United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
In the middle, compliments and criticism where I feel they’re due. Seems like you missed my point on this good run potentially resulting in very little like last seasons.

Lampard or Arteta will win a trophy in their first season managing in the premier league while Solskjaer could be going into his 3rd (2nd full) hoping to improve on missing out on the champions league again.
No I saw your point I just think it’s intentionally missing the bigger picture. If you don’t think we’ve improved as a whole since the beginning of the season then I can’t really help you because it’s been plain to see for the past 20 odd games. Performances like today are not the norm for me at this point, and I think he’s done a marvellous job in getting us back into the top 4 and looking likely (not certain, but likely) that we’ll stay there and get CL football. If we don’t, I’d be gutted, but I’m still gonna see the upwards trajectory we are on and I’ll feel positive going into next season under Ole.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Chelsea aren’t f***ing ****

They’re a really good side that play good football

They’ve been inconsistent like us this season but Lampard is doing well developing a younger side there with a clear identity to take the game to opposition
Big change from the traditional Chelsea approach

If they play like that at Anfield they will really give Liverpool a game
Hmmm.... while I don't disagree that Lampard is doing a good job, I really don't think they're anything special.

They worked hard, set up well and were fresher and wanted it more.... but there's a lack of quality all the way through their spine.

I didn't feel worried until De Gea £#%&!ed up.

They preyed on our weaknesses too. Credit to them, but I don't rate them much. If liverpool turn up, they'll beat them.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
In the middle, compliments and criticism where I feel they’re due. Seems like you missed my point on this good run potentially resulting in very little like last seasons.

Lampard or Arteta will win a trophy in their first season managing in the premier league while Solskjaer could be going into his 3rd (2nd full) hoping to improve on missing out on the champions league again.
We just lost our first game in 20 and absolutely the manager should face crticism the same way the players do, but you’re talking about asking questions about his tenure, and that I don’t understand at all. If you can’t see the improvements or the upward trend then I don’t know what you’re looking at.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Sparky***

Did he even do an interview after the game?

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Did he even do an interview after the game?
Yeah, snippets all over Twitter..

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:33 PM
Dr Stranger

He knows he and they £#%&!ed up. No excuses.

A bad day for everyone. Just gotta react and every game now is huge for our future.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He knows he and they £#%&!ed up. No excuses.

A bad day for everyone. Just gotta react and every game now is huge for our future.
I don’t think it’s coincidence that teams are starting to press us more aggressively. I really hope Ole has a plan B.

Unread 19-07-2020, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Have you been waiting for your chance to blindly defend the manager?
Who exactly is "blindly" defending him? That he messed up today (even if he had few really good options) seems to be almost universally accepted.

Get the next few games right, though, and that can be forgiven.

Unread 19-07-2020, 11:37 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Who exactly is "blindly" defending him? That he messed up today (even if he had few really good options) seems to be almost universally accepted.

Get the next few games right, though, and that can be forgiven.
Anyone who see’s there arse a bit over a thread getting bumped when we lose, pal.

Pogba, Greenwood and Martial starting may have helped as well as not playing a formation we haven’t played for months.

He certainly will be forgiven if things go the right direction in the league and even in the Europa. If we don’t get into the champions league, playing well against the likes of Villa may not be enough.

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:13 AM
JamesPolk

You cannot as manager come to an interview and say you want start winning trophies. Then let the opposistion manager run rings around you. such as Lampard is comments on VAR. That might even have contributed of Martal not getting a pen at 0-0. You need to hit back at those. Also not helping is changing the team and formations.

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:16 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
You cannot as manager come to an interview and say you want start winning trophies. Then let the opposistion manager run rings around you. such as Lampard is comments on VAR. That might even have contributed of Martal not getting a pen at 0-0. You need to hit back at those. Also not helping is changing the team and formations.
Quote:
Anyone who see’s there arse a bit over a thread getting bumped when we lose, pal.

Pogba, Greenwood and Martial starting may have helped as well as not playing a formation we haven’t played for months.

He certainly will be forgiven if things go the right direction in the league and even in the Europa. If we don’t get into the champions league, playing well against the likes of Villa may not be enough.
FFS the sky isn't falling .We lost one match you big Nancys

Unread 20-07-2020, 12:39 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
FFS the sky isn't falling .We lost one match you big Nancys
No they aren't falling, they absalute came crashing down.

Unread 20-07-2020, 01:05 AM
utd99

Quote:
No they aren't falling, they absalute came crashing down.
Do you post on Facebook? I think I may have seen some of your work there.

Unread 20-07-2020, 01:26 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Do you post on Facebook? I think I may have seen some of your work there.
Not on facebook with that user name JamesPolk

Unread 20-07-2020, 05:09 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
He has been doing a great job of late no doubt but hes not above criticism.

We all said it we all new it, Chelsea are £#%&!ing £#%&! and they had us sussed.

Not helped of course by individual errors and shitshows.

Its his job now to get them ready for Wednesday.
Let’s hope his best XI is fit and in form because he’ll struggle if they’re not.

Unread 20-07-2020, 07:12 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yeah, on reflection, Ole not getting into an argument with Lampard yesterday was our biggest downfall.

Quote:
I don’t think it’s coincidence that teams are starting to press us more aggressively. I really hope Ole has a plan B.
Yes, it's a weakness and teams have spotted it.

We SHOULD be able to get around it. If we're aware of it, more composed and are willing to mix up beating the press with a longer ball, and therefore give the opposition a problem, we should be fine.

Right now, we spend most of the first ten minutes of games in total shock that the opposition have put a plan in place to stop us.

Unread 20-07-2020, 10:59 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Let’s hope his best XI is fit and in form because he’ll struggle if they’re not.
Well the irony of it is we practically ended up with our best 11 so once again no one has had a rest.

Fixture pile up not helping as Ole says, nice rest for West Ham and a £#%&!ing huge rest for Leicester to get ready for Sunday

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:04 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes, it's a weakness and teams have spotted it.

We SHOULD be able to get around it. If we're aware of it, more composed and are willing to mix up beating the press with a longer ball, and therefore give the opposition a problem, we should be fine.

Right now, we spend most of the first ten minutes of games in total shock that the opposition have put a plan in place to stop us.
Everything bad that’s ever happened in any sport since day one has been the result of what should happen but didn’t. You just hope your manager is realistic and works with what is rather than what he hopes will be. By all means try something, but if it becomes clear that the personnel aren’t up to it just stop doing it. If you have one of those “this is the way my teams play and that’s that” types, then it becomes about them, then that ego and arrogance will cost you.

It’s become very clear that other teams/managers have cottoned onto the fact that our defence is not good on the ball when denied time and space. Now the next move is Solskjaer’s.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Everything bad that’s ever happened in any sport since day one has been the result of what should happen but didn’t. You just hope your manager is realistic and works with what is rather than what he hopes will be. By all means try something, but if it becomes clear that the personnel aren’t up to it just stop doing it. If you have one of those “this is the way my teams play and that’s that” types, then it becomes about them, then that ego and arrogance will cost you.

It’s become very clear that other teams/managers have cottoned onto the fact that our defence is not good on the ball when denied time and space. Now the next move is Solskjaer’s.
To be more specific, we are able, at times to play around it. Southampton game for example, around a 10-15 minute spell when we scored, we were playing our way around it a lot better. Like we had adapted. And once we did, we created problems. In turn, Southampton dropped off a bit.

We just seemed to revert to type after that.

The issues are as much about us seemingly being surprised by it, rather than the press itself.

It's as much about how we're handling it, rather than not being able to execute it. Too many touches, timing of the pass, wrong option etc.

We can learn to get better at it.

There are also times when we can go long. We've got pace down the channels. Right now, we're playing into teams hands with it.

Unread 20-07-2020, 11:21 AM
believe

It's like having the bastard love child of Tiberian and throb posting.
Closed Thread