United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Sapien

Default Arsenal

After a very tough, and, it has to be said, crap start to the season they’ve now won 8 on the trot. 4 points of top spot in the league.

I must say I've not seen anything of them but it looks like the new chap is doing a good job.

Obviously this cements the case that we have zero chance of making the top 4 this season, but does anyone think Arsenal could be the surprise package this season? Or have they just had an easy run of games?

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:33 AM
waynes ear's

who gives a shit

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:40 AM
dunk

They were definitely going to suffer post Wenger the same way our suffering was inevitable..

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Buck

They had the hardest start possible and the easiest run since. Mind you Wenger only won 1 away league game in his last five months and that came on the last day. So Emery has improved on that count.

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:45 AM
windy waffles

Could do far worse than poaching Emery when Mou is sacked...

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:47 AM
kamui

i do not like arsenal and support Manchester

Unread 05-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui
i do not like arsenal and support Manchester
Same (although I'm not fussed on arsenal)

Unread 05-10-2018, 11:05 AM
woody78

From what I've seen they've been shite. Been very lucky to win the games they have.

Can't see them finishing top 4

Unread 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
After a very tough, and, it has to be said, crap start to the season they’ve now won 8 on the trot. 4 points of top spot in the league.

I must say I've not seen anything of them but it looks like the new chap is doing a good job.

Obviously this cements the case that we have zero chance of making the top 4 this season, but does anyone think Arsenal could be the surprise package this season? Or have they just had an easy run of games?
No. They've been fortunate from what I've seen. They're still shit and will roll over every time they play anybody decent.

Unread 05-10-2018, 05:45 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, its still Arsenal we are talking about.

And comparing their situation to ours post-Fergie omits that they went into a significant decline before Wenger stood aside.

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Sapien

1 point off the top

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Switching Off

Looked good today, only saw second half.

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:16 PM
guerreiro

Only saw the Aubemyang goal. Looked like world beaters.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Only saw the Aubemyang goal. Looked like world beaters.
Played 2 decent teams, lost.

Then they've had a pretty decent run against the league's worst teams. Cardiff, Newcastle, Fulham, Watford at home, Everton at home (who haven't beaten them in about 20 years at Arsenal)... played FC Carrier bag and Dynamo Chernobyl in europe.

Basically, it's arsenal being text book arsenal. Running in goals and looking good against dross.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Played 2 decent teams, lost.

Then they've had a pretty decent run against the league's worst teams. Cardiff, Newcastle, Fulham, Watford at home, Everton at home (who haven't beaten them in about 20 years at Arsenal)... played FC Carrier bag and Dynamo Chernobyl in europe.

Basically, it's arsenal being text book arsenal. Running in goals and looking good against dross.
Wish we could do that tbf

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Wish we could do that tbf
Well we're a mess. So no, there's no chance of us doing that.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:13 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well we're a mess. So no, there's no chance of us doing that.

Unread 07-10-2018, 05:47 PM
red in cumbria

Sparky is right, they are back to being flat track bullies. I accept even that is an improvement on the past few years, but lets not go overboard.

Unread 07-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sparky is right, they are back to being flat track bullies. I accept even that is an improvement on the past few years, but lets not go overboard.
Nobody has gone overboard.
Closed Thread