United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 10:48 AM
armchair
 
Default

Starts Saturday.
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 10:50 AM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Starts Saturday.
Need to give him at least a 5 games starting stretch at some point before binning him imo.

Iím sure Souness thought the same of Ali Dia too though.
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Sharders
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Starts Saturday.
Hope so. Great player. He must be doing something wrong in training. Definitely lacking confidence or teamwork or something. Play him and give him time.
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 11:42 AM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

If, by this stage, the lad isn't agitating for a move himself he must have just given up on football altogether. You would think that any committed pro would be kicking the manager's door down in a use me or lose me!!! fit of frustration.
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 12:07 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane View Post
If, by this stage, the lad isn't agitating for a move himself he must have just given up on football altogether. You would think that any committed pro would be kicking the manager's door down in a use me or lose me!!! fit of frustration.
Unless there's no clubs actually in for him because he's not that good..
bunker baiter
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 12:41 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Unless there's no clubs actually in for him because he's not that good..
bunker baiter
Shirley Ajax, they loved him there.
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 04:35 PM
goldfinger II
 
Default

I think the problem is that though nominally, he is a "midfielder," he seems to do his best work in and around the opposition's box. His awareness and composure in those areas seems to be very good. He wants to be up there all the time, I reckon.

Though decent at everything, and willing, he is not a real midfielder in that he doesn't have the ability to screen the back four or face the play and distribute the ball effectively. I would have liked to have seen him given a run in one of the two midfield positions just to see if he could be useful there. I suspect we didn't see that because the manager had come to the conclusion early on that he couldn't play in one of those positions effectively, and so there was no point trying it. Who knows?

He seems a good sort and would probably be very good in a Lampard-like position in a midfield three, but we don't play that formation. Maybe playing as one of the advanced midfielders in a 4-2-2-2 formation would suit him, if we were to go back to that.

It was bad move for him and us. Absolutely reeks of Woodward.
 
Unread 14-01-2022, 04:42 PM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II View Post
I think the problem is that though nominally, he is a "midfielder," he seems to do his best work in and around the opposition's box. His awareness and composure in those areas seems to be very good. He wants to be up there all the time, I reckon.

Though decent at everything, and willing, he is not a real midfielder in that he doesn't have the ability to screen the back four or face the play and distribute the ball effectively. I would have liked to have seen him given a run in one of the two midfield positions just to see if he could be useful there. I suspect we didn't see that because the manager had come to the conclusion early on that he couldn't play in one of those positions effectively, and so there was no point trying it. Who knows?

He seems a good sort and would probably be very good in a Lampard-like position in a midfield three, but we don't play that formation. Maybe playing as one of the advanced midfielders in a 4-2-2-2 formation would suit him, if we were to go back to that.

It was bad move for him and us. Absolutely reeks of Woodward.

Itís the only transfer we have had that happened a bit quick at out of the blue. There were no rumours or anything beforehand . Ajax probably offered him to Woodward and he accepted
 
Unread 16-01-2022, 09:18 AM
AK14
 
Default


 
Unread 16-01-2022, 09:32 AM
Sapien
 
Default

And a century of minutes
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Donny Van De Beek
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Donny Tourette Looks a Twat Crumps Off Topic 14 21-10-2008 02:37 PM
One nil Donny!! toseeunited Off Topic 34 27-05-2008 12:31 PM
FAO Shut The f*** Up, Donny f*** KFC Off Topic 3 20-05-2007 11:21 PM
So what's Donny Tourette up to these days? antonin jablonsky Off Topic 73 30-01-2007 04:29 PM
Donny Tourette = Frankie Wilde koppas Off Topic 47 04-01-2007 11:24 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.