United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2022, 11:52 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He's staying for another two years, which is where the analogy falls flat.
But we don't know in what capacity he's staying though. He's not going to be director of football, he'll be a "consultant".

No one actually knows what that means -- it could be a hands-on role for recruitment and development (which he'd be well suited to) or it could be firing off the odd email from his home in Germany...

Unread 13-01-2022, 03:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
But we don't know in what capacity he's staying though. He's not going to be director of football, he'll be a "consultant".

No one actually knows what that means -- it could be a hands-on role for recruitment and development (which he'd be well suited to) or it could be firing off the odd email from his home in Germany...
I suspect this.

Working from home, odd email send here and there, a Teams chat whilst in his gruds and a few whatsapp messages on the company chat. Nothing more. He's probably been offered a 'consultancy' role so he can be kept on the books for a couple of years and give him a few more quid for daring to take on this shower of shite and to recover from the psychological damage it will probably cause him.

Unread 13-01-2022, 03:05 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Not really. He's staying for another two years, which is where the analogy falls flat.
Exactly

Some people are dense

Unread 13-01-2022, 04:31 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Exactly

Some people are dense
Jeeez...

Some people take things waaaaaaaaaaaaay too literally.

Unread 13-01-2022, 04:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Sad thing in modern football media don’t help, they create these sorts of environments . Never used to hear about warchest, DNA , philosophy. Etc etc

Same media are spouting the story of not playing for an interim when they never say that yo any other club. Problem is the thick shits at Manchester United just let it bleed into their mindset

WRT interim, any self respecting professional would still try as they play for the club to win. If not for the club, to respect themselves to try to do their best. Unfortunately we are full of shit @#%&!s. It doesn’t matter if he is here for 6 months or not. Last time we went on a 12 game winning run.

A lot comes down to have shit full backs and a Central midfield. Murtough seems to really like ralf so hopefully he actually has a role post interim .

Ronaldo hit the nail on the head and he clearly is backing Ralf. We need some new blood into this team. Hopefully zakaria signs and we manage to get one more in. We also need to get rid of the bloated squad, likes of lingard and martial who wants to leave but doesn’t lower his £#%&!ing wages oi actually push a move. Pogba will stay till the summer .

But lingard, martial, Bailey, Henderson and maybe VDB could and more to the point should leave this January.

Unread 14-01-2022, 10:43 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Sad thing in modern football media don’t help, they create these sorts of environments . Never used to hear about warchest, DNA , philosophy. Etc etc

Same media are spouting the story of not playing for an interim when they never say that yo any other club. Problem is the thick shits at Manchester United just let it bleed into their mindset

WRT interim, any self respecting professional would still try as they play for the club to win. If not for the club, to respect themselves to try to do their best. Unfortunately we are full of shit @#%&!s. It doesn’t matter if he is here for 6 months or not. Last time we went on a 12 game winning run.

A lot comes down to have shit full backs and a Central midfield. Murtough seems to really like ralf so hopefully he actually has a role post interim

Ronaldo hit the nail on the head and he clearly is backing Ralf. We need some new blood into this team. Hopefully zakaria signs and we manage to get one more in. We also need to get rid of the bloated squad, likes of lingard and martial who wants to leave but doesn’t lower his £#%&!ing wages oi actually push a move. Pogba will stay till the summer .

But lingard, martial, Bailey, Henderson and maybe VDB could and more to the point should leave this January.
With you all the way here mate but I don’t care if they put Pep, Klopp or a reincarnation of Fergie in charge… they are not in charge.

Unread 14-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
100%

He has inherited a shit squad with no time available.
No. He’s inherited a very good, but bloated squad with splits in the dressing room. Not the long term dressing room issues either. It should be relatively easily repairable with good management and backing above him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well Ole had 3 years to bed in a culture in the dressing room and he clearly wasn't a strong enough personality to keep the c***s in check.
No manager will if there’s a bottleneck above the manager with buying and selling. Not to mention whether those above him are still undermining a manager’s authority by valuing commercial aspects above football.

Quote:
Ragnick is what he is. A bloke who's a consultant doing an interim job because our no1 choice isn't available. he'll be taking notes no doubt about who the f***ing bad eggs are who need f***ing off though.
Doesn’t really matter if the bottleneck above stops fast action. Identifying the bad eggs isn’t a problem. It’s doing something about it. Ole effectively sold half the squad he inherited, but I reckon there were 5 or 6 bad eggs that he still wanted f***ing off 3 years into the job. And you can guarantee ronaldo and cavani were only bought because of the problems getting first choice targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Ralf doing a good job in horrific circumstances.

Whoever coming in after Ole was always going to have a big clean up job.

3 years of nonsense. Funny how some people are more critical after 3 weeks of Rangnick than they were after 3 years of Ole. Agendas all over the shop. Little rats, we won.
f*** right off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou

I suspect it’s a financial enticement to persuade him to leave his previous role and take a 6 month management job. Very disappointing that even he didn’t know the detail of what it actually meant when he took the job. Though hopefully, that’s because both parties may well be thinking him continuing as manager is a possibility.

Doesn’t say much for murtough and fletcher that they want to consult with an outsider. Based on that alone, any club worth their salt would give rangnick murtough’s job, with murtough and fletcher being mentored by him.

Unread 14-01-2022, 02:28 PM
tatty

There isn’t a player, bar Greenwood, that I’d be sorry to see go between now and the summer.

I want RR to slash and burn his way through the squad.

Unread 14-01-2022, 03:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
No. He’s inherited a very good, but bloated squad with splits in the dressing room. Not the long term dressing room issues either. It should be relatively easily repairable with good management and backing above him..
The more days pass the more I give credit for ole doing somewhat of a decent job. The board and recruitment have hindered us for years. I don’t think the squad is very good. The measuring stick for me would be how many of these guys can challenge, not walk in, but challenge to get into the teams of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea , Bayern , Madrid etc

De gea, , varane, Ronaldo, Bruno, Sancho, greenwood and maybe cavani.

Only one of our defenders can challenge to get into any one of the top winning sides. That should tell you enough. I think we have very good forwards but it stops there.

I’m not asking for a lot , just players who can challenge other players

Henderson, AWB ,dalot, maguire , lindelof, Bailey, Jones, shaw, telles, mcfred, matic, VDb, pogba, lingard , martial, rashford (on current form)

You wouldn’t trust any one of those players to break into any of the top teams.

I understand no team has a perfect squad of 22 that gets into every other team. All I will ask is 5 players from our midfield or defence who could break into another team. Il give you varane and Bruno . Give me three players from our defence or midfield who could challenge the ones in the top teams.

It’s not good enough. We need two new full backs , a CB and two CMs . That’s half a team.

Unread 14-01-2022, 07:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It’s not good enough. We need two new full backs , a CB and two CMs . That’s half a team.
And 3 years ago, we needed a full team and another 8 players on top. At city it would have all been done inside 12 months, with fine tuning only required after that. At united it takes 3-5 years. Players the manager doesn’t want left festering in the squad, whilst also having to make last minute panic buys for the short term because it’s better than nothing.

We also need a striker, which I assume haaland was the long term target. And now a gk, whether that’s Henderson or someone bought. That’s the thing with a bottleneck in buying and selling players. Once you’ve finally addressed some issues, other issues have presented themselves. You never catch up, and you’re always making do.

Unread 14-01-2022, 08:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
And 3 years ago, we needed a full team and another 8 players on top. At city it would have all been done inside 12 months, with fine tuning only required after that. At united it takes 3-5 years. Players the manager doesn’t want left festering in the squad, whilst also having to make last minute panic buys for the short term because it’s better than nothing.

We also need a striker, which I assume haaland was the long term target. And now a gk, whether that’s Henderson or someone bought. That’s the thing with a bottleneck in buying and selling players. Once you’ve finally addressed some issues, other issues have presented themselves. You never catch up, and you’re always making do.

I hope we push for that vlahovic in the summer. But we will chase haaland and lose out

Unread 14-01-2022, 08:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
I hope we push for that vlahovic in the summer. But we will chase haaland and lose out
I think they’ve already resigned themselves to defeat on the mutant.

Johnathon David
The lad at Benfica (Nunez?)
Vlahovic

There are a few options. We won’t get any.

Unread 14-01-2022, 08:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think they’ve already resigned themselves to defeat on the mutant.

Johnathon David
The lad at Benfica (Nunez?)
Vlahovic

There are a few options. We won’t get any.
Haaland will go to psg , Chelsea or madrid

Guardiola has had fights with raiola, he’s already said Bayern can’t afford him . Barcelona are broke .

Vlahovic is young , proven , looks to be physically capable of playing in the prem and his agent isn’t raiola. I think his contract runs out summer 2023 aswell. It’s a no brainier we should be in for him or at the very least get him in the summer.

It’s my own fault, I don’t know why I have hope when the club has failed for 12 years. Even the players have given up on the club .

Unread 14-01-2022, 08:52 PM
dunk

Arsenal, Spurs, Atletico and City all fancy Vlahovic according to rumours. £65-80m.

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Arsenal, Spurs, Atletico and City all fancy Vlahovic according to rumours. £65-80m.
Offer them martial and 30 mill

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:10 PM
Pop

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:20 PM
M33mike

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:25 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by M33mike

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:30 PM
dunk

Our collective managers’ refusing to put an extra body/Beek on the pitch when we’re being overran is £#%&!ing baffling.

Unread 15-01-2022, 09:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Our collective managers’ refusing to put an extra body/Beek on the pitch when we’re being overran is f***ing baffling.
I’d love to know the reason. Pretty sure we’d probably make the same decision with the same info.
Closed Thread