United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:48 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
if we want to get back anywhere near the top an average 26year old from Leciester shouldn't be our first choice for a marquee signing...
What, like city with Mahrez last year?

Unread 15-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
No, no it isn't, as Siders Said, if we want to get back anywhere near the top an average 26year old from Leciester shouldn't be our first choice for a marquee signing...

You don't watch football though.
Probably need to get away from 'marquee' signings in the first place tbf, and build an actual team.

Unread 15-07-2019, 06:06 PM
AK14

Scousers signed Van Dijk from Southampton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's Phil Jones if Phil Jones could stay injury fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
What, like city with Mahrez last year?
Chelsea signed Kante from Leicester too

Don’t get why it matters where the player is signed from tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Probably need to get away from 'marquee' signings in the first place tbf, and build an actual team.
Nah, let’s sign Mustafa from Arsenal.

He’s the type of player United should be going for...

Unread 15-07-2019, 06:20 PM
puressence

Why do people keep saying we are going to pay. It’s not your money you @#%&!s Ffs

Unread 15-07-2019, 06:30 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
No, no it isn't, as Siders Said, if we want to get back anywhere near the top an average 26year old from Leciester shouldn't be our first choice for a marquee signing...
Granted, he’s certainly no lovren or matip.

Unread 15-07-2019, 06:35 PM
ScarFace

We should be £#%&!ing grateful he's even willing to come here.

We are shit. We were the 6th shittest out of the big clubs.

We've chewed up every good player that's signed for us since Fergie.

We have a manager who only has the job because he played for us, was cheap and went on a good run

We cannot attract a better defender than him, at this moment.

I FOR ONE WELCOME HARRY !

Unread 15-07-2019, 06:53 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Why do people keep saying we are going to pay. It’s not your money you @#%&!s Ffs
Because it's our club you fat £#%&!.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:03 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Because it's our club you fat £#%&!.
Is that it. You contribute £#%&! all to Utd the forum or life in general you £#%&!ing massive £#%&!ing tit .. you don’t even pay to the site never mind utd transfer fees

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:04 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Is that it. You contribute £#%&! all to Utd the forum or life in general you £#%&!ing massive £#%&!ing tit .. you don’t even pay to the site never mind utd transfer fees

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
That's because I'm not allowed to donate you blimp.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:13 PM
ScarFace

on his podcast he said this..

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:16 PM
andyroo

That's about how long it takes for the outsize electroencephelagram machine to be delivered

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't know how many could even rank 20 defenders playing the game today. It is a sea of mediocrity and no one on here watches near enough football to even think about compiling a list. He is an improvement on what we have IMO. Past caring about fees in this current climate. They are absurd, but I ain't paying...thank £#%&!.
tibs ranks Chris 'Mike' Smalling pretty high up that list if that assists?

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Its more the fact the money can be used elsewhere and sign a better calibre of player.

Man utd dont have an endless pit of money despite the annual "WARCHEST (battle cry!!!)" Of which the media are briefed about. Compared to todays market they can be competitive provided they dont spent more money than needed on players.

Macguire is an english cb playing in the premier league, naturally would then come up with the 20-30 million extra mark up a non english player would cost.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:35 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Its more the fact the money can be used elsewhere and sign a better calibre of player.

Man utd dont have an endless pit of money despite the annual "WARCHEST (battle cry!!!)" Of which the media are briefed about. Compared to todays market they can be competitive provided they dont spent more money than needed on players.

Macguire is an english cb playing in the premier league, naturally would then come up with the 20-30 million extra mark up a non english player would cost.
Who then? Who is better for 30 million less?

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Who then? Who is better for 30 million less?
There was something about alderweirald going for 25-30 million.I dont know , I am not head of recruitment for man utd. You would like to think they have a 2/3 defenders they could be going for.

If an 80 million pound macguire is the best we can do then we are £#%&!ed. He is no better than smalling. His deficiencies will be overlooked at leicester.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Given castles’ mourinho connections and subsequent bitterness, it probably means he’s going to city.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:42 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
There was something about alderweirald going for 25-30 million.I dont know , I am not head of recruitment for man utd. You would like to think they have a 2/3 defenders they could be going for.

If an 80 million pound macguire is the best we can do then we are £#%&!ed. He is no better than smalling. His deficiencies will be overlooked at leicester.
I'm just glad we've bought someone that pushes Phil Jones and Rojo further down the pecking order. And I'd take Zammo Maguire over Eric Bailly.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:44 PM
tatty

If he turns out to be equal, or better, than Mal Donaghy then i'll be happy enough.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

I imagine anyone on this forum would have been moaning like £#%&! when fergie bought Steve Bruce or paid a record fee for pallister from lowly Middlesborough. Probably the equivalent combined fee of around £110m at today’s rates.

Consistency, plays every week, good character, potential captain, a desire to play for united. Easily taken every step up in his career. Still not good enough for some. People underestimate the importance of these things, especially for a central defender where you need the same two players playing every week. On balance, he’s everything we need in this current squad. This is how you change a shit dressing room culture.
Closed Thread