United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Everton - The Official Thread

Presumably Fergie'll have to have some kinda tinker. I wouldn't.

Eddster
O 'Pie
Wes
Gabby
Senegalses Superman
Ronnie
Carrick
Fletcher
Scholes
Giggs
Rooneh

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:27 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Eddster
O 'Pie
Wes
Gabby
Senegalses Superman
Ronnie
Carrick
Fletcher
Scholes
Giggs
Rooneh

expect smith to play giggles to the bench

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Whalefish

Richardson and Smith in.

I'm expecting a 3-1 Everton victory. We'll be knackered, one eye on Tuesday etc etc.

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
expect smith to play giggles to the bench
You may be right, I hope you're not. There's so few games left I suggest we stick with our best team.

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Whalefish

We need the strongest starting XI. There's three days break until the AC Milan tie so they should all be fine.

We haven't been playing that well in the league of late and we need a big performance tomorrow against an Everton side which whilst not the most creative is pretty solid at the back and difficult to break down.

Also I fear for our defence if Johnson plays. His pace will cause us all sorts of problems.

We could do without conceeding cheap free kicks either. They're very good from set pieces.

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Rossi the Red

I reckon Smithy will defo be involved!

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:40 AM
turkred

should go 4 4 2 with ronaldo carrick scholes giggs midfield, smith with rooney up front in for fletcher.

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkred
should go 4 4 2 with ronaldo carrick scholes giggs midfield, smith with rooney up front in for fletcher.
I wouldn't be averse to that, though Fletcher did OK midweek and it'd be a touch harsh to drop him.

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:51 AM
borsuk

vds
pie - brown - gabby - evra
fletcher - carrick - richardson
ole - smith - ronnie/rooney (a half each)

scrappy 2-1 win for us. that'll do.

Unread 27-04-2007, 07:51 AM
turkred

agreed but no point in being caegy in a game like this. Attack is the best form of defence

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Richardson? £#%&! off. This is a tough match no time for your Richardsons.

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Richardson? £#%&! off. This is a tough match no time for your Richardsons.
Jesus! How many £#%&!ing Richardsons have we got?

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:03 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Eddster
O 'Pie
Wes
Gabby
Senegalses Superman
Ronnie
Carrick
Fletcher
Scholes
Giggs
Rooneh
But Bedders, Fletcher is a coward. Why would you want him in your side?

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
vds
pie - brown - gabby - evra
fletcher - carrick - richardson
ole - smith - ronnie/rooney (a half each)

scrappy 2-1 win for us. that'll do.
Don't think that starting XI is good enough to beat Everton, sorry.

We can't afford to £#%&! about. Chelsea will hammer Bolton and we need to go to the Bridge with a 3 point cushion at least.

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:04 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkred
Agree. We really can't afford to drob anymore points in the League, so we must start the strongest possible XI. Worry about the Milan game afterwards.

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
But Bedders, Fletcher is a coward. Why would you want him in your side?
He's had a couple of decent games in Europe so he should have a good shot at keeping his place. Hopefully he can continue working hard until seasons end and we get Hargreaves in and can forget him. Btw, I'm being kind not mentioning Pompey. Oops just did.

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:11 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Agree. We really can't afford to drob anymore points in the League, so we must start the strongest possible XI. Worry about the Milan game afterwards.
I think he will.

I think it'll be the same side that started on Tuesday and he'll look to get Giggs and Scholes of at the earliest opportunity.

No one else really needs a rest.

It's imperative we start well.

No more early errors like at Fulham and Portsmouth that give the home side a huge boost and leave us chasing the game.

We've scored in the opening ten minutes of our last four games and we should look to do so again.

Everton will fight and be very organised, so we need to match them for effort and concentration because they certainly can't match us for technical ability.

Chelsea will beat Bolton, but if I believe that the next two prem games are the key. If we win them then we will be champions.

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
He's had a couple of decent games in Europe so he should keep his place. Hopefully he can continue working hard until seasons end and we get Hargreaves in and can forget him. Btw, I'm being kind not mentioning Pompey.
I know. I'm only on a wind up. I'm not his biggest fan either, but he's shown he could be a decent squad member with some consistency. Credit where it's due. These are situations where I like to be proved wrong.
He seems to thrive on having a little responsibility and a genuine show of faith.
With the games coming thick and fast and results being the key, I think his energy and effort will be important to us......especially if the rumours about Park's season being over are true.

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I know. I'm only on a wind up. I'm not his biggest fan either, but he's shown he could be a decent squad member with some consistency. Credit where it's due. These are situations where I like to be proved wrong.
He seems to thrive on having a little responsibility and a genuine show of faith.
With the games coming thick and fast and results being the key, I think his energy and effort will be important to us......especially if the rumours about Park's season being over are true.
A lot's being based on performing competently and with energy in 3 games but basically I agree with you. He's done the job asked well enough and so will be OK on the bench next season behind Hargreaves, Carrick and Scholes. I still think he'll be gone in 18 months.

Unread 27-04-2007, 08:26 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
A lot's being based on performing competently and with energy in 3 games but basically I agree with you. He's done the job asked well enough and so will be OK on the bench next season behind Hargreaves, Carrick and Scholes. I still think he'll be gone in 18 months.
It depends what your job is.

Someone like Keiran Richardson will always come off worse because he is a winger. Wingers are expected to make a difference in the attacking third. They need genuine talent. They need to score, assist, attack. They need skill.
It's a glamorous role and he's a victim of his own position aswell as his own lack of talent.
Fletcher has been given a job in the last two Euro ties. It's unglamorous. Get stuck in, hassle, rush players, niggle away, chase back.
Frill free football. Makele is considered so good at sitting in front of the back four that they actually name the postion afet him - the Makele role. But it'll never win you a PFA award.

But that's pretty much his job and he did his job. He did everything that was asked of him and also offered an attacking outlet at points.
I actually think his forward runs are an underrated part of his game. He really gets in the area a lot and has a knack for the late runs. His goal at Boro was like that. He did the same on Tuesday and were it not for Dida he would have scored. He had two good chances at Portsmouth from decent runs too.

His pass completion rate is still not good enough and, although it has improved, he still needs to work on his strength (I still don't know why they haven't got him in the weights room).

Believe me, I'm not suddenly sold on him, but he has shown enough to suggest he can be a useful player and offer us something and with the squad so thin and games coming thick and fast I think we'll be very grateful for him.
Closed Thread