United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:10 AM
sharath

Default kanoute or yakubu to united?

http://www.sisv1646.com/showthread.php?t=82069

I did take Yakubu happily. At least thats one striker less from rivals side who did make rio look like a muppet easily.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Whalefish

I'm getting quite desperate. Either will do me.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:14 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
I did take Yakubu happily.
are you sure this is the right place to come out like this? i mean, i applaud your openness and everything but...

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:15 AM
24hr Leavesey

Kanoute has just signed a contract extension, and as far as Yakubu goes, it's a bit of a concern that Middlesborough don't seem at all arsed that their main (and fattest) striker is constantly linked with a move, I'd stay clear tbh.

Anelka would cost as much as these two and is more suited in any case.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:17 AM
endsession

I rate Yakubu but he's too small. We need a big bastard and Kanoute gave a great performance the last time I saw him at Old Trafford with West Ham. Big, powerful, pace and can play a bit too, would be a good signing. Not world class but with Tevez and Rooney we need someone who won't complain if he is on the bench more often than not.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:18 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsession
I rate Yakubu but he's too small. We need a big bastard and Kanoute gave a great performance the last time I saw him at Old Trafford with West Ham. Big, powerful, pace and can play a bit too, would be a good signing. Not world class but with Tevez and Rooney we need someone who won't complain if he is on the bench more often than not.
So is Yakubu.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:19 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Kanoute gave a great performance the last time I saw him at Old Trafford with West Ham.
That he did, played upfront on his own as was very impressive. He's signed a new contract just his weekend in any case so fergedaboudit.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Whalefish

It's worth noting that Fergie does rate Yakubu.

Can't see anything happening though.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:21 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
It's worth noting that Fergie does rate Yakubu.

Can't see anything happening though.
Did he tell you that in bed Phil?

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:21 AM
El Calafate

i wouldn't want either. we should of bought Viduka. nft.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Yes, just after I cupped his balls in my mouth.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:29 AM
endsession

Quote:
So is Yakubu.

Yakubu doesn't look very tall. I might be wrong but I doubt he's bigger than Rooney.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:30 AM
El Calafate

if we buy a striker he needs to be tall. we can't have another midget. nft.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:33 AM
endsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
That he did, played upfront on his own as was very impressive. He's signed a new contract just his weekend in any case so fergedaboudit.

You are probably right but contracts mean nothing nowadays. Didn't United sign Van Der Saar and Saha soon after they had signed new deals at Fulham? The chase for Hargreaves started similarly. Fairly certain Kanoute would jump at the chance/go on strike etc if we were to make a bid.

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Baron

Quote:
Fergie recommended him to his mate 'arry after he played against us in the CL with Macabi Haifa (I think).

For me he's borderline James Beattie - goes on a great run once a year, bangs in 10 in 10 or something & then £#%&!s off into obscurity.

Pointless signing someone who's simply not good enough.

Isn't Saha fit now anyway? Why was he in the squad for Pompey & left out?

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:34 AM
koppas

Quote:
You are probably right but contracts mean nothing nowadays. Didn't United sign Van Der Saar and Saha soon after they had signed new deals at Fulham? The chase for Hargreaves started similarly. Fairly certain Kanoute would jump at the chance/go on strike etc if we were to make a bid.
Thats the attitude we want.

Anyways, your all wrong. The player we need is available on a free.

Unread 20-08-2007, 05:30 PM
legendary saf

Everton pull out of Yakubu deal

Sky Sports News are reporting that Everton have withdrawn their interest in Middlesbrough's Yakubu and won't be paying the reported £12.5m asking price for the striker.

The news agency is also claiming that Everton will turn their attentions to Wagner Love instead.

Unread 20-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Yakubu doesn't look very tall. I might be wrong but I doubt he's bigger than Rooney.
He's 6'.

Unread 20-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Barracuda

Despite appearing to be a fat lazy £#%&!er, Yakubu does have a decent scoring rate. I'd still rather have Anelka every single time though, he's almost perfect for what we need.

Utaka looks a fairly decent player at Portsmouth as well - don't know a lot about him, but he looks very strong and fast. He might have been a good squad player for us.

Unread 20-08-2007, 09:02 PM
jem

Default anelka

is almost perfect, if you don't want someone to hold the ball up or win it in the air. which is.... um.... kind of what we need. I've always liked kanoute (in a manly way). I don't think he's as good as anelka, but he has more to his game. I could live with either of them. um... in a manly way.

I wish there was some hulking bastard who was half-decent, though.
Closed Thread