United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
carlosartorial

Default I've accidentally become the coach/assistant manager of a kids football team

Not quite sure how this has happened, but it has.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:13 AM
ReligiousRed

Default Re: I've accidentally become the coach/assistant manager of a kids football team

I dont know of a single man who becomes a coach of a kids football team by choice just one of those things mate, my old man had it and i expect i will in time .... good luck with it

I think their are rules to avoiding it...

Never turn up every week.
dont carry balls or drinks back to changing room.
Never stand near the half time team talk.
Never give kids other than your own a lift on a regular basis

avoid these and you are half way there.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Re: I've accidentally become the coach/assistant manager of a kids football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Thats how it happened for me, turned up to watch my lad and got asked to help out....i now run the team.
Really enjoy it but some saturdays I could just do with a lie in.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Pop

#@&%!tastic opportunity.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
#@&%!tastic opportunity.
£#%&!sake Pop. I like you but sometimes you need to tone it down.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:24 AM
no fun

I did it for 3 years

the politics of team selection, Mums nagging because Timothy couldnt play centre forward, Mums nagging because Jack played 5 minutes less than Joshua, Mums nagging because I emotionally damaged Nathaniel by suggesting he learns to take a throw in without jumping off the ground - all became too much

good luck with it.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM
carlosartorial

Plenty of important decisions to be made over the coming months.

Once I get my head straight on how I'm going to approach this from a clothes point of view I'll start thinking about the football side of things.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:27 AM
denis lawless

coaching kids = babysitting

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: I've accidentally become the coach/assistant manager of a kids football team

Not entirely sure what relevance a picture of Hulk Hogan kicking someone in the face has, ear's.....but thanks for your contribution anyway.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:36 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Tell the parents you like the Dutch stylee.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:37 AM
elephantstone

go old school Carlo and get a sheepskin coat.....it will all fall into place after that.

Good luck

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:39 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I did it for 3 years

the politics of team selection, Mums nagging because Timothy couldnt play centre forward, Mums nagging because Jack played 5 minutes less than Joshua, Mums nagging because I emotionally damaged Nathaniel by suggesting he learns to take a throw in without jumping off the ground - all became too much

good luck with it.
Knightsbridge or Church of England team?

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:40 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
go old school Carlo and get a sheepskin coat.....it will all fall into place after that.

Good luck
If I was actual manager I'd have done that already.

I'm coach though, it's tricky but I'm determined not to go the Phelan route. (Shorts, boots, tache etc)

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:44 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
If I was actual manager I'd have done that already.

I'm coach though, it's tricky but I'm determined not to go the Phelan route. (Shorts, boots, tache etc)
Padded jacket then with initials

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Padded jacket then with initials

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
jaffo

Carlo, you must read Jim White's You'll Win Nothing With Kids. It'll give you an idea of what you're getting into

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:47 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Carlo, you must read Jim White's You'll Win Nothing With Kids. It'll give you an idea of what you're getting into
Read it on holiday last year, jaff. Good book.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:47 AM
HarkNowHear

Guess whos reffin when the man in black doesnt show.

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:49 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Not entirely sure what relevance a picture of Hulk Hogan kicking someone in the face has, ear's.....but thanks for your contribution anyway.
it represents what your half time team talks will look like
Closed Thread