United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2018, 07:55 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
That's one of those channels which used to have interesting stuff on, documentaries and whatnot, then ended up full of fake reality show rubbish. So in terms of the PL's future I'd expect further deviation away from what the hardcore audience want in order to chase the lowest common denominator
Yep. Dermot O'Leary getting into dressing rooms pre and post game shoving mics aots within two years . mic'd up refs and head cam star players. Sin bins with duration off pitch decided by twitter like/ fave polls. Celebrity fan compulsary to draft in to one home game PA - bolt

Unread 13-11-2018, 08:20 PM
MrBishi

I'm thinking more along the lines of Dressing Room Wars, featuring faux drama between Jesseh and Fat Luke as they argue over who gets to bang this week's celebrity cameo, some vacuous oxygen thief from one of those ITV2 show things

Unread 13-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I'm thinking more along the lines of Dressing Room Wars, featuring faux drama between Jesseh and Fat Luke as they argue over who gets to bang this week's celebrity cameo, some vacuous oxygen thief from one of those ITV2 show things
Why not tunnel wars like the Vera / Keano one ?

Unread 13-11-2018, 09:27 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Don’t see any particular reason why she shouldn’t be a success in the role tbh. Not like playing the game at a high level is a prerequisite for the role is it? It’s ultimately a business appointment and sounds like her credentials stack up.
Steady on, we haven't found out who she supports yet.

Unread 13-11-2018, 09:28 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Apparently the PL has asked each club to contribute 250k to his golden handshake.

The @#%&! was on over deux milo a year.
Sending him a box of oil smothered cash with a giant shit on it would be a fitting tribute to his time in the job.

Unread 13-11-2018, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Just noticed that can't actually spell Susanna

Unread 14-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just noticed that can't actually spell Susanna
Don't have one in your cellar Ric ?

Unread 14-11-2018, 07:11 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Steady on, we haven't found out who she supports yet.
Fulham.

Unread 14-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Lok

Is being the head of Animal Planet really the right credentials for one of the biggest sporting properties in the world. I can only imagine the NFL and maybe NBA are bigger.

As Bishi says, her time with Animal Planet has seen it move away from being an interesting channel to lowest common denominator shit. When cute animals attack III etc...

I'm surprised they couldn't find anyone better.

Unread 14-11-2018, 09:10 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Is being the head of Animal Planet really the right credentials for one of the biggest sporting properties in the world. I can only imagine the NFL and maybe NBA are bigger.

As Bishi says, her time with Animal Planet has seen it move away from being an interesting channel to lowest common denominator shit. When cute animals attack III etc...

I'm surprised they couldn't find anyone better.
Lowest common denominator shit?

Who better for the Premier League?

Unread 14-11-2018, 09:13 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Fulham.
It’s always a dull and inoffensive team with these people.

Unread 14-11-2018, 05:13 PM
red in cumbria

Do they actually have any "normal" supporters, as opposed to media/business people?

Unread 14-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Lowest common denominator shit?

Who better for the Premier League?
Well said

She'll fit right in. First port of call I should imagine will be taking delivery of a crate of dom perignon in a brand new rolls royce as a 'welcome gift' from Sheikh Mansour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Do they actually have any "normal" supporters, as opposed to media/business people?
Have you ever been to Fulham?

Unread 30-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Fat Al

Not any more.

Changed her mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46718143

Unread 30-12-2018, 08:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Rather £#%&! Fred dineage
you'll be in the pride parade before we know it.

Unread 30-12-2018, 08:58 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Not any more.

Changed her mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46718143
Wow. The PL patriarchy strikes again.

Unread 30-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Switching Off

"Changed her mind"

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:10 PM
windy waffles

Great news.

Should never have been given it in the first place.

Unread 31-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"Changed her mind"
Any particular , say pet based , reason ?

Unread 31-12-2018, 09:16 AM
Hands of Scone

Proof that ladies are far to flighty and delicate for any real position of authority
Closed Thread