Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Conte?
Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:29 PM
Sapien

Looks like Roth (ffs) nailed it with his wig based integrity assessment.

plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

The thought of this belligerent, wig-wearing, match-fixing @#%&! as United manager is £#%&!ing stomach-churning.

Would also show that the club has absolutely zero interest in a long-term plan or identity.
everyone has a plan till you get smashed 5-0 at home by them @#%&!s

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It'd be typical us these days to appoint him at vast expense and the next week he gets carted off to the Italian equivalent of Strangeways for his latest impropriety.
Astrangeaways

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:30 PM
NedKelly

My worry is players like Greenwood and Sancho wouldn’t suit his kind of football. He prefers the industrious types, much like Mourinho, doesn’t he? We’ll probably sign Willian in January

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Pros:

Won plenty
Won the PL
Tactically astute

Cons:

Insane
Short-term
Wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
My worry is players like Greenwood and Sancho wouldn’t suit his kind of football. He prefers the industrious types, much like Mourinho, doesn’t he? We’ll probably sign Willian in January
He had Hazard at Chelsea when they won the league. Hardly a work-horse. I don’t associate Jim with being especially negative, but I’m more concerned we don’t have the full backs to play his system and we’d likely need another idiot centre half in there.

There’d need to be a lot of adjustment and a lot of those players could find themselves out the door in a flash.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Pros:

Won plenty
Won the PL
Tactically astute

Cons:

Insane
Short-term
Wig
I'd put insane firmly in the pros column tbh. United is all about insane.
Far too much beige at the mo. At least he'd probably stab our defenders in the face.

The cons probably outweigh the pros though, Ten Hag is the man. But we all know they'll have no idea who he is, and have absolutely zero intention of introducing anything like that kind of long-term plan.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Far too much beige at the mo. At least he'd probably stab our defenders in the face.
We thought Van Gaal was going to be insane. Well he was, but the football itself was so beige.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
We thought Van Gaal was going to be insane. Well he was, but the football itself was so beige.
Good point.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

The cons probably outweigh the pros though, Ten Hag is the man. But we all know they'll have no idea who he is, and have absolutely zero intention of introducing anything like that kind of long-term plan.
Has a Jose vibe of burning the place to the ground before he leaves. Tactical adaptability and a winning mentality/pedigree is the biggest draw.

Agree on Ten Hag. Won’t happen.

Quote:
I’m glad we tried LVG. It didn’t work, but it shouldn’t stop us trying again. We need to get out of this mentality of building dynasties again. It doesn’t happen anymore. We haven’t tried everything. We’ve tried four managers.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:46 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Pros:

Won plenty
Won the PL
Tactically astute

Cons:

Insane
Short-term
Wig

He had Hazard at Chelsea when they won the league. Hardly a work-horse. I don’t associate Jim with being especially negative, but I’m more concerned we don’t have the full backs to play his system and we’d likely need another idiot centre half in there.

There’d need to be a lot of adjustment and a lot of those players could find themselves out the door in a flash.
I don't know about Jim, but Conte was never a negative manager, not in Jose's league anyway. He wouldn't have wingers effectively playing as wingbacks when we already have wingbacks on the pitch, he'd just start with wingbacks. And that'd be it.

I don't think the board have reservations about the football, more his behaviour. The club are going to want to project an image to make us as commercially viable as possible. Having wiggy lashing around going mental on the sidelines if things aren't going his way maybe something they're worried about.

Also, worth remembering the Chelsea side had won the league two seasons before he came in, and the only reason they were so shit when he came in was because the team had downed tools for traditional Mourinho implosion. Not to mention the competition in the league at the time isn't quite what it is now.

He's a very short term solution for what is effectively a long shot gamble at trying to win something of note. Once he leaves a we're back to square one.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:47 PM
andyroo

This Jim sounds pretty good tbh

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

The thought of this belligerent, wig-wearing, match-fixing @#%&! as United manager is £#%&!ing stomach-churning.

Would also show that the club has absolutely zero interest in a long-term plan or identity.
Can we stop with this £#%&!ing notion of integrity, long term plan dna shite?

Football has moved on. We are almost a decade off winning our last title. We now have a decent squad good enough to win at least one good trophy. If Conte does that in 2-3 years and leaves so what?

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:17 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Has a Jose vibe of burning the place to the ground before he leaves. Tactical adaptability and a winning mentality/pedigree is the biggest draw.

Agree on Ten Hag. Won’t happen.

I’m glad we tried LVG. It didn’t work, but it shouldn’t stop us trying again. We need to get out of this mentality of building dynasties again. It doesn’t happen anymore. We haven’t tried everything. We’ve tried four managers.
i mean look at liverpool. their fans constantly go on about their "club's heritage" and the "liverpool way", but after nearly 30 years of mediocrity, they brought in klopp, a man who had zero previous affinity with the club, and they haven't looked back.

the enlightenment era was a success because it prioritised logic over feelings and emotion. motwyw

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Can we stop with this £#%&!ing notion of integrity, long term plan dna shite?

Football has moved on. We are almost a decade off winning our last title. We now have a decent squad good enough to win at least one good trophy. If Conte does that in 2-3 years and leaves so what?
The mess he leaves means the next one takes 15 years to win.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:56 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hope it's to tell him to £#%&! off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Quote:
The mess he leaves means the next one takes 15 years to win.
Both of you just sit this one out yeah.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
No.

Last thing any of us want us another Mou Mou.

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:12 PM
saffers

Quote:
No.

Last thing any of us want us another Mou Mou.
Another Mou Mou would still be an improvement on getting @#%&!ted 5-0 at home to Liverpool. You said recently we had never fallen as low post Ferie as we did under Mou. Ridiculous comment then, even more ridiculous now.

As I said, sit this one out buddy.

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:16 PM
tatty

It does seem the same sentimental fantasists who believed Ole was the right manager are now against a manager who will bring EXACTLY what is needed to the club.

Unread 25-10-2021, 10:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Another Mou Mou would still be an improvement on getting @#%&!ted 5-0 at home to Liverpool. You said recently we had never fallen as low post Ferie as we did under Mou. Ridiculous comment then, even more ridiculous now.

As I said, sit this one out buddy.
This is bad, nqat, as a result in isolation. Can’t even compare to the misery and darkness of the months under that absolute @#%&!. If you were actually a United fan, you’d know that. This is a completely different type of bad.

Pining for a man @#%&!ted 6-1 in Norway in the week? Think you’re the one that should sit it out pal.
Closed Thread