Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
who, pal?

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
That are available? Who and on what basis?
What basis ?

To take us back to the right way of playing football
A young manager with a desire to manage the club in the traditions expected..

I’d happily go a few years without a trophy for a hungry manager to build a team whilst living in the northwest...

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:53 PM
MagnificentSeven

next season should be his last chance. and if it doesn't work out, get rid asap instead of waiting until towards the end of the season like with moyes and lvg.

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What basis ?

To take us back to the right way of playing football
A young manager with a desire to manage the club in the traditions expected..

I’d happily go a few years without a trophy for a hungry manager to build a team whilst living in the northwest...
Who?

Give us a name pal.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Who?

Give us a name pal.

Pochettino apparently is the chosen one.
Good luck with happily going years without a trophy, as City and Liverpool clean up though. Very commendable

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Good luck with happily going years without a trophy, as City and Liverpool clean up though. Very commendable

The wheels are already in motion...

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
It's all about short term glory for some. I suppose that's what got you lads following the shirts in the first place.

Tis a shame.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
State of some of you lot. Supposed to be veterans and everything.

Its as if the middle has no validity. Only polarized opinions will be considered, as sensible reflection does tickle the undeveloped brain's teenage tantrum tendril in a way that delivers gratifying anger surges. Christ.

I don't think anyone can dispute Jose's long history of resorting to the most unattractive solution to any problem. His unbridled narcissism and almost scouse levels of victim paranoia. His point-blank refusal to entertain any other approaches to any aspect of his job. His content to remain wholly inflexible and resistant to change on the basis that his method has delivered so much, so consistently in the past.

And that brings us to the other side. He does win. For all the media and half of you lot like to act like Manchester United is a burning building, we have performed, for the most part, much better than last season. Scoring more goals, conceding fewer, winning more games and displaying undeniable progression.

The third aspect is to say, sure there have been some high profile calamitous games. And some of the interpersonal relationships behind the scenes are impossible to fully understand without actually working alongside him and the players every day (which really needs to be stressed that not a single one of us or the press do). His working methods and relationships with any number of players is a mystery, not just headline grabbers like Shaw and Pogba.

In short, none of us are in any position to say with any assurance that what he is doing is or isn't helping. We are certainly a lot better off than under the other managers since Fergie. Is it ideal? No, is it balls. I'd certainly consider another option if a truly better one came along but I don't see many out there. Not if I'm properly objective about it. Until a genuinely viable candidate (who will deliver better than 2nd in the league and more cup wins) becomes available then I'd say we're better off sticking with the deplorable narcissist we have now.

POTY.

Though not sure there is room for this sort of nuanced discussion on Fred.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
It's all about short term glory for some. I suppose that's what got you lads following the shirts in the first place.

Tis a shame.
Nah, was my father actually. Didn't really have a choice in the matter

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Who?

Give us a name pal.
Poch
Nagelsmann
Dom Tedesco
Hannes Wolf
Diego Alonso
Etc etc

The bundersleague has a raft of managers the right side of 40
Then there’s the Dutch young lads coming in high year in year out...

Safety isn’t always in your Ancelotti’s

Why not take a risk

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Would he be here for the long haul if Madrid came calling?

Who are these other young hungry managers that will have us playing football again?

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Clarkie

We did take a risk...

It backfired massively

Quote:
Would he be here for the long haul if Madrid came calling?

Who are these other young hungry managers that will have us playing football again?

If this was any other manager, he wouldn't be getting this. Fact is, people hate Mourinho.
Least some admit it

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
We did take a risk...

It backfired massively
Moyes? Moyes wasn't a risk as much as he was a very lazy and arrogant punt. He wasn't even young let alone young and promising.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
Poch
Nagelsmann
Dom Tedesco
Hannes Wolf
Diego Alonso
Etc etc

The bundersleague has a raft of managers the right side of 40
Then there’s the Dutch young lads coming in high year in year out...

Safety isn’t always in your Ancelotti’s

Why not take a risk
You’ve done me here pal, other than Pochettino I haven’t heard of a single one of them

I’ll take your word for it that Big Wolfers would have us playing fast flowing football within two season

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
We did take a risk...

It backfired massively

If this was any other manager, he wouldn't be getting this. Fact is, people hate Mourinho.
Least some admit it
I’d call out any manager in the £#%&!ing world for not bothering to move up here, flirting with PSG after a dour display at a field and his comments and performance V Sevilla....

That and the minging football...

Quote:
You’ve done me here pal, other than Pochettino I haven’t heard of a single one of them

I’ll take your word for it that Big Wolfers would have us playing fast flowing football within two season
Big Naggers would....absolute beast

Want Poch Though, think he’s a great fit...

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Moyes? Moyes wasn't a risk as much as he was a very lazy and arrogant punt. He wasn't even young let alone young and promising.

It was still a risk no matter what way you look at it

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
1: Poch
2: Nagelsmann
3: Dom Tedesco
4: Hannes Wolf
5: Diego Alonso
6: Etc etc
1: No idea how "available" he is and despite undoubtedly making progress with Spurs he still hasn't won anything.

2: Only been a manager at Hoffenheim since 2016. Currently has a win percentage of 41% No way is he ready to rebuild United at this stage.

3: Has so far managed the mighty Erzgebirge Aue and Schalke for a combined total of 12 months. Even less experienced than number 2.

4: Been sacked this year by Stuttgart. Never won a thing.

5: Only ever managed one club in Mexico. Not sure how this means he's qualified to rebuild Manchester United

6: Never heard of him but the last person we had at the club with the same name twice was Djemba Djemba and we all know how that worked out.

In short, there's no-one available right now who would definitely improve on what we've already got so Clarkie's point still stands.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Why does a manager have to have won something to take the united job ?

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Buck

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Sandman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Closed Thread