Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2018, 05:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Jose is his own caretaker manager.

Club is running down his contract.

That's the 'plan'.
Well, can't see any problem with that AT ALL.

Unread 19-08-2018, 05:55 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Jose is his own caretaker manager.

Club is running down his contract.

That's the 'plan'.
Good job they didn’t extend his contract in January then

Oh

Unread 19-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Good job they didn’t extend his contract in January then

Oh
Idiots.

But they'll still be paying him off less if they can hang onto him until next summer, when they shell out big time for Pochettino.

Just 60 mil spent on transfers too. Every little helps.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:02 PM
AK14

Would the board actually pay money to get a Pochettino?

I’m not so sure tbh and I think going by the last three appointments they’ll likely go for a manager out of work or who’s contract will expire in the summer.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:04 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What’s the point in talking about the owners? They’re not going anywhere until they’re good and ready, and even then getting fmv from anyone is going to be nigh on impossible. Lucking into the right components is all we can hope for. We’re a sorry state and I’ve no idea who could redeem us.

Laughing stock.
the reason for talking about them is because they are the root of the problem, all roads lead back to the gimps, 1.8 billion has been sucked out of the club the last 13 years and all that money was not spent on improving the football team, they talk about improving the stadium but then say they are holding that money back to spend on the team, we will never win another league title as long as the gimps are owners, no chance, they spend when they think there golden egg is in danger, they never spend to improve..

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:05 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

I’m not so sure tbh and I think going by the last three appointments they’ll likely go for a manager out of work or who’s contract will expire in the summer.
No and let's be honest, why would he leave to work with an inferior team, in an inferior stadium with stingier owners?

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
The players need to be sacked TONIGHT
I think this is where the staggered transfer window idea could really work in our favour.

ziggyman17

Quote:

more important question is.... would he come here... I have my doubts........

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
No and let's be honest, why would he leave to work with an interior team, in an interior stadium with stingier owners?
the old trafford super dome?

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:10 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the old trafford super dome?
autocorrect ffs

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:26 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
more important question is.... Would he come here... I have my doubts........
100%

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
the reason for talking about them is because they are the root of the problem, all roads lead back to the gimps, 1.8 billion has been sucked out of the club the last 13 years and all that money was not spent on improving the football team, they talk about improving the stadium but then say they are holding that money back to spend on the team, we will never win another league title as long as the gimps are owners, no chance, they spend when they think there golden egg is in danger, they never spend to improve..
And even if we agree 100%, what then? That cannot be changed, so what can be?

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Cream

Quote:

At the moment, Mou's mediocrity is better than Poch's. Trophies and league position.

But maybe they want to see what he can do over a 5 year period with half decent investment (but without Kane and Eriksson).

Fans will give him the time if the footy is more attractive.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Is that Father Damian Karras on the right? Hopefully he causes Ed to fall down a £#%&! load of stairs

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:40 PM
utd99

As worried as we were when Fergie retired, I don’t think it ever entered my mind that we could make this much of a pigs ear of things; that we could have been reduced to such a laughing stock in five short years.

Couldn’t even bring myself to watch tbh.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:43 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Is that Father Damian Karras on the right? Hopefully he causes Ed to fall down a £#%&! load of stairs

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
As worried as we were when Fergie retired, I don’t think it ever entered my mind that we could make this much of a pigs ear of things; that we could have been reduced to such a laughing stock in five short years.

Couldn’t even bring myself to watch tbh.
Has it only been five years ? Our third manager already... perhaps the problem is expectation. How long did Fergie take to heal the pain of 20 odd years in the wilderness ? Fergie was a one off, there will never be the like again, but if Mou is the wrong man, then so is Zizou.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:53 PM
ziggyman17

[quote=Cream;4999895]At the moment, Mou's mediocrity is better than Poch's. Trophies and league position.

But maybe they want to see what he can do over a 5 year period with half decent investment (but without Kane and Eriksson).

Fans will give him the time if the footy is more attractive.[/QUOTE]

scousers winning a couple of league titles in that time will put paid to that..

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:54 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

May was the right time.

A strong club with the right long term planning and foundations would make it but as a club we decided to stumble along.

With the likes of DDG, Pogba and a few others in the squad the next guy has a chance. We need to be realistic (as a fan base & club) and set a long term goal of getting back to the top in three years and Europe in 5. No more short term fixes.

Call Levy tomorrow and offer silly money for Pochetino.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:56 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Has it only been five years ? Our third manager already... perhaps the problem is expectation. How long did Fergie take to heal the pain of 20 odd years in the wilderness ? Fergie was a one off, there will never be the like again, but if Mou is the wrong man, then so is Zizou.
I think the problem might be employing three men who are essentially anti football.

Here's how they should go about it, get a list of 100 managers ring them up one at a time and say "would you ever let fellaini step on the field of play if you were Manchester united manager".

The first @#%&! to say no gets the job.
Closed Thread