United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 07-02-2020, 06:38 AM
BarryX

Default Michael Owen on every time he returns to Anfield

Comedy gold and makes it worth us signing him, all those years ago:

Crying in the playing lounge and booed every time he goes back...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-never-go.html

Unread 07-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Ethers

Wonderful, hope he does a Gary Speed over it.

Unread 07-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Hands of Scone

Wow. Michael has learned his life lessons too late. Apparently acting the selfish #@&%! all your life turns people against you. Who knew?

Unread 07-02-2020, 07:55 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Wow. Michael has learned his life lessons too late. Apparently acting the selfish #@&%! all your life turns people against you. Who knew?

Is it too late to turn people back?

Unread 07-02-2020, 09:02 AM
History

Even in his book where naturally in stories and arguments you would side the author as it's all from their perspective as they get to put across their intentions etc...

He comes across a proper @#%&!.

Unread 07-02-2020, 09:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
. Any one of those 60,000 fans at Anfield have got the ability to break my heart. You can’t help now, looking at players past and present, players who have done jack s*** for the club who now have a job with the club. If they turn up at the centre circle they get their name sung.'
Delicious !!! That's made my day that has.....

#itwas3-3

Unread 07-02-2020, 09:15 AM
My Name is Heath

It's a shame - a great player and a rare United and Liverpool legend.

He's a human 50:50 scarf.

Half rice half chips.

The Gary Barlow of soccer.

I like him. A winner. He'd score a bucket load for us with the crosses of James and the passing of Pogba behind him.

Unread 07-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Cream

Quote:
'Any one of those 60,000 fans at Anfield have got the ability to break my heart. You can’t help now, looking at players past and present, players who have done jack s*** for the club who now have a job with the club. If they turn up at the centre circle they get their name sung.'
Bitter.

Quote:
'I watched it in my living room in Madrid. I’m not going to lie, I had massive mixed emotions – me you and Stevie had grown up together. So to see your mates not only being happy but paying such a huge role in doing it, that was great.

'But of course as you said, I left Liverpool, not because I disliked Liverpool, for a quick new experience, a quick fling, and that has happened while I have been away, I was like oh my god, you can’t not have mixed emotions about it,' he added.
Absolute Prince Andrew of an interview.

Unread 07-02-2020, 09:49 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
It's a shame - a great player and a rare United and Liverpool legend.

He's a human 50:50 scarf.

Half rice half chips.

The Gary Barlow of soccer.

I like him. A winner. He'd score a bucket load for us with the crosses of James and the passing of Pogba behind him.
bit early for smack

Unread 07-02-2020, 10:12 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
bit early for smack

tough morning

Unread 07-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Jack Duckworth

this has cheered me right up this morning.

what an absolute @#%&! of a bloke.

Unread 07-02-2020, 10:37 AM
Mr_Ed

What a #@&%!.

Like he had a gun to his head when he signed for Madrid or for us... Wasn't so gutted when he was lifting the title was he?

Now they're on top he wants to be loved by the fans again. The utter turncoat #@&%!. Loathed by both sets of fans - takes a special type of @#%&! to do that.

Unread 07-02-2020, 10:39 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this has cheered me right up this morning.

what an absolute @#%&! of a bloke.
Put a smile on my face too. The man's clearly got some personality disorder or is simply one of the biggest @#%&!s in football history.

Unread 07-02-2020, 10:48 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Put a smile on my face too. The man's clearly got some personality disorder or is simply one of the biggest c***s in football history.
He’s horrendously self-obsessed. Probably worked well for him when he was the focal point of an attack; being selfish can be a positive if you’re bagging. Nowadays though, Jesus, never have I seen such a boring man so in love with themselves.

Unread 07-02-2020, 10:55 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker buster
delicious !!! That's made my day that has.....

#itwas3-3
liverpool have not had a 60, 000 crowd for about 50 years

Unread 07-02-2020, 11:05 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
liverpool have not had a 60, 000 crowd for about 50 years
are you ignoring Hillsborough? when there must have been three million in the crowd that day

Unread 07-02-2020, 11:27 AM
Stickman

Never understood how he boils so much piss on here. He’s like human ryvita.

Unread 07-02-2020, 12:10 PM
utd99

It’s very gratifying to know that beneath that self-satisfied smug exterior there’s a seething mess of self pity bubbling away inside, eating him up.

Who could have guessed that his conduct throughout his professional life would have left him as little Micky no-friends?

Unread 07-02-2020, 12:54 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
bit early for smack
He needs a smack.

Unread 07-02-2020, 12:58 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s very gratifying to know that beneath that self-satisfied smug exterior there’s a seething mess of self pity bubbling away inside, eating him up.

Who could have guessed that his conduct throughout his professional life would have left him as little Micky no-friends?
Very well put, Sir, and so £#%&!ing true.