United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:48 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Robins, Notman, Healy, Ebanks-Blake, Rossi....

Most of the above achieved more in the United 1st team than Campbell has thus far.
Notman played probably one game.

Healy, the same.

Ebanks-blake. Carling cup.

Rossi can get to £#%&!.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Ginners

campbell is definitely going to be a 1st choice utd player

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
campbell is definitely going to be a 1st choice utd player
No he's not.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:

Most of the above achieved more in the United 1st team than Campbell has thus far.
Touch harsh for someone of your knowledge of youth teams, dunk? Robins I'll give you, Rossi too but the rest...?

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Notman played probably one game.

Healy, the same.

Ebanks-blake. Carling cup.

Rossi can get to £#%&!.
I didn't say all.

Ebanks-Blake scored for United in a competitive game, as did Rossi, Healy hit the post with a header on his debut and went on to become Northern Ireland's Top goalscorer, Notman was doing well at Norwich until his career was ended by injury.

They all came through and achieved things at differenet levels.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Ginners

Quote:
No he's not.
he will score 20 goals in a season for utd. this is a fact. feel free to quote me on it.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
he will score 20 goals in a season for utd. this is a fact. feel free to quote me on it.
This quote is bullshit.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Touch harsh for someone of your knowledge of youth teams, dunk? Robins I'll give you, Rossi too but the rest...?
The point being that Campbell has done nothing for United yet. The point was that he was the first striker through since Hughes, when all the players I named had come through, done something in the 1st team and made a career at some level, so kind of unfair to class Campbell above them just yet.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Rhodzy

Great performance by Fraizer, always rated him.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:58 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Great performance by Fraizer, always rated him.
I just KNEW you would crop eventually.

Unread 12-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
I just KNEW you would crop eventually.
I've only just logged on.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:00 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I've only just logged on.
Hello Frazier. Posting on his Blackberry in the dressing room.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:03 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
The point being that Campbell has done nothing for United yet. The point was that he was the first striker through since Hughes, when all the players I named had come through, done something in the 1st team and made a career at some level, so kind of unfair to class Campbell above them just yet.
I take your point about Campbell-- I'm not getting carried away either -- but more commenting on the basis of the comparisons you make.

You mentioned Healy did more at Utd, then point out that all he did for the first team was hit the post with a header. His best work has been done elsewhere. Same applies to Notman. Ebanks-Blake has scored, sure, but at home to Barnet in the last minute of a won game!

It's also a bit unfair to compare players firmly into their professional career with those just starting out and say the inexperienced one has the inferior record. It surprises me cos you're normally very knowledgeable about our youth team, far more than me.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:05 PM
wonky no

Quote:

i meant he 'will' be. i thought rossi was going to be.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:10 PM
wonky no

robins played more games than the others but mainly off the bench. by 'main' i mean first choice within a partnership.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Whalefish

I'll give you one thing Celts, the lad looks to have got a touch stronger. Held his own against some bigger men than him tonight. He's got promise but it's just that for me at the moment.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
I take your point about Campbell-- I'm not getting carried away either -- but more commenting on the basis of the comparisons you make.

You mentioned Healy did more at Utd, then point out that all he did for the first team was hit the post with a header. His best work has been done elsewhere. Same applies to Notman. Ebanks-Blake has scored, sure, but at home to Barnet in the last minute of a won game!

It's also a bit unfair to compare players firmly into their professional career with those just starting out and say the inexperienced one has the inferior record. It surprises me cos you're normally very knowledgeable about our youth team, far more than me.
I was just pointing out strikers that have successfully come through the youth system since Hughes and ones that actually played for United along the way, rather than the Danny Webber's that left before they really played.

Wonks, I know what you mean, but I have a feeling young Mr. Welbeck may well beat him to the punch

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

I like the look of Wellbeck.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Danny Webber
Jeez, I'd forgotten all about him.

Unread 12-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Whalefish