Unread 14-01-2022, 10:48 AM
armchair

Starts Saturday.

Unread 14-01-2022, 10:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Starts Saturday.
Need to give him at least a 5 games starting stretch at some point before binning him imo.

Iím sure Souness thought the same of Ali Dia too though.

Unread 14-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Sharders

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Starts Saturday.
Hope so. Great player. He must be doing something wrong in training. Definitely lacking confidence or teamwork or something. Play him and give him time.

Unread 14-01-2022, 11:42 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

If, by this stage, the lad isn't agitating for a move himself he must have just given up on football altogether. You would think that any committed pro would be kicking the manager's door down in a use me or lose me!!! fit of frustration.

Unread 14-01-2022, 12:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane View Post
If, by this stage, the lad isn't agitating for a move himself he must have just given up on football altogether. You would think that any committed pro would be kicking the manager's door down in a use me or lose me!!! fit of frustration.
Unless there's no clubs actually in for him because he's not that good..
bunker baiter

Unread 14-01-2022, 12:41 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Unless there's no clubs actually in for him because he's not that good..
bunker baiter
Shirley Ajax, they loved him there.

Unread 14-01-2022, 04:35 PM
goldfinger II

I think the problem is that though nominally, he is a "midfielder," he seems to do his best work in and around the opposition's box. His awareness and composure in those areas seems to be very good. He wants to be up there all the time, I reckon.

Though decent at everything, and willing, he is not a real midfielder in that he doesn't have the ability to screen the back four or face the play and distribute the ball effectively. I would have liked to have seen him given a run in one of the two midfield positions just to see if he could be useful there. I suspect we didn't see that because the manager had come to the conclusion early on that he couldn't play in one of those positions effectively, and so there was no point trying it. Who knows?

He seems a good sort and would probably be very good in a Lampard-like position in a midfield three, but we don't play that formation. Maybe playing as one of the advanced midfielders in a 4-2-2-2 formation would suit him, if we were to go back to that.

It was bad move for him and us. Absolutely reeks of Woodward.

Unread 14-01-2022, 04:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II View Post
I think the problem is that though nominally, he is a "midfielder," he seems to do his best work in and around the opposition's box. His awareness and composure in those areas seems to be very good. He wants to be up there all the time, I reckon.

Though decent at everything, and willing, he is not a real midfielder in that he doesn't have the ability to screen the back four or face the play and distribute the ball effectively. I would have liked to have seen him given a run in one of the two midfield positions just to see if he could be useful there. I suspect we didn't see that because the manager had come to the conclusion early on that he couldn't play in one of those positions effectively, and so there was no point trying it. Who knows?

He seems a good sort and would probably be very good in a Lampard-like position in a midfield three, but we don't play that formation. Maybe playing as one of the advanced midfielders in a 4-2-2-2 formation would suit him, if we were to go back to that.

It was bad move for him and us. Absolutely reeks of Woodward.

Itís the only transfer we have had that happened a bit quick at out of the blue. There were no rumours or anything beforehand . Ajax probably offered him to Woodward and he accepted

Unread 16-01-2022, 09:18 AM
AK14

Unread 16-01-2022, 09:32 AM
Sapien

And a century of minutes