Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Stickman

Default Nani

Whats your early thoughts on him?

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ji Sung Park with a good shot, if given space.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:29 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Good player who can potentially be great. Was forced to carry the creative burden of the side at the beginning of the season and did so remarkably well. Can be frustrating at times, due to his inconsistency, but that'll pass.

Good signing.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Honestly Watcher, you know more about football than me but potentially great? C'mon.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
waynes ear's

good player

needs time though

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Stickman

my only worry at this early stage is his apparent lack of footballing brain.

He is different to what we have already however so that could also be a good thing. I have faith he'll be a quality signing though in time.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Barca '91

£#%&!ing gash...will probably do well at spurs though motwyw

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

He is different to what we have already however so that could also be a good thing. I have faith he'll be a quality signing though in time.
he is 20. Give him a chance.

He will prove to be a very good signing as you suggest.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ji Sung Park with a good shot, if given space.
harsh. You love being negative don't you Fuzzy? I think he looks very promising.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

I think he's alright in that respect. Just loses the ball far too much but that can improve. But I honestly have seen nothing to suggest he will be great.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:35 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Honestly Watcher, you know more about football than me but potentially great? C'mon.
I believe so. He has all the attributes (technique wise) to be a top class player. Just needs to learn to play the ball quicker and improve his decision making. The lad has bags of talent.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
harsh. You love being negative don't you Fuzzy? I think he looks very promising.
I mean he's like Park thus far.

Some of the stuff he tries to pull off is silly, like lobbing the ball head height for no apparent reason and then almost taking a Roma players head off.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Tronics

He's a much more potent threat then Giggs or Park on the flanks.

But he still lacks the passing selection and general football brain that Giggs has despites his obvious dip in pace.

With a bit of time im sure Nani will come as Evra and Vidic demonstrated.

Still don't see the point in playing that headless chicked that is Park on the flanks.

His first touch is soo bad it normally brings him to far inside or to far outside that its a throw in or free kick.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
he is 20. Give him a chance.

He will prove to be a very good signing as you suggest.
I am all for giving him a chance.

Just stating my one concern...and its quite a big one, but im sure his talent will shine through.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Magic Kenny

Quote:
Whats your early thoughts on him?
He looks like the Ethiopian lad from South Park.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:58 PM
borsuk

what watcher said. he's got all the tools to be a great player. lots to learn, especially in terms of decision-making, but fantastic potential and, from what i have seen, a very good attitude.

Unread 03-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Mr_Ed

[Dons tin hat]

In Ronaldo's first season all he brought to the table was an ability to dribble past people with little end product... You could see the potential which he is now reaching...

Nani is doing ok and given a run in the side would be better - he just needs time. He is far better than Park.

Unread 03-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Magic Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
[Dons tin hat]

In Ronaldo's first season all he brought to the table was an ability to dribble past people with little end product... You could see the potential which he is now reaching...

Nani is doing ok and given a run in the side would be better - he just needs time. He is far better than Park.
I disagree

If Park can keep himself fit I would start him in front of Granny every day of the week.

Unread 03-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Kennys £#%&! Wagon
I disagree

If Park can keep himself fit I would start him in front of Granny every day of the week.
Mental.

Park's industry lends itself to the Benitez school of football, but Nanis shown more in a few fleeting appearances & goals against Spurs & notably that run from the halfway line & 30 yarder against Boro that he's well capable of making an impact. He's got a decent first touch as well compared to Park, that lad can run a £#%&!ing mile but he's not a very good footballer. Happy to have him in the squad mind as the attitude goes a long way.

Unread 03-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Grimson

I thi-
Closed Thread