United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:28 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
No, Manchester United are Glazer team. The fans of Manchester United have their own team and that's FC United.

HTH
What a load of shite.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
No. Some people who go to united wouldn't dream of watching the reserves or FC which is fair enough and then some people who are quite happy to go and watch united be it the reserves, the first team or FC.

This morning I have had a mail from a mate who has held a season ticket since he was a kid ruing the fact that he wont be able to get away from OT to Gigg Lane in time for kick off, its a common misconception that FC and Man United are mutually exclusive when they aren't.
That wasn't a point I was makin, I've no issue with FC or the fans of it, I've considered going myself once or twice. My point was just that could calling FC "the fans club" not be interpreted as suggesting fans of only United aren't the real "fans". Just a question

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What a load of shite.
agreed I don't normally comment on FC but that post £#%&!ed me off

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
No, Manchester United are Glazer team. The fans of Manchester United have their own team and that's FC United.

HTH
Helpful.

#@&%!.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Are the reserves Manchester United? I mean they are not the first team so they can't be. FC united is a team made by Manchester United fans and the majority of the players are Manchester United fans but most importantly it is owned by Manchester United fans but everyone is free to come and watch them whoever they may have alligence with in the higher tiers of the league. Hope that helps.
yes the reserves are manchester united. manchester united reserves. does that really need confirming? are FC manchester united. of course not. no more so than my 5-aside team (which is made up by and large of united fans). are FC the fan's club. no, they are the club of some of the fans. this is all quite simple. not even sure why I am explaining it.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Zorg

People only call FC 'the fans' club' because a) it's owned by fans and b) it's shorthand.
That said it does make me wince a bit.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:44 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
People only call FC 'the fans' club' because a) it's owned by fans and b) it's shorthand.
That said it does make me wince a bit.
shorthand for what? FC?
they call it the fan's club because they are trying to make a point, badly.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:46 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That wasn't a point I was makin, I've no issue with FC or the fans of it, I've considered going myself once or twice. My point was just that could calling FC "the fans club" not be interpreted as suggesting fans of only United aren't the real "fans". Just a question
I see where you are coming from but speaking personally and not being any kind of spokesman for FC I would suggest anyone taking offence to the implication that they are not a proper united fan from that is either a bit too precious for their own good or probably already had previous ill feeling towards FC in the first place.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:47 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
yes the reserves are manchester united. manchester united reserves. does that really need confirming? are FC manchester united. of course not. no more so than my 5-aside team (which is made up by and large of united fans). are FC the fan's club. no, they are the club of some of the fans. this is all quite simple. not even sure why I am explaining it.
I see, could you explain what makes Manchester United?

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
agreed I don't normally comment on FC but that post £#%&!ed me off
yeah you do it via the pm function

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Zorg

Quote:
shorthand for what? FC?
they call it the fan's club because they are trying to make a point, badly.
shorthand for 'the club created and owned by Manchester United fans'.

Hope this helps.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I see where you are coming from but speaking personally and not being any kind of spokesman for FC I would suggest anyone taking offence to the implication that they are not a proper united fan from that is either a bit too precious for their own good or probably already had previous ill feeling towards FC in the first place.
Furry muff sir. I shall now depart.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Furry muff sir. I shall now depart.
Before the thread descends in to name calling? I don't blame you

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What a load of shite.
Quote:
The implication is not that "all real fans are involved in FC". It is a club owned, run and followed by (mostly) Manchester United fans. It is not ALL Manchester United fans, just a small minority of them.

If my original post had said

Quote:
No, Manchester United are Glazer's team. Some of the fans of Manchester United have their own team and that's FC United.

HTH
Then it is absolute fact and can not be argued with in any way at all.

The same would still be true if Edwards was in charge of course. The only time Manchester United ever belonged to the fans in any real sense was when a (too) small number of the shares in the PLC were owned by fans.

I wasn't trying to get into an emotive discussion about the soul of the club and who is responsible for it's success etc. The cold hard facts are, Glazer (or a consortium of faceless banks) owns Manchester United, not you or I.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
I don't know too much about this FC team but I hear that some city fans go along to watch them.

Confirmed.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:14 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:21 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
spot on.

Unread 01-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Won 3-2, play Skelmersdale in the final on Saturday

Their first 3 o'clock Saturday kick off of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:05 AM
shenwen

Quote:
The implication is not that "all real fans are involved in FC". It is a club owned, run and followed by (mostly) Manchester United fans. It is not ALL Manchester United fans, just a small minority of them.

If my original post had said

Then it is absolute fact and can not be argued with in any way at all.

The same would still be true if Edwards was in charge of course. The only time Manchester United ever belonged to the fans in any real sense was when a (too) small number of the shares in the PLC were owned by fans.

I wasn't trying to get into an emotive discussion about the soul of the club and who is responsible for it's success etc. The cold hard facts are, Glazer (or a consortium of faceless banks) owns Manchester United, not you or I.
same as it as always been then eh? (except for a brief PLC period which everyone seemed to dislike at the time)

Unread 02-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

What i cant understand is why some United fans want to go out of their way to try and paint FC United as having nothing to do with MUFC.

Obviously they do; they were formed by United fans. Many of the United fans that go to games have never been to an FC match and dont really care much about them but at the same time they do recognize that they are a team created by United fans and that there is a connection with MUFC, they take a sort of 'fair play to em' type of view.

A small minority though cant help themselves but to go out of their way to discredit FC and try to detatch them from MUFC. I dont know why they do this but if i was to hazzard a guess the following reasons would come to mind;

- Insecurity, fear that one day FC United might be in the same league as MUFC and that there could be two United's in Manchester

- Guilt, the mere existence of FC reminds them of how they did £#%&! all when the glazers came in

- Jealousy, they dont live in Manchester and so cant get to the games or watch them on TV so they dont like them

- Closed mind, only have an ability to think inside the box 'there's only one united', 'its always been that way' etc

There may be other reasons that i'm not sure of - maybe Shenwen or some other anti FC forum member could explain it better to me?
Closed Thread