United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2018, 06:59 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if we don't beat them, not only will they win the league, but liverpool will go above us for more than five minutes. a win would be worth celebrating. all the more so if we play expansive football and play them of their park. lol.
Nurse, the screens!

Unread 31-03-2018, 07:24 PM
sub three hours

We had a comfortable win today, but we won't be able to take our foot off the pedal against Citeh the way we did today.

Unread 31-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
We'll beat them, of that I'm convinced.

So convinced that I have already organised the piss up for afterwards

Wait, you're a red, right?

Unread 31-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Great being United these days. Don't worry, we'll get a 0-0 away at City to delay their winning the title in early April
It's not really city though is it and they will only enjoy the glory days as long as the Arab money keeps rolling in.
If they had to stand on their own two feet they would be a mid to lower table PL club and we would still be a top 4 club.

Unread 31-03-2018, 07:37 PM
puressence

We’ve beaten the other top 6 team this season. On

Unread 31-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Bunker Buster

You couldn’t pay to attend.
I’ll struggle to watch.

£#%&! everything

Unread 31-03-2018, 07:59 PM
sa7

I just hope football is the winner...

Unread 31-03-2018, 08:05 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

They will be more determined to win it than we win be to stop them ....and we haven't got the players with the gonads to kick them off the park....

Hibernate

Unread 31-03-2018, 08:37 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
We’ve beaten the other top 6 team this season. On

I'd love to think so.

I'm not interested in Morinho parking the bus next week, I want to see him give the team carte blanche to have a go.

I'd rather lose trying than lose not trying if you know what i mean.

Unread 31-03-2018, 08:39 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

I'd love to think so.

I'm not interested in Morinho parking the bus next week, I want to see him give the team carte blanche to have a go.

I'd rather lose trying than lose not trying if you know what i mean.
yes. what you mean is that you have expectations that can't be met.

Unread 31-03-2018, 08:42 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Great being United these days. Don't worry, we'll get a 0-0 away at City to delay their winning the title in early April
It's a bit irrelevant really, theyve been by far the best team in the country and deserved winners. We'd had to give guard of honours to the likes of chelsea before, had arsenal win the league at OT , had chelsea win the league against us in 06.

If we stop them cool, if not, it's added motivation for next year. They know theyre champions, i think theyll focus on the cl games.

Unread 31-03-2018, 08:43 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al

It's not really city though is it.
This is what I have to keep telling myself.

I won't be watching, listening, or owt next week. And will be staying off all social media, except Fred, for several days.
Insufferable @#%&!s.

Unread 31-03-2018, 08:44 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes. what you mean is that you have expectations that can't be met.
Mourinho's now got a week to prepare for what to me has now become our most important game of the season (Yes, call me sad but I'd rather beat Citeh at the Council House than win the cup final.) Parking the bus and avoiding defeat at all costs will not do next weekend

Unread 31-03-2018, 08:45 PM
saffers

Quote:
Mourinho's now got a week to prepare for what to me has now become our most important game of the season (Yes, call me sad but I'd rather beat Citeh at the Council House than win the cup final.) Parking the bus and avoiding defeat at all costs will not do next weekend
Thats silly mate.

Need another pot to keep the momentum going. Beating spurs and chelsea to the fa cup would be a nice way to end the season on a high....

Unread 31-03-2018, 09:01 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Thats silly mate.

Need another pot to keep the momentum going. Beating spurs and chelsea to the fa cup would be a nice way to end the season on a high....
you don't live near any blues do you, pal?

Unread 31-03-2018, 09:28 PM
MagnificentSeven

nailed on win for them, i'm afraid. it won't be pleasant but hopefully it will give the club a kick up the arse like their 2012 title win did.

Unread 31-03-2018, 09:37 PM
puressence

Can’t wait tbh the giddiness factor has reached bieber level £#%&!ing love to win there and Sanchez to bag it

Unread 31-03-2018, 10:05 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
nailed on win for them, i'm afraid. it won't be pleasant but hopefully it will give the club a kick up the arse like their 2012 title win did.
I'm going to upset saffers here but I disagree with you MagnificentSeven, I see a team in this United that can beat Citeh and challenge for the title next season, but i believe Mourinho is the biggest constraint on this team.

Unread 01-04-2018, 12:29 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
I'm going to upset saffers here but I disagree with you MagnificentSeven, I see a team in this United that can beat Citeh and challenge for the title next season, but i believe Mourinho is the biggest constraint on this team.
if we play like we did at old trafford it'll be 3-0 or 4-0.

we are capable of beating them, we're not actually as bad as people think we are, but like you said it's down to mourinho. i'd like to think he'll spring one of his famous smash and grabs, like he did at their place with chelsea the year they won it with pellegrini, but can he do such a thing while we have the likes of smalling as a first teamer?

either way, we recovered from 2012 which is still my lowest point supporting united, even with moyes and van gaal, so we'll get through this just fine.

Unread 01-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Sparky***

If we lose to City and then Spurs I can see Mourinho driving to Dundee with some toblerones.
Closed Thread