United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Still better than the £#%&!ing @#%&!s we currently have
High praise that. If Matic start the season in front of Maguire and Lindelöf we best not venture too high up the pitch. Wan Bissaka won't be doing much attacking with all the covering runs he will have to make.

Unread 14-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
High praise that. If Matic start the season in front of Maguire and Lindelöf we best not venture too high up the pitch. Wan Bissaka won't be doing much attacking with all the covering runs he will have to make.
Surely some @#%&!s will chuck £20m at us for Matic.

Really can't stand the @#%&!.

Unread 14-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Surely some @#%&!s will chuck £20m at us for Matic.

Really can't stand the @#%&!.
Jem still rates him highly.

Would have Valencia starting next to him too tbf.

Unread 14-07-2019, 09:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Jem still rates him highly.

Would have Valencia starting next to him too tbf.
Imagine a midfield of Valencia and Matic starting the season...

Quote:
Yep, you called it this time last year pal

Midfield is massive problem for us if we don’t sign a proper 6, because Matic has well and truly gone. Plus then the rest of midfielders we have seem more like 10’s rather than actual midfielders

Unread 14-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
£80 million for Maguire? Did Utd actually watch him last year?

He is really not that good at the defending part of his job.
Apparently he's "better than what we got" (he's not)

Unread 14-07-2019, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
when are we signing everton?
Didn't one of our former managers try that one?

Unread 14-07-2019, 11:23 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
No joao felix
The one that signed for A. Madrid a couple of weeks ago?

Unread 14-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Part 36 Offer

Think he will surprise a lot of people this lad.

Very popular member of the England team also. Can see it encouraging the likes of rice, Sancho etc to buy into the new project. Yhihf.

Unread 15-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Think he will surprise a lot of people this lad.

Very popular member of the England team also. Can see it encouraging the likes of rice, Sancho etc to buy into the new project. Yhihf.

Defo not as bad as some are making out but, the price tag leaves a lot to
be desired...Having said that, couldn't give a £#%&! as long as it means less of Jones...

Although, Ole calling him "Jonah" is scaring me and leaves me fearing the worst

Unread 15-07-2019, 12:28 AM
Stickman

Honestly couldn't give two shits about the price, we need a decent centre back (hes a good bit better than most of what we have imo) and the fee's are just plucked out of thin air now anyway.

Unread 15-07-2019, 12:57 AM
Brucie

Unread 15-07-2019, 01:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Apparently he's "better than what we got" (he's not)
He's got some personality which is more than can be said for most of our CBs. And he's very strong in the air which is an area we're weak. But I can't help thinking if we had a competent scouting department we'd find someone better than him for half the price.

Realistically, he's as good a defensive addition as we were likely to get. That's about as positive as it gets for me.

Unread 15-07-2019, 02:17 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's got some personality which is more than can be said for most of our CBs. And he's very strong in the air which is an area we're weak. But I can't help thinking if we had a competent scouting department we'd find someone better than him for half the price.

Realistically, he's as good a defensive addition as we were likely to get. That's about as positive as it gets for me.
Who would you have bought? De Ligt aside?

Unread 15-07-2019, 03:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Who would you have bought? De Ligt aside?
No idea. Give me a year as a well-paid scout and I find someone better than the slab 100%.

But it might just work. He's actually got a bit of bravery and leadership about him.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Good in the air
May attract Sancho.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:27 AM
puressence

wont be coming

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Cream

Quote:
No idea. Give me a year as a well-paid scout and I find someone better than the slab 100%.

But it might just work. He's actually got a bit of bravery and leadership about him.
I suppose the fact is that he's proven himself in the most competitive league in the world. Real, Bayern and Barca might have better defenders but they're not for sale.

If you're talking about cast iron bets on young players, the one to look out for just sold for a similar price to Slab.

Koulibaly is 90 mils.

We've tried Bailly: disaster. We've tried British mid tier defenders: disaster.

Unread 15-07-2019, 08:46 AM
windy waffles

Is this happening?

Nothing on sky yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
wont be coming
Shut up.

Unread 15-07-2019, 08:49 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I suppose the fact is that he's proven himself in the most competitive league in the world. Real, Bayern and Barca might have better defenders but they're not for sale.

If you're talking about cast iron bets on young players, the one to look out for just sold for a similar price to Slab.

Koulibaly is 90 mils.

We've tried Bailly: disaster. We've tried British mid tier defenders: disaster.
Should've gone Eastern European.

We will at least have one of the biggest heads in world football in our defence if this comes off. And hopefully the end of Laurel & Hardy?

Any more positives?

Unread 15-07-2019, 08:55 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Agree with this. As good as we are likely to get give the state of our scouting. The potential is there for him to do well.

Fee is irrelevant, but jars. Pretty nailed on that one or two of our existing CBS will leave if they have ambition of first team football.

Get behind the slab.
Closed Thread