United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2020, 08:21 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Have to admire their ability to do 180's on their beliefs to suit their needs.

'Shanks' says football is more important than life or death and they are all aboard, this theme continues as they revel in the players of a rival football team dying in a plane crash with flags aplenty. Them murdering 39 Italians doesn't have much of an effect on these animals but a few years later when it's their own fans that die then all of a sudden songs, flags, death and attitudes to all change not just for their savage fanbase but for football fans everywhere as they lecture and moralise to the entire football community for the thick end of 30 years, never missing an opportunity to shoehorn their tragedy to give them moral superiority as well as a top trump card to stifle any debate they don't like.

Lo and behold they are top of the league when a global pandemic that some models estimate millions of people could die from and these once professional mourners again feel the need to involve themselves in the conversation but this time it's the moral case for them to be awarded a title they haven't won and not the deaths and suffering the world over that is their concern.

The only thing moral thing to do would be to relegate that club to a regional league in Wuhan and sell their fans in a local market for the Chinese to use as an ingredient for their bat soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Brilliant!!

And thoroughly deserved!!

Unread 16-03-2020, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Everton
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton
Norwich City
West Ham United
Sheffield Wednesday
Oxford United
Coventry City
Arsenal
Wimbledon
Luton Town
Nottingham Forest
Derby County

All these teams missed out on European football because of Heysel. There's plenty of karma still to be had on that list. Hopefully someone at each club has a long enough memory when voting to void the season.
Something that is all very easy to forget, indeed I had forgotten it - or at least that it was *that* bad.

Unread 17-03-2020, 10:19 AM
AK14

So united have cancelled training and I’m sure other clubs have done/will do the same soon enough. No way the season restarts this summer..

The country is on the verge of collapse with hundreds of thousands of people at risk and many, many people losing their livelihood with businesses nearing collapse

Will this stop the bastards stop talking about the season restarting, £#%&!ing doubt it.

Class and dignity etc

Unread 17-03-2020, 02:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So united have cancelled training and I’m sure other clubs have done/will do the same soon enough. No way the season restarts this summer..

The country is on the verge of collapse with hundreds of thousands of people at risk and many, many people losing their livelihood with businesses nearing collapse

Will this stop the bastards stop talking about the season restarting, f***ing doubt it.

Class and dignity etc
It just doesn't seem important right now either.

The country is getting more and more closed off and it's completely necessary to end it as soon as possible, yet there's people banging on about solutions to try bring thousands of people together to finish a source of entertainment.

Sorry, just not a priority right now.

Unread 17-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
f*** morality, the most immoral and odious fans in the country can get to f***! Is it morally right to tell the bottom 3 they are relegated as of now?

It doesn't matter if it is 2 points, 10, 25 or whatever. They can be honorary winners (not champions) all they like, they can even write poems, have par leagues and make shitty and pretentious banners but unless they reach that threshold they are not champions.
It’s a game anyway. Way down the list in terms of morally right and wrong over the next 24 months. In terms of morals and justice, the next 24 months are about health and economics. Anyone arguing for the award of a trophy when there’s many more important priorities show themselves up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Have to admire their ability to do 180's on their beliefs to suit their needs.
The only belief they have is look after number 1.

Unread 17-03-2020, 03:30 PM
Sapien

I believe that ultimately both this season and next will be cancelled.

Unread 17-03-2020, 03:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Agree.

Unread 17-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Zorg

Quote:
The entire UK and possibly Europe is being cancelled. Football ffs. A total £#%&!ing irrelevance.

Unread 17-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Yep. It's a complete irrelevance now as frustrating as it is.

Unread 17-03-2020, 05:44 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The entire UK and possibly Europe is being cancelled. Football ffs. A total £#%&!ing irrelevance.
COVID 19 snatching away the League title is very relevant to my wellbeing

Unread 17-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Pop

It looks like the scousers are actually going to be denied the title, doesn't it?

Unread 17-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
COVID 19 snatching away the League title is very relevant to my wellbeing
Mine too, but I fear that feeling is about to be replaced by other, less welcome ones.

Still, we'll always have this, which I've been laughing about for days now. Just fantastic

Unread 17-03-2020, 05:56 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Next season as well? Nah things will settle down soon. Life has to go on(for most)

Unread 17-03-2020, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Next season as well? Nah things will settle down soon. Life has to go on(for most)
Yes that is my instinct too, a continuous lockdown (or even semi-lockdown) for 18 months or 2 years simply isn't feasible.

Unread 17-03-2020, 06:36 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes that is my instinct too, a continuous lockdown (or even semi-lockdown) for 18 months or 2 years simply isn't feasible.
Not a chance the British public will last even 1 month under a lock down never mind 2 years.

Unread 17-03-2020, 09:00 PM
no fun

I haven’t been taking this corona stuff seriously, but this has made me realise it’s now critical

https://www.theguardian.com/football...to-coronavirus

Unread 17-03-2020, 10:37 PM
My Name is Heath

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Mine too, but I fear that feeling is about to be replaced by other, less welcome ones.

Still, we'll always have this, which I've been laughing about for days now. Just fantastic

https://twitter.com/TransferChecker/...385593857?s=20

Unread 18-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Pop

I wish Jimmy Liddel was still around to analyse this situation with a bit of composure and common sense.
Closed Thread