14-02-2023, 11:44 PM
puressence

Uefa won’t stand in the way of a Qatar take over

Unread 14-02-2023, 11:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Uefa won’t stand in the way of a Qatar take over
Yeah well it helps when Nasser Al-Khelaifi chairman of Qatari Sports Investment is chairman of the European Clubs Association

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:58 AM
AK14

So this looks like it’s actually happening then?

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:01 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So this looks like it’s actually happening then?
If they're genuinely interested I can't imagine there are many who could compete. Musk would be one. Either way not long to go until bids are due....

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:36 AM
92ToBury

£#%&! it, let's get them in and sign Bellingham and Mbappe and the whole world can hate us for being awesome again.

Unread 15-02-2023, 04:09 AM
Stickman

Very difficult proposition is ideal ownership these days....

We're finally getting rid of the Glazers but a pretty specific ownership model is sought by many.

Fwiw Id far rather Qatar than the Glazers trousering millions every year at the expense of our club's progress.

The Glazers make my blood boil, Qatar don't, but obviously they're far from ideal too.

Don't know what to make of it all.

Later.

Unread 15-02-2023, 07:02 AM
shenwen

I'm not happy, especially when you look at the dysfunction that is PSG, but I also don't know what the alternative is. We are for sale. The Qataris will pay the price. That's how it works. We pass hands form one set of @#%&!s to another set of @#%&!s.

What can we do? Stop supporting? That's not going to happen, not for me anyway. Pretty awful though that we are going to be an expensive pice of advertising media for Qatar. Even worse is that we're going to be so much better at it than PSG ever were.

Unread 15-02-2023, 07:30 AM
Stickman

Will be cool getting United shows on my flights through Doha though.

I'm alright Jack.

Unread 15-02-2023, 07:43 AM
believe

I honestly don’t know why anyone cares. Morality and ethics went out of the window in football more than 20 years ago and nothings changed since: as for the morality and wetsuits of whoever might end up owning us, again who cares? It doesn’t affect a football fan in any way shape or form.

We wanted United to be debt free (for some reason), we’ll get that. We want United to buy the best players, we’ll get that. We want United to be successful, hopefully we’ll get that. We wanted the hole in the south stand roof fixed, . There’s literally not one valid reason for a supporter to not want any of that regardless of where it comes from.

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:06 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I honestly don’t know why anyone cares. Morality and ethics went out of the window in football more than 20 years ago and nothings changed since: as for the morality and wetsuits of whoever might end up owning us, again who cares? It doesn’t affect a football fan in any way shape or form.

We wanted United to be debt free (for some reason), we’ll get that. We want United to buy the best players, we’ll get that. We want United to be successful, hopefully we’ll get that. We wanted the hole in the south stand roof fixed, . There’s literally not one valid reason for a supporter to not want any of that regardless of where it comes from.
Thanks for clarifying things and telling us all what we should think pal.

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Thanks for clarifying things and telling us all what we should think pal.
Are you ok? Seriously, it seems like I’m really bothering you lately, it’s slightly concerning.

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:14 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Are you ok? Seriously, it seems like I’m really bothering you lately, it’s slightly concerning.
Good reply. I’d have replied the same to anyone who posted that nonsensical heap of shit, don’t worry about me, but thanks.

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:18 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Good reply. I’d have replied the same to anyone who posted that nonsensical heap of shit, don’t worry about me, but thanks.
But you reply to every single post I make with the same comments. I’m worried I’m keeping you awake at night.

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:23 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Struggling to know where to begin with how wrong this post is. Tbf, it’s probably wrong for a romantic and dwindling number of us.

We’re a sports club at the end of the day. I want our success to be the result of our endeavours. The success this club has had from Busby to Ferie has been based on our own endeavours, not vast wealth derived from owning oil in the Middle East.

We want united to have a sensible level of debt or no debt at all - the position we had when the glazers bought us. So that our commercial success, built off our endeavours can be directed to ensuring the club maintained its status - not being spent on dividends and paying off eye watering interest bills.

We want to buy the best players we can afford to buy through the results of our endeavours. Not because of the owners sovereign wealth.

And surely we want football in general not to be dominated by a few clubs that have unlimited resources that are completely disproportionate to the rest of the league.

And lastly, why on Gods earth do we want to be owned by countries so opposed to the standards and ethics which we all live by?

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Yep. Everywhere you look in the game, ethics are laughed at. I truly don’t give a shite what the media think. They’ll do what they do regardless. If we never put a foot wrong they’d find something. Corruption all over the place at admin level, chaos and lack of integrity with refereeing and the farce that is VAR, never mind lower down the scale. If it’s that bad at that level, you really can’t expect any better within the game itself. Maybe we’ll have Mbappe, Bellingham, a striker and a decent keeper next season + stadium renovation eventually. Looking at progress with ETH so far, I think we’ll do ok just operating within the clubs’ means, anyway and still they’ll bitch and moan, regardless. Not a word about the Glazers raping the club or the farce going on at the council house. Another layer of mockery was added with the recent WC.

All media sectors sold out to headlines and advertising revenue decades ago
FA/PL/Referees dance to their tune and we see the results every week
Agents.

£#%&!em

Unread 15-02-2023, 08:30 AM
believe

We dominated football for 20 years because our resources were disproportionate to most of the other teams. It didn’t seem to bother us too much then.

I agree with your post though keithers and it would be nice if that was ever to be the case but it simply isn’t. My point is how does is affect anyone supporting the game. I watch games, I’m happy if they win, I’m upset when they lose. I don’t sit there for 90 minutes thinking about who owns us.

Edit: apart from this bit

Quote:
And lastly, why on Gods earth do we want to be owned by countries so opposed to the standards and ethics which we all live by?
Closed Thread