United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Sloane

Default Re: the build up to Wednesday thread.

we will do it

Unread 25-01-2010, 12:06 PM
MUFC One Love

I can't wait. I think Fergie will have our players fired up, and after Tevez being a @#%&! in the first leg I think our players will definitely be up for it. I can see a few tasty challenges from our players on Wednesday. Hopefully Brown will be back at right back, Bellamy will get browned.

Unread 25-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I can't wait. I think Fergie will have our players fired up, and after Tevez being a @#%&! in the first leg I think our players will definitely be up for it. I can see a few tasty challenges from our players on Wednesday. Hopefully Brown will be back at right back, Bellamy will get browned.
I £#%&!ing hope so. Tevez and Bellamy need to be kept £#%&!ing quiet.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Surfers do Charlie

I'm feeling physically sick already.

I just hope that Fergie doesn't bottle it and pay them too much respect. At least there's none of that away goals %@#$&!s that gives the away team too much of an advantage.

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:12 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
I'm feeling physically sick already.

I just hope that Fergie doesn't bottle it and pay them too much respect. At least there's none of that away goals %@#$&!s that gives the away team too much of an advantage.
Away goals count after extra time

Unread 25-01-2010, 01:20 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! the bertie @#%&!s right up the shitbox

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:21 PM
The Mull

I'm going to get bladdered. hth assists

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:23 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I'm going to get bladdered. hth assists
What he said.

Unread 25-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Zorg

Remember the 1994 cup semi against Oldham, the one where Hughes scored that last-minute volley...in the first game Neil Pointon was allowed to ride roughshod over the United players as there was no Keane or Cantona.

Within 1 minute of the replay kicking off, Keane decided to remind Pointon that he wouldn't enjoy himself so much a second time:

This is what's required.

Unread 25-01-2010, 03:05 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Remember the 1994 cup semi against Oldham, the one where Hughes scored that last-minute volley...in the first game Neil Pointon was allowed to ride roughshod over the United players as there was no Keane or Cantona.

Within 1 minute of the replay kicking off, Keane decided to remind Pointon that he wouldn't enjoy himself so much a second time:

YouTube- Roy Keane tackle on Neil Pointon

This is what's required.

Exactly.

£#%&!ing legend was Keano.His mindset and determination were second to none.If we had a Vieira type stituation, like at Highbury, I wonder who'd be our Keane-type 'equaliser' now Can only think of Rooney really

Unread 25-01-2010, 03:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Exactly.

£#%&!ing legend was Keano.His mindset and determination were second to none.If we had a Vieira type stituation, like at Highbury, I wonder who'd be our Keane-type 'equaliser' now Can only think of Rooney really
If Wazza does that on Wednesday though, He's off. No if's or but's.
The Ref's are trigger happy with their cards when it comes to us this season & certain players are higher on their hitlist (Fletch & Rooney in particular)
That's the trouble. I'd love to see some retribution dished out to Tevez & Bellamy, but I don't wanna have to play the majority of the game with ten men.

Not sure what I feel about the result on Wednesday...one minute I feel confident that we'll batter them, but the next I have vision's of them grabbing at least 2 on the counter attack ala' the match earlier in the season.

Unread 25-01-2010, 03:42 PM
red in cumbria

No Foster in goal this time though, MJ

Unread 25-01-2010, 03:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
No Foster in goal this time though, MJ
Good point.
Probably no Rio either...I'm sure the FA are rushing through the paperwork as we speak to get his ban imposed in time for him to miss Wednesday's game.

Unread 25-01-2010, 04:08 PM
red in cumbria

Shurely we could appeal though, which *must* push it past Weds??

Am somewhat resigned to him missing Arsenal though (even if he gets away with a 1 match ban)

Unread 25-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Sloppy

Watch out for 'smoke bombs' http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum...9585&start=140

Unread 25-01-2010, 04:14 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
We should make sure the stewards are aware of that, keep them locked out like last week and every single one of them is checked.

Unread 25-01-2010, 07:25 PM
wiganste

This is the biggest game of the season so far, make no mistake about that.
I have little or no affection for the League Cup, we always have bigger fish to fry. And I think
Fergie's team selections over the years backs up everyones thought on the competition. However, it is a good
platform for our reserve/fringe players to show us what they are made of.

Anyway, I digress.

This game is £#%&!ing huge. We have to stop them getting to Wembley. We have to make sure it's 34 years.
I couldn't bear it if they beat us, listening to 9000 divs singing 'Blue moon' or 'Wemberley' as we left the stadium.
I want to see them crushed. I want to see tears, not only from the fans but the players, Gary Cook, Eddie Large, Les Battersby & Curly Watts
I want to see Les Battersby & Curly Watts in the White Lion, getting @#%&!ted on vodka. No shots, bottles. I want to see Les Battersny forget which caravan he lives in and I want to see Curly Watts emptying bins near Coronation Street..
I want to see Neville taking the piss out of Tevez or kicking him in the %@#$&!s. I want to see Fergie calling Mancini a £#%&!er. I want to see every one of those 9000 divs making their way back to town/Stockport absolutely distraught, as though they've lost the will to live.
I want to sing
"Blue Moon
You started singing too soon
Now you're crying those tears
It's been 34 years"

So there you have it. Shite cup, shite competition, massive, massive game. Come on the reds!

Edit: More than anything, I want to see Michael Owen scoring the goal that knocks them out in the 95th min. When only 2 mins went up on the board

Unread 25-01-2010, 07:30 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I have little or no affection for the League Cup, we always have bigger fish to fry. And I think
Fergie's team selections over the years backs up everyones thought on the competition. However, it is a good

Anyway, I digress.

This game is £#%&!ing huge. We have to stop them getting to Wembley. We have to make sure it's 34 years.
I couldn't bear it if they beat us, listening to 9000 divs singing 'Blue moon' or 'Wemberley' as we left the stadium.
I want to see them crushed. I want to see tears, not only from the fans but the players, Gary Cook, Eddie Large, Les Battersby & Curly Watts
I want to see Les Battersby & Curly Watts in the White Lion, getting @#%&!ted on vodka. No shots, bottles. I want to see Les Battersny forget which caravan he lives in and I want to see Curly Watts emptying bins near Coronation Street..
I want to see Neville taking the piss out of Tevez or kicking him in the %@#$&!s. I want to see Fergie calling Mancini a £#%&!er. I want to see every one of those 9000 divs making their way back to town/Stockport absolutely distraught, as though they've lost the will to live.
I want to sing
"Blue Moon
It's been 34 years"

So there you have it. Shite cup, shite competition, massive, massive game. Come on the reds!

Edit: More than anything, I want to see Michael Owen scoring the goal that knocks them out in the 95th min. When only 2 mins went up on the board
ste no songs remember

Unread 25-01-2010, 07:46 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Anyway, I digress.

I want to sing
"Blue Moon
It's been 34 years"

Post of the year so far.

Unread 25-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Charlestown Rouge

2-0 United.

Maybe even 3-0.
Closed Thread