United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-01-2023, 09:20 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah he also takes complete ownership of what happened on the pitch. Doesn't come out making passive aggressive remarks about how the opposition plays or get in the 4th officials face the entire game. it's all on us.
Yup, he’s absolute class. Unlike that hysterical lunatic in the Arsenal dugout.

Unread 22-01-2023, 09:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Woulda coulda
yes, but you were complaining about The Scottish Player being shite. he is shite. that's why we need more midfielders. cass can't fix us, if he's not playing. and we don't have cover for him (or a dm partner, tbh).

Unread 22-01-2023, 09:25 PM
marlo

I personally think it’s time to bring back sancho for this weird hiatus, even at his worst he was about antonys current level!

Unread 22-01-2023, 09:55 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
How a man responds to a defeat.

Compare and contrast with the @#%&! Guardiola chucking his toys out of the pram last weekend.

Unread 22-01-2023, 09:55 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I personally think it’s time to bring back sancho for this weird hiatus, even at his worst he was about antonys current level!
don’t know about that

Anthony might not have the end product at the moment but he never hides or goes missing

sometimes you never knew Sancho was playing

Unread 22-01-2023, 09:56 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I’m not a wind up, I’m just leaving the emirates actually!
Thought It was you serving at the kiosk

Unread 22-01-2023, 09:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yeah he also takes complete ownership of what happened on the pitch. Doesn't come out making passive aggressive remarks about how the opposition plays or get in the 4th officials face the entire game. it's all on us.
Exactly. Always talking in terms of what we can do to improve.

Unread 23-01-2023, 03:39 AM
shenwen

Oddly not that arsed the morning after. Played well until the last 20 when legs started to go (and a very limited bench to help with that) and lost to a late, scrappy goal. And at least conceding late will piss off the blue @#%&!s.

Imagine what Erik will do once he gets a proper squad to play with

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:04 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Oddly not that arsed the morning after...
Imagine if we'd had won and at the end of the season, City took the title by one point.

Obviously, we all want us to win it, but a little bit of realism goes a long way in such situations. United are back, no matter what the final score was yesterday.

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:46 AM
Hyman_Roth

So marlo was at the emirates yesterday. Well I’ll be…….

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:21 AM
Jethro

Not pissed off but still disappointed. Should easily be back home with a point, possibly three with a push. Ah well.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:40 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not pissed off but still disappointed. Should easily be back home with a point, possibly three with a push. Ah well.
we should be 5 points closer to Arsenal than we are.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
we should be 5 points closer to Arsenal than we are.
Ifs and buts. If zaha scored at the end of palace we would have one point less .

We are a work in progress. The palace game feels worse now but not alot you can do. They will improve. At the very least and probably looking for positives in the furthest of regions, the shit@#%&!s won’t mask their abilities and we will still sign that CM RB and ST.

AWB was looking good but probably shows why he will never be a first team footballer for this team. Great as a cover though. The Scottish Players game drops every time he plays. I think his head is already at another club and Fred has shown at his best he is a squad player.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:44 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s and buts. If zaha scored at the end of palace we would have one point less .

We are a work in progress. The palace game feels worse now but not alot you can do. They will improve. At the very least and probably looking for positives in the furthest of regions, the shit@#%&!s won’t mask their abilities and we will still sign that CM RB and ST.

AWB was looking good but probably shows why he will never be a first team footballer for this team. Great as a cover though. The Scottish Players game drops every time he plays. I think his head is already at another club and Fred has shown at his best he is a squad player.
It is frustrating. I don't think anyone is pissed off but league titles are won/lost on these margins.

We can't afford to be so reliant on one midfielder to boss our games and a striker to score our goals.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
It is frustrating. I don't think anyone is pissed off but league titles are won/lost on these margins.

We can't afford to be so reliant on one midfielder to boss our games and a striker to score our goals.
Any team is going to suffer without, literally, the best DM in the world.

Eriksen's game is also far less effective without the big man in midfield.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:48 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Of course it is. We are Man Utd. We should never leave a game we have lost not frustrated.

I think the thing to remember is we have a fantastic manager who has improved so many players in 6 months. We are so far away of what he can do and what we can become.

Combine that with new owners maybe ratcliffe or whoever and the future is bright.

ETH has in reality one window and has gotten us 3rd. Probably where we belong as of this moment. Arsenal are on fire and city have the depth. I don’t think Arsenal will win the league but they’ll go far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

This!

We had our best player (most people voted for him) missing. Take out odegaard from Arsenal and they’ll do £#%&! all. Everything came through him.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:51 AM
silv

Quote:

We had Nicky Butt when Keane wasn't available.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
We had Nicky Butt when Keane wasn't available.
exactly.

who's our nicky butt now? we don't have one. The Scottish Player and fred aren't fit to lace buttys boots

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:55 AM
silv

Quote:
exactly.

who's our nicky butt now? we don't have one. The Scottish Player and fred aren't fit to lace buttys boots
So go and bloody find one whippers

im asking for solutions not problems

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
So go and bloody find one whippers

im asking for solutions not problems
Rice would be an acceptable backup