United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
You have to wonder why wait not straight after the Liverpool game or first thing yesterday.

I suspect that something has happened in the 24 hours since that has forced the board to act otherwise it would have been business as usual.

Like agents of certain players telling Woodward "it's us or him".

Then Woodward has to protect his assets which are the players in today's game.

Managers are rarely sacked on match day. Usually the Monday or Tuesday.

Was the case with Moyes, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Solskjaer. Stays on here!
I'd £#%&!ing love that

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Sparky***

Big Brenters on the scene

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:14 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Someone steeped in united tradition?

who's that then??

Fergie!

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Should be our director of football

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:17 PM
75Red

Well, I'm giddy as, although I know there's a lot of work to do whoever gets the job.
I just want to look forward to going to matches and enjoy watching United again.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:17 PM
AK14

Evra?

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Buck

Mourinho the first United manager to be sacked before Christmas since Ron Atkinson

Stars are lining up for a Fergie comeback

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Mr_Ed

I’m hearing Sean Dyche

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:19 PM
puressence

solskjaer on his way

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hearing LvG coming back to finish what he started (to relegate us).

Why do you have a lvg ava? Why are you calling the man who will by May 2019 have overseen 6 managerial appointments at the club "Eddie". No shame?
Woah

dunk

The only thing the interim fella needs to do is restore some positivity, get the players enjoying their football and the fans enjoying watching it again, and avoid the EL. No pressure on league position or trophies or any of that shit.

Get them going over Christmas and through Jan and see what happens when that huge period in Feb comes around.

This could've been the perfect time to get rid.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:21 PM
puressence

exciting aint it ...

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
He's a gimp but I do find myself agreeing with him a lot.

Just hope he find someone some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
solskjaer on his way
First game at old club Cardiff

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
exciting aint it ...
It really is

Honestly feels like a huge black cloud has been blown clean away.

I might even check the fixtures

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The only thing the interim fella needs to do is restore some positivity, get the players enjoying their football and the fans enjoying watching it again, and avoid the EL. No pressure on league position or trophies or any of that shit.

Get them going over Christmas and through Jan and see what happens when that huge period in Feb comes around.

Exactly.

I think they will almost by default.

I'd go with someone with a connection to the club. The club has never felt less like Manchester United than it has now. Hiring a Solskjaer, Keane, Butt, Carrick would straight away bring a familiar connection back. They would instantly care and they could do their job with no pressure.

Get some positivity back and our better players will look better too. I don't want Pogba, Martial, Rashford, fred and Shaw to leave the club because of Jose Mourinho. Get these lads playing. They're the exciting ones and the ones with the potential to kick on. Use this time to be positive and do the hard work behind the scenes.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Exactly.

I think they will almost by default.

I'd go with someone with a connection to the club. The club has never felt less like Manchester United than it has now. Hiring a Solskjaer, Keane, Butt, Carrick would straight away bring a familiar connection back. They would instantly care and they could do their job with no pressure.

Get some positivity back and our better players will look better too. I don't want Pogba, Martial, Rashford, fred and Shaw to leave the club because of Jose Mourinho. Get these lads playing. They're the exciting ones and the ones with the potential to kick on. Use this time to be positive and do the hard work behind the scenes.
All sounds very Anfield Boot Room, la. End up with Roy Jones.

Get someone mad.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Sandman

It'll probably be Queiroz, and farewell to any idea of us playing attacking football till the end of the season.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
It'll probably be Queiroz, and farewell to any idea of us playing attacking football till the end of the season.
Even Carlos Q's football would be sweet relief after that thunder@#%&!.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
All sounds very Anfield Boot Room, la. End up with Roy Jones.

Get someone mad.
In the short term, yeah it is.

It's what we need right now.

Long term, not so much.

Unread 18-12-2018, 12:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

So pressure on league position then
Closed Thread