Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Probably my second ever fave United manager after Ole
You can be a bit too obvious, pal

Unread 12-03-2019, 12:26 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
LvG could only dream of doing what OGS has done.

Didnt even get out of the group stage under the big man!
There was me thinking this was a genuine thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Great choice of photo

Unread 12-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Clownbones

Great manager and my favourite between Fergie and Ole, even though it didn't work.

Unread 12-03-2019, 09:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He killed ashtonred
Another plus

Unread 12-03-2019, 11:28 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Great manager and my favourite between Fergie and Ole, even though it didn't work.
So basically the tallest dwarf.

Unread 12-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Jethro

Right manager at the worst time. Hell of a character and gave us some of the best post Fergie moments. The FA Cup win

LVG Reds

Unread 12-03-2019, 12:29 PM
dunk

Cool

Unread 12-03-2019, 12:32 PM
windy waffles

The thing about Van Gaal is, I don't think any of the fan's actually disliked him (unlike Mou). It was just his style of play which didn't suit us.

No hard feelings coming his way from Surrey Hills that is for sure.

Unread 12-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Chorlton74

his style of play was a lot to be desired.

his pressers were gold.

named my 2nd kid after him.

lots of respect from the kids he brought through.

Unread 12-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
his style of play was a lot to be desired.

his pressers were gold.

named my 2nd kid after him.

lots of respect from the kids he brought through.
Aloysius? Top kid

Unread 12-03-2019, 01:35 PM
TheKitchenSink

Legend

Unread 12-03-2019, 03:59 PM
MagnificentSeven

the 4-2 against city is still my favourite post-fergie game.

after losing something like 4 or 5 games in a row to them, that was long overdue.

too bad carrick getting injured £#%&!ed us because we looked the %@#$&!s during that period.

Unread 12-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
the 4-2 against city is still my favourite post-fergie game.

after losing something like 4 or 5 games in a row to them, that was long overdue.

too bad carrick getting injured £#%&!ed us because we looked the %@#$&!s during that period.
Was a special afternoon in the rain

He was an incredible character and an awesome coach over his career. Only have to see the respect he gets in the game and from legends how influential he was. An absolute farce how he was treated in this country. Unfortunately he didn't have time on his side to rebuild into his blueprint but the days we showed what we had- City 4-2, Spurs 3-0, Arsenal 3-2...that game at Anfield - it was amazing.

Some managers talk about philosophy and process as middle management speak to avoid the hard questions. Louis was genuine in his words because his career had proved his methods work. And to date he's won the most important trophy post Fergie

Unread 12-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Red Santos

BIg character. Entertaining press conferences. IMO Played the best football post Fergie in those couple of months in the Spring of 2015. Bought Martial.. Gave Rashford his debut and gaves chances to the kids.

Apart from that the football was overall £#%&!ing shite. How many £#%&!ing times in the 2015-2016 season did we go in at half-time 0-0 with ZERO £#%&!ING SHOTS on target

Tore up a title winning squad and replaced it with manure like Falcao, Schneidlin and a finished Bastian Schweinsteger

Unread 12-03-2019, 06:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

He was an incredible character and an awesome coach over his career. Only have to see the respect he gets in the game and from legends how influential he was. An absolute farce how he was treated in this country. Unfortunately he didn't have time on his side to rebuild into his blueprint but the days we showed what we had- City 4-2, Spurs 3-0, Arsenal 3-2...that game at Anfield - it was amazing.

Some managers talk about philosophy and process as middle management speak to avoid the hard questions. Louis was genuine in his words because his career had proved his methods work. And to date he's won the most important trophy post Fergie
It was. And very different to Mourinho. The critical analysis from pundits was a world apart.

Very strange to read the outpouring of love for the Big Man on social media, as if most didn't hate him back then

Unread 12-03-2019, 06:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Yep.

@#%&!s like Fatman, Stone, Redknapp all thinking they know more about the game than him was infuriating to read/watch/listen too.

The way he was sacked was criminal and the presser after the fa cup win in which he was basically laughed at by the media @#%&!s

Was also brilliant in interviews.

Unread 12-03-2019, 07:31 PM
sa7

Put Wings on the map did the big man
Closed Thread