United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2018, 02:39 PM
doudou

Default PSG "on course to fail" financial fair play rules

Not a surprise, let's see what happens now...

Unread 11-04-2018, 02:40 PM
andyroo

Bugger all, presumably

Unread 11-04-2018, 02:42 PM
dunk

I for one am stunned.

Unread 11-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Ethers

Imagine my surprise.....

Unread 11-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Sparky***

When's their probe on City's sponsorships then?

Unread 11-04-2018, 02:59 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
what, you think 200 mill a season from Etisalad is over the odds?

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
what, you think 200 mill a season from Etisalad is over the odds?
If you took away all City's sponsors with links to the Al Nahyan family then they'd be lucky to get 200 quid let alone 200 mill. £#%&!ing stinks to high heaven.

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM
believe

Quote:
If you took away all City's sponsors with links to the Al Nahyan family then they'd be lucky to get 200 quid let alone 200 mill. £#%&!ing stinks to high heaven.
I honestly don’t get your point on this, you could say the same about any company sponsoring any team. If Etihad, Etisalat etc we’re none profit companies like UNICEF or the Qatar foundation then I could but you’re really making a point about nothing.

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:12 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I honestly don’t get your point on this, you could say the same about any company sponsoring any team. If Etihad, Etisalat etc we’re none profit companies like UNICEF or the Qatar foundation then I could but you’re really making a point about nothing.
That would only make sense if Abu D had a meaningful private sector outside the control of the royal family.

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:17 PM
silv

Quote:
not really, when the companies are owned by the people who own the football team so will pay them whatever they need to buy the players
have a loco danny boy

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:37 PM
ScarFace

they'll be fine once they sell Neymar n mbappeh

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:46 PM
red in cumbria

Most shocking news of the year. Not

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:47 PM
dunk

Mbappe back at Monaco next year would be amusing

Unread 11-04-2018, 03:52 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
they'll be fine once they sell Neymar n mbappeh
He's only on loan at the moment.

Unread 11-04-2018, 06:22 PM
sa7

Quote:
Straight after they finish the gourmet buffet laid on for them at the Etihad

Unread 11-04-2018, 06:30 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
not really, when the companies are owned by the people who own the football team so will pay them whatever they need to buy the players
have a loco danny boy
I understand that concept John but they're profitable companies pumping money in to a franchise just like every other club in the world. It's been happening for years just like every other vendettas sparky seems to have. Who cares where it comes from? I can understand why PSG might be under scrutiny because they play in a shit league that no one cares about but City are probably earning just as much money as any of the top European teams through to and commercial deals. It's literally the worst argument against the, being top of the league.

Unread 11-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I understand that concept John but they're profitable companies pumping money in to a franchise just like every other club in the world. It's been happening for years just like every other vendettas sparky seems to have. Who cares where it comes from? I can understand why PSG might be under scrutiny because they play in a shit league that no one cares about but City are probably earning just as much money as any of the top European teams through to and commercial deals. It's literally the worst argument against the, being top of the league.
Thanks for your completely unbiased viewpoint there, Mr lives and works in abu dhabi.

Unread 11-04-2018, 06:43 PM
believe

Quote:
Thanks for your completely unbiased viewpoint there, Mr lives and works in abu dhabi.
What the £#%&! has that got to with it? I don't work for Etisalat. Your arguments are child like and something we've been listening to for the last 20 years but have denied. They've spent the most money waaahh they're corrupt waaah "drugiola" waaahhh

To summarise,. City won't get done in any way shape or form through FFP, PSG will. Hth.

Unread 11-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Lok

As soon as Platini was banned, PSG were £#%&!ed.

City wont get away with it for much longer either. The deals are shady as £#%&!. There's no way City can command as much as United from advertising revenues and sponsorship. To think they can is just crazy.

Believe has had a mare.

Unread 12-04-2018, 09:58 AM
jem

Quote:
bellers, if you can't understand why artificially inflating sponsorship deals from related sponsors undermines the ffp concept, then you don't understand the concept.

aa for the question "who cares where it comes from?", football really should care about russian and middle eastern propaganda / money laundering. also carpetbagging yanks who know £#%&! all about football. there is meant to be a fit and proper test.

all clubs should be mutualised anyway.

I'd love to say no one wants to watch city and united are a draw, but discerning viewers will flip that on its head if we don't get rid of anyone who hates football. £#%&! people who hate football.
Closed Thread