Cool. Another Nani

Unread 04-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Having a worldy season nqat

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:09 PM
S/Side.Red

He could be the one. Seems to have everything.

Does everything quickly too, which is something I vaguely remember being a good quality.

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Sparky***

Can’t wait for nothing to come of this.

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:43 PM
andyroo

Is he one of Mendes's?

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He could be the one. Seems to have everything.

Does everything quickly too, which is something I vaguely remember being a good quality.

It's certainly a trait a United player should have, albeit that is coming from someone who loved to watch Berbs play. Players that hold onto it too long don't thrive at United in the main.

Unread 04-04-2019, 01:11 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

It's certainly a trait a United player should have, albeit that is coming from someone who loved to watch Berbs play. Players that hold onto it too long don't thrive at United in the main.
This is where the club needs to decide what style of football it actually wants to play and stick to it. As boring and soul-destroying as it was to watch, it was clear what LvG wanted; possession based football, patient build up, attacking players capable of taking on defenders and making space for teammates to move into to break teams down. Unfortunately we had a past it Van Persie, a Falcao in rehab, a Depay that decided to beef up too much and the same old £#%&!ing idiots we call out now clogging the squad up. And Schneiderlin (what a nothing).

Since Mou took over we've gradually become a more counter-attacking side but without any actual counter-attacking football. Admittedly that has changed a bit under Ole, but we still look absolutely laborious when attacking at times, especially later on in games. I know he's been calling out fitness so hopefully that changes, but it's alarming how often we seem to lack cohesiveness.

Unread 04-04-2019, 01:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
This is where the club needs to decide what style of football it actually wants to play and stick to it. As boring and soul-destroying as it was to watch, it was clear what LvG wanted; possession based football, patient build up, attacking players capable of taking on defenders and making space for teammates to move into to break teams down. Unfortunately we had a past it Van Persie, a Falcao in rehab, a Depay that decided to beef up too much and the same old £#%&!ing idiots we call out now clogging the squad up. And Schneiderlin (what a nothing).

Since Mou took over we've gradually become a more counter-attacking side but without any actual counter-attacking football. Admittedly that has changed a bit under Ole, but we still look absolutely laborious when attacking at times, especially later on in games. I know he's been calling out fitness so hopefully that changes, but it's alarming how often we seem to lack cohesiveness.
It's why throwing the baby out with the bath water in 2016 was such a disaster. United will not get back to the level we want to be at until we improve our possession and positional play. The tempo and movement between the lines didn't progress in LvG's second season the way he wanted, but the shape and the structure remained a decent base to build on. The appreciation of controlling the ball and making the opposition move will come again at some point but it's been set back by the anti-possession drilled in under Mou.

A Portuguese double of Fernandes and Neves could be an option. Guys who have the skill and brains to control and change the rhythm of a game. I don't have the scouting knowledge of the European game but Koulibaly, Neves, Fernandes and another pacey attacking option would do me. There will be plenty of alternatives if the club have some insight into the current market.

Unread 04-04-2019, 05:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Cool. Another Nani
Depends whether its good Nani or bad Nani I suppose?

Unread 04-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Whalefish

Captain of Sporting, scores goals and assists for fun. Not shy of getting stuck in either.

I don't really know what alternatives are out there but him plus another would be a good start. Need someone to take the Matic spot, I'd prefer a player in the Carrick mould for that rather than a 'destroyer' but no £#%&!ing idea who.

Unread 04-04-2019, 08:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Captain of Sporting, scores goals and assists for fun. Not shy of getting stuck in either.

I don't really know what alternatives are out there but him plus another would be a good start. Need someone to take the Matic spot, I'd prefer a player in the Carrick mould for that rather than a 'destroyer' but no £#%&!ing idea who.
Saul (mentioned on the other thread) is a class act, although I get the impression he may want to stay at Atleti for life.

Like you I'm not that clued up on the next wave of young talent, but it'll be there. Do we have faith our scouting department is in tune?

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Saul (mentioned on the other thread) is a class act, although I get the impression he may want to stay at Atleti for life.
Going to the berts

Unread 05-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Vedder

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Going to the berts
Him and Rice?

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Not the strongest source, but he will be sold this summer. I think if Barca or Madrid go for anyone it'll be Joao Felix so that could leave the road open for us re Fernandes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Going to the berts
Well that's not good.

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Not the strongest source, but he will be sold this summer. I think if Barca or Madrid go for anyone it'll be Joao Felix so that could leave the road open for us re Fernandes.
I think he was thanked (by Sporting) for not walking out last Summer like a few did. A move on the cards this Summer and I kind of do hope it's to us. As you said earlier it is a big step up but he's been consistently good in the Portuguese league and you can't sniff at those goal scoring/assist stats.

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Vedder

Saul isn’t going to city they’re after Rodri

Unread 05-04-2019, 05:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think he was thanked (by Sporting) for not walking out last Summer like a few did. A move on the cards this Summer and I kind of do hope it's to us. As you said earlier it is a big step up but he's been consistently good in the Portuguese league and you can't sniff at those goal scoring/assist stats.
Lot of Sporting fans saying he's the best player they've had for 25 years or so, going back to the days of Figo. Easy to sniff at the Portuguese league but they have seen a few decent players there down the years.
Closed Thread