United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2008, 07:44 PM
1MUFC

Default Ronaldo and Nani fannying about

I am all for flare and skill but there is a line and they cross it far too often. I mean when they reach the 18 yard box and can either play someone through or go down either wing, they choose to make a pathetic attempt at shooting and wasting the chance why ?! ffs, pass it you £#%&!ing dick.

Free kicks, Ronaldo puts it down and £#%&!ing leathers it, 1 in 50 of them go in, cant he maybe try and get it round the wall, put some thought into them……

Corners, how many of our corners don’t get past the front post.

Why did we play will one £#%&!ing striker against Birmingham ? Could saha not start with tevez .......

Beating Birmingham 1-0 isn’t good enough, they are £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 01-01-2008, 07:46 PM
chorleyred

welcome to Fred Tissue

this board has gone £#%&!ing pathetic recently

Unread 01-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Ether

Did Ronnie's backheel for Tevez, which 99% of players wouldn't even attempt, cross the line too? You can't have it both ways

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
borsuk

not that keen myself. maybe they're trendy in portugal.

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
1MUFC

Why didnt saha start with tevez ?

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Why didnt saha start with tevez ?
3 games in a week might have been pushing it too much.

For me he would have played. Saha is at his best when he gets a run of games, build confidence and can feel a valuable part of the team,

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:55 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
3 games in a week might have been pushing it too much.

For me he would have played. Saha is at his best when he gets a run of games, build confidence and can feel a valuable part of the team,
We were playing Birmingham at home so tactically there is absolutely no reason at all why we shouldn’t have played 2 strikers. If saha wasn’t playing because he needed a rest its beyond a joke. It would be interesting to know what saha thought of not starting and Fergusons reason why he didn’t play.

Its just a no brainer for me, why would you play park up front with tevez if saha is fit.

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Rhodzy

We got the 3 points which is always vital after a defeat, we've got the best goal difference in the league also.

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Saha is the most fragile, unreliable player I think I've ever seen.
After all the lay-offs he's had he should be banging the manager's door down, DEMANDING a start today.
For me this situation with Saha has snowballed out of control now.
I'm sick of him sulking & acting like a tart.

There's always the 'false dawn' from time to time...the odd well taken goal, or a run of half-a-dozen games etc
But £#%&! it, We've got trophies to win. He should have been replaced last summer, but for me it's a must at the end of this season (if not this January window)

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Can someone please explain to me what the hell is wrong with playing Ronaldo in attack with Tevez?

Thought not.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:07 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
We got the 3 points which is always vital after a defeat, we've got the best goal difference in the league also.
The players have put in two shocking performances against two £#%&! sides, it’s not good enough. It really £#%&!ing does rile me when we fork out what we do every season, what they get paid, then they strop about like dick heads.
Another thing as well they all think they are the £#%&!ing #@&%! of the world, but get knocked out of Europe when push comes to shove every year . We were unlucky, the linesman cost us, we had an off night, we didnt have the squad etc . They need to find a bit of backbone and have a foot put up there arse.

Why would you give a toss though if you were on 80k a week.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Can someone please explain to me what the hell is wrong with playing Ronaldo in attack with Tevez?

I don't think it suits Ronaldo to play through the middle...

I also think that if Saha isn't trusted to play when-
A) one of our '4strikers' at the start of the season retired in September
B) our best striker is out with a virus
C) We're at home against Birmingham
D) Tevez is hobbling around for the best part of an hour with an injury

-then under what circumstances will he get a game?
He should be chomping at the bit to prove his worth...he should be chasing lost cause & giving EVERYTHING to prove to the fans that he has a future at the Club.
Saha should have started alongside Tevez today. The fact he didn't is very odd to say the least.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
1MUFC

Quote:

Thought not.
Saha should have started up front with tevez which ever way you look at it, ronaldo and nani on the wings. Then when we are 3-0 up, take one off and put park on a wing to get fitness back, or rest saha if he needs it .

Not ronaldo or park instead ffs.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I don't think it suits Ronaldo to play through the middle...

I also think that if Saha isn't trusted to play when-
A) one of our '4strikers' at the start of the season retired in September
B) our best striker is out with a virus
C) We're at home against Birmingham
D) Tevez is hobbling around for the best part of an hour with an injury

-then under what circumstances will he get a game?
He should be chomping at the bit to prove his worth...he should be chasing lost cause & giving EVERYTHING to prove to the fans that he has a future at the Club.
Saha should have started alongside Tevez today. The fact he didn't is very odd to say the least.
And how many times did you see him send out saha to get warmed up today when tevez took a knock and he still didnt sub him.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ronaldo is quick, skillful, powerful, has a mean shot off both sides and is brilliant in the air. He is also our top scorer over the past 100 games or something like that.

Don't see what's odd about playing him up front with Tevez in the slightest. He was very unlucky not to score, Tevez hit the post twice, and they combined perfectly for a very good goal to win the match.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Saha should have started up front with tevez which ever way you look at it, ronaldo and nani on the wings. Then when we are 3-0 up, take one off and put park on a wing to get fitness back, or rest saha if he needs it .

Not ronaldo or park instead ffs.
It was an ideal game to start Park today.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Ronaldo is quick, skillful, powerful, has a mean shot off both sides and is brilliant in the air. He is also our top scorer over the past 100 games or something like that.

Don't see what's odd about playing him up front with Tevez in the slightest. He was very unlucky not to score, Tevez hit the post twice, and they combined perfectly for a very good goal to win the match.
No one is arguing ronaldo’s attributes. Saha should have started up front, its as simple as that. I can assure you saha is a more accomplished striker than ronaldo and would score twice as many, purely because he is actually a £#%&!ing striker for one reason.

Quote:
It was an ideal game to start Park today.
If park played, ronaldo or nani shouldnt have.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
No one is arguing ronaldo’s attributes. Saha should have started up front, its as simple as that. I can assure you saha is a more accomplished striker than ronaldo and would score twice as many, purely because he is actually a £#%&!ing striker for one reason.
Ronaldo started up front and he combined well with Tevez. I can assure you that Saha would not score twice as many goals as Ronaldo, who is the league's top scorer.

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:22 PM
chorleyred

what's the betting 1mufc who is moaning that saha didn't start today was slagging the waste of oxygen off a few days back.

and ronnie often plays through the middle for portugal, his record is pretty good at that level too

are you female 1mufc?

Unread 01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
If park played, ronaldo or nani shouldnt have.
oh options now is it
Closed Thread