dunk

Should never have sacked him.

Unread 24-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
. good timekeeping:

Unread 24-09-2019, 09:53 PM
Ethers

'I don’t know if I’m going to be here next season, but I want to tell you anyway how proud I am of every single one of you. We fought together in adversity and we ended up lifting this special trophy. That is something that nobody will be able to change. Thank you to all of you'

Getting booed by his own fans as he went up to get the trophy remains the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever seen from United supporters.

Unread 24-09-2019, 09:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’m gone here. Ffs.
Who could blame you pal.

Quote:
'I don’t know if I’m going to be here next season, but I want to tell you anyway how proud I am of every single one of you. We fought together in adversity and we ended up lifting this special trophy. That is something that nobody will be able to change. Thank you to all of you'

Getting booed by his own fans as he went up to get the trophy remains the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever seen from United supporters.
We deserved better than him apparently. Collective heads gone that season I'm afraid.

Unread 24-09-2019, 09:57 PM
dunk

Quote:

Currently reaping what they sowed tbf.

Unread 24-09-2019, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria

I will say it again - he didn't help things by stating he would only be at the club for three years.

Unread 25-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

The football was a bit shit hy LVG but atleast he had a style. Of course he didnt want to be that boring but he wasnt helped by have shit@#%&!s in team and having a piss poor recruitment. We needed a van gaal who was 10 years younger.

He had a top managing style, the likes of that rat gary neville could never get. Just because he didnt play with wingers, it wasnt " man utd style". I hate it when g nev goes on like we have a style ,fergie played about 3 different ways during his tenure.

What could have been

Unread 25-09-2019, 07:30 AM
tatty

The football was utterly atrocious under him...and I wanted to see him at United.

Just look back at the match day threads from that time.

Unread 25-09-2019, 07:38 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
The football was utterly atrocious under him...and I wanted to see him at United.

Didn’t happen just like he didn’t spend 200 million on some of the worst players we’ve ever had. Did get pissed up at an awards do though and slapped a player over the head. It’s what we’re crying out for now.

Unread 25-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Spock

Quote:

This hindsight eh, everyone wanted him gone at the time

Unread 25-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This hindsight eh, everyone wanted him gone at the time
I think it was the Moyes bump at the time.

Moyes was £#%&!ing horrific, so we expected the next man in, a high level manager who has managed and won the best in the game, to be the best thing since sliced bread. And in the end he wasn't all that. The football was shite and the league finishes weren't great.

With hindsight though it's easy to see that if we could have stuck with him for as long as possible we'd probably be in a much better position than we are now.

Unread 25-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:

Yep. Hope keVFC is proud of himself

Unread 25-09-2019, 07:59 AM
puressence

Wish he was still here

Unread 25-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Wish he was still here
You and me both.

Unread 25-09-2019, 08:27 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Glad we quickly moved on to the sparkling football of the last three years tbh. Deffo got our United back

Unread 25-09-2019, 09:32 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I will say it again - he didn't help things by stating he would only be at the club for three years.
Yep.

Apparently wasn’t it that he said he’d do two years but woody convinced him to sign up for the three..... only to sack him after two

I backed him when he was here even though at times his football was atrocious and was convinced that the problem was the structure above him. Just like Jose and Ole tbh.
Closed Thread